Sign in to follow this  
ro8star82

Level 10 Mods

There has to be a better way to get the level 10 mods we need. The current system based on luck is so unfair. Iv been searching for multiple max anti mele/anti chaos servos for months and not found a single one. I’m fact Iv only got 1 level 9 of each. Iv spent hundreds of hours searching and rerolled about 400 times and not got any! Now considering I need one or the other on the majority of defences I use I’m very close to just chucking the game for good. It’s unbelievably frustrating and is sucking the fun out the game. Surely there must be a better way to obtain the mods u need, perhaps using the MANY garbage max mods I have sitting around. The recent update claims to have been defender-centric yet the one thing that haults every players progress remains unchanged. Please can you give me a glimmer of hope that this will be looked at soon? 

PS if anyone needs max skelly servos, Boar boom, or accumulator I’m ur man! 😉

It sounds like something you should report directly as a bug report, since you should never exceed 286 rerolls b4 getting level 10. 

Many have confirmed this feature on multuple platforms multiple times. 

Edited by hailminion
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Whaaaaat!? Does it have to be a level 9 mod u reroll 286 times? Iv used around 400 on an anti mele 8 and Iv not even got a 9 yet. 

No. 286 reroll protection is not mod specific, nor time specific, nor pre-roll quality/tier specific. 

So you can roll a different 1/10 mod every day, and on the 286 day, on the 286th roll, you should get a 10/10 regardless what it is. 

You can submit a report here "https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/postbug" I'm sure CG/TE keeps official record and can solve your problem. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No... you're guaranteed a 10 every 286 rolls

So it should literally be impossible to roll 400 times and get zero 10s

Also... don't reroll 9s... 9s are good so use them. If you roll a 9, keep it and grab another servo and continue rerolling that one.

It's also possible that you rejected a 10 roll without realizing it.

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone
  • Like 1

Ok thanks for the info guy, much appreciated. If I did reject a level 10 I think I might throw my PS4 out the window. 😩

I do agree with the principle behind the original post. That's a ridiculous number of rerolls when considering that it will only get you one. A problem with the system from my perspective is really that it's just so bleak to contemplate. It can lead to thought patterns like "Okay, so I eventually want to get 10/10 for every mod that I use. They're just too powerful and in some cases necessary to not do that. And for others it's just a nice bit of breathing room and flexibility to play with builds and react to mutators. So 3 mods per relic...per defense that I want to potentially use or at least have available in my arsenal... Uh maybe I'll only work on the mods in the gear of one hero... 286 rerolls per mod... tokens per drakenfrost map... No, that's too many zeros. Maybe I'll just play Spider-man instead."

I know I was elated to learn that I could buy specific shards with defender medals when I came back to the game after a year and change. The number of medals is kept high enough to really make you want to plan and consider it a serious purchase. Could we similarly see a system where we invest some amount of currency or material to simply increase a mod's level by 1? In this way there would be an alternative to praying that a chance on a chance eventually lands on the magic number for you after thousands of attempts. Like with the shards I can now think "Well I won't be able to buy any more specific shards until I do three or four more dailies, but at least I've made progress toward my desired build!" It's measurable and feels more controlled.

The sense of knowing that you got at least something for the time invested is good. Being left wondering if it mattered at all isn't quite so good.

143 Maps of drakenfrost for the re-roll tokens would take roughly 30 hours.  During that time, you should get:

3 "10" mods during gameplay

700 Pristine Motes

14.3 million gold

Take that 10 million (less a few million for re-rolls) and buy an anti-orc, or healthy damage chip (level 10 mod).

So, looking at it this way, every 30 hours you'll get a 10 mod of your choice, have 3 chances for 10's that might be good or bad (likely bad), and the gold to purchase a mid-level "10 Mod".

Seems pretty good to me.

• Sad 1

Also a thread that is 6+ months old, make sure to check dates and if the thread is 6 months or older it is time to make a new thread if it is desired to continue talking about the topic.

Is that a rule?

I'm guessing slade did a search and this popped up and if the older information is still relevant today, a reply to this original thread would be appropriate.

Slade's idea of currency/mod investment to upgrade a mod is good, i'm just not sure a good way to implement it.  Also, I think we need to consider what Chromatic would be capable of doing with the upcoming release of DDA.