hailminion

What's there anymore on Onslaught?

Posted (edited)

What's there anymore on Onslaught? aka, the only game mode left supposedly to be challenging (end game content?)

When the update hit, I had a bit of hope that mayb this time, onslaught can be slightly more rewarding as we climb higher. Mayb some more incentive to encourage us to reach our maximum potential. But no, we still get the exact same stuff if we just play 85 - 88 over and over, compared with people at 900. 

I more and more can now sympathize many I know who quit. Last night was the fist time, since I started DD2, that I started to feel a bit tired. 

I had a semi-clear goal before my AP; a goal for the AP logo I desired; a goal for the Min Asc I wanted.

Now, idk anymore. We got many cool stuff as we progressed in early stage challanges, one-and-only Hyper Shards, Defender Medals, special flairs from different modes. 

After all that, now I'm ready to test my potential, but what's there anymore? 

Gold? do expedition, don't even have winning streak in onslaught with less gold, with much harder difficulty; Mats? expedition; c8 amp/shard? cap at f83; High onslaught for cool-looking weapons? oh wait... they cap way before f83; Awesome special flairs? nvm, there isn't even any. But we can surely get more of those prestigious weapons that we have only NPC-sold less than 1000 :)

I don't know whether CG just doesn't want to take care of this anymore. With implement of so many new stuff like "shard vending" "new c8 shards" "new weapon", there were many opportunities to implement stuff incrementally with onslaught (spread out weapon drop?; drop DM/gold more and more as we progress?; New flairs spread thruout entire onslaught?; higher drop rate of c8 shard as we progress?) Yet, everything is still optimized, to do em in lower content only. 

TL DR: I just feel like I need some good indicators to remind me where I am at, and that I'm progressing. There's a problem when people ask me where I'm at and I have no clue, cuz all I do is press "next floor". Whether thru rewards, or logos, or loot, or wtv really. 

update: Got a new goal!!! Gild all c8 shards in the game haha. Let's see how long that'll take, I look forward to it. and look forward to if any changes occur by the time i accomplish the goal. 

Edited by hailminion
  • Like 4

Some special flairs every 50/100 floors are enuf to incent me :Emoji_GobHuntress: 

Weapons would've been good, but we already passed that, when we decided to reward f90 & f900 the same weapon. 

• Like 2

Been saying that for over a year, gain higher floors get new flair, but they always make it to buy instead of climbing floors.😑

The problem of this game goes not directly about flairs but about the system..

The connectivity (lag) at least for some,  the unballance between defenses as a whole (compare skel archer against lsa for ex), the lack of different threaten enemies like something that are naturally immune to stun like there is with slow or better suppport enemies, incentive with some advantage by utilizing more defenses (cost reduction by building for the 1st time for ex) and lower the grind to lv up all the things that need..The big one being pristine clusters with ch8 max and resets.

If had a lot of this adressed would be one of the best ftp games imo.

Would be good if flairs and also trophies for console users being unlocked but i dont think that would make a lot of people work out a lot for push to floor 900 or so in this current state.

• Like 1

Look if you have nothing to look forward how bout helping me out at onslaught 49 that’ll be something and appreciated

• Haha 1

I don't want to be the bringer of bad news but it sounds to me like you've put in 500+ hours and you've done all you want to do. I believe CG said something about adding more flairs here and there before DD:A. Who knows if it will be ons rewards or from defender packs. But it sounds to me like you are done with the game based on your goals. Nothing wrong with putting some time in to something else while waiting for future updates and the next game.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gwanpa said:

But it sounds to me like you are done with the game based on your goals. Nothing wrong with putting some time in to something else while waiting for future updates and the next game.

That's the plan Gwanpa. I just wanted to see if anything can be done to prevent that, for how much I would love to stay longer. 

The new hot fix just opened up a lot of build options, which will keep me going for another while. Guess we'll just wait and hope for the best whether CG will add anything at all. 

Posted (edited)

TBH, Onslaught is the only thing that interests me about this game now. I mostly run the game in the background while I watch NJPW or WWE and focus on Onslaught, for a 2-3 hour session every few days.

It does get to me sometimes with the grinding work, but I am extremely patient and have planned my farms and runs carefully.

Edited by ChrisH36

Can't stand farming. Farmed twice for this entire game and wanted to quit every time afterwards, which is why I haven't really played any expedition after I finished early progression. 

Same reason for this post, when there was no indicator that I was progressing/moving up when I was playing onslaught, it started to feel a bit like farming. (even AP keeps giving new logos and new AP points and stuff every 30 floors, onslaught right now doesn't even give that for every 50s, all things stay the same)

Got a new goal!!! Gild all c8 shards in the game haha. Let's see how long that'll take, I look forward to it. 

I'd rather play Mastery again than climb Onslaught floors. My least fave gamemode in DD2. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Personally, I'm already quite a bit tired on Onslaught too, even more so with Drakenfrost Keep. I definitely would love a new gamemode/difficulty that doesn't have anything to do with Onslaught or Chaos.

Like Nightmare...or Annihilation.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 11:30 PM, gcstephen13 said:

If you’re on the Xbox I’ll help you out 

Nvm I’m on 54 atm