Sign in to follow this  
K Double Zero N (MGIFA)

Dryad needs a buff...?

Does anyone else feel like the dryad is way underpowered now? i know she needed a nerf. But she was hit with a boulder compared to what she was.

So my point is i think that she deserves some kind of buff for her AI targeting or even a good Bee buff (nothing crazy) but something that can make her work well in high onslaught again.

i miss her,

• Like 4

Well dryad was the most OP hero for quite a while since she has been introduced - i think it was like full year or so. Then big updates came and meta has changed to more defenses - which was the correct way i think. Most of it happened with coming of mods - as you can see there are actually no specific mods for any of dryad´s defenses - which is quite sad.

Anyway i would say she had her glory already. She is not meta now - but she still can carry you i would say even to 100 ish, 200 ish floors with good setup.

I did 140 - 160 mostly with dryad defenses - ascension 600 - so its really not that bad. I bet some guys here with really high ascension can do even higher onslaughts with her.

She needs a buff for sure 

Salad is useless and can't reach high onslaught 

Also there are dryad specific mods (harpy poison for instance) 

• Like 1

My point was not that she needs to be meta but they made her a hero now she is a rock. rocks dont defend

she just needs something to make her useable in higher floors i was on floor 340+ dryad is crap there she cant do anything nimbus is really all she had that could help. and i have tons of mods ive used on her her bees targeting now is not good for 3 bees per target you need to place down 10 bees per lane sometimes. i dont see why they keep her in the game if she is never played in the mod they want people to play the most - HINT HINT thats why they added ancient power and C8 amp and c8 shards. im using her as my main reset hero she works fine but with no mods or anything. im only on floors 30-50 now and she is fine but that health is so low. she does not need to be meta she just needs some targeting changes IMO

• Like 2

I agree she needs a buff after this hard nerf. How do you even beat Onslaught on higher floors now without her Planteras Blessing? And why remove it anyways when they just add poison servos? Makes no sense to me...

Took me hours to get my Planteras Blessing to level 9. All that is gone now.

Why nerfing her again after nearly no one plays her anymore? Why not fix her hornets nests instead of doing this? This just supports the current meta. MFR+Flame Aura...

Did I miss anything?

• Like 3

I never really considered Dryad to be Overpowered much so that she was very limited with her defenses being centered around placing a Tree(wall) just to make her defense operate. That alone was enough for me to justify how strong or meta she was.

Case and point, after the nerf, she's no longer used other than to create variety in the lower levels of gameplay. Even psychologically, more often than not, once people hear or see the word nerf, the character is shortly abandoned, RIP.

For me personally, the game died in my heart once she was nerfed and I was never the same. She was and still is my favorite hero in the game but I've never been able to mentally recover :(

If CG just left her as is and allowed the game to evolve with mods/shards, etc things might have been different ???

Forever broken ... :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, nuzo said:

I never really considered Dryad to be Overpowered much so that she was very limited with her defenses being centered around placing a Tree(wall) just to make her defense operate. That alone was enough for me to justify how strong or meta she was.

Case and point, after the nerf, she's no longer used other than to create variety in the lower levels of gameplay. Even psychologically, more often than not, once people hear or see the word nerf, the character is shortly abandoned, RIP.

For me personally, the game died in my heart once she was nerfed and I was never the same. She was and still is my favorite hero in the game but I've never been able to mentally recover :(

If CG just left her as is and allowed the game to evolve with mods/shards, etc things might have been different ???

Forever broken ... :classic_unsure:

I feel exactly the same... This is from my Steam discussions thread:

"Just noticed my Harpies deal Fire Damage now instead of Poison Damage. Bug or intended? Finally thought my Dryad was more useful than the current meta. Guess not...
Poison damage was the only thing making the Dryad useful in Onslaught, now she is 100% useless. You cannot hold all lanes by yourself trying to petrify the enemies by yourself. Why add "petrify" at all if you just nerf the Dryad again? The current meta, MFR + Flame Aura is bad enough, but this? I'm so frustrated right now... Did I miss something?"

Part 2

"This just frustrates me really bad. And there wasn't even a changelog or anything to the maintenance they didn't even announce. The Dryad was the only reason I started playing this game... Having played a bit and seeing the meta, which has been there for months... Why not remove the Dryad entirely, that would save people a lot of frustration, since they had to look for another hero to play with. I would rather have her removed than seeing her nerfed into oblivion..."

I uninstalled the game after I noticed what happened. And I think I won't touch it again. I feel kinda backstabbed by this "update"/nerf...

• Like 2

I cannot find an "Edit" button so guess this goes into me making a double post. Everything I wrote above was about 10 minutes after the update. It was just bluntly copied from the steam discussion and I don't really fancy editing it anymore for told reasons above. Just for the people wondering why I'm saying things twice...

I find the complaints about the char specific mods going from poison to fire a tad odd. They are mods that you can remove...and replace with a poison servo, so nothing is lost except maybe the exact manner in which the elemental is delivered. In the end we gained more options than we lost with that change.

Agreed on Dryad targeting. Hornets and nimbus need reworking. Almost never use her defs anymore because of it.