Zimmermann

Returning player need help and tips!

Hi Defenders! 

I am a returning player just wanting to play casually after over a year break. Basically I have completely lost touch with the basics of the game, so am quite enjoying learning it again, however there are a few things I would really like help with.

1. What are the cookie cutter shards for defenses? (Is pure Defense power, ignoring crit viable?) I am running auras mostly, and using speed/range/defense power on my LSA and speed/range/water on my FA. I am paying close attention to my speed caps, and obviously would drop that shard if i could cap my speed without it, though not even sure how important speed is.
  2. When should i reset for Ancient Power? Currently just climbing onslaught to maximize my ascension levels before resetting at level 52 now. Do i Just keep climbing until I cant go any higher then reset? should I farm T8 relics first? Should I evolve my core shards first? Should I have a specific amount of gold/mats etc first? Am I over thinking this? XD
  3. What should I sell to other players? what are items everyone needs that sell fast and easy? currently vendoring everything and ignoring the market system as I literally have no idea how it works. Any good tutorial videos anyone knows about regarding this?
  4. What is the drop rate for T8 relic tokens like? Should I not expect to find any until nearing onslaught level 100? or am I due one already with reaching just level 56?

Will add further questions when I think of them.

Edited by Zimmermann

22 minutes ago, Zimmermann said:

Hi Defenders! 

I am a returning player just wanting to play casually after over a year break. Basically I have completely lost touch with the basics of the game, so am quite enjoying learning it again, however there are a few things I would really like help with.

1. What are the cookie cutter shards for defenses? (Is pure Defense power, ignoring crit viable?) I am running auras mostly, and using speed/range/defense power on my LSA and speed/range/water on my FA. I am paying close attention to my speed caps, and obviously would drop that shard if i could cap my speed without it, though not even sure how important speed is.
  2. When should i reset for Ancient Power? Currently just climbing onslaught to maximize my ascension levels before resetting at level 52 now. Do i Just keep climbing until I cant go any higher then reset? should I farm T8 relics first? Should I evolve my core shards first? Should I have a specific amount of gold/mats etc first? Am I over thinking this? XD
  3. What should I sell to other players? what are items everyone needs that sell fast and easy? currently vendoring everything and ignoring the market system as I literally have no idea how it works. Any good tutorial videos anyone knows about regarding this?

Will add further questions when I think of them.

1.The cookie shards for defense are whatever you'll need for your defense : for example : Flame aura is the meta right now (Defense rate(Chaos IV),destruction(Chaos I),deadly strikes(Chaos III) or vampiric empowerement(Chaos V)

To see what you'll need for build your defense,i'll invite you to watch Youtube videos of Juicebags . His videos are good for beginners who wish to have a good start,and build stuff .

2You resent ancient power after you push floors the highest you can go then you're stuck(arround floor 100+)

T8 relics are not required that much , use t8 only when you farmed enough mods(Mods are passive on relics,armors and weapons . They come with 10 quality level,the highest the better. the best combo is Tenacity 10/10 which protect your tower against stuns,freeze and debuff).

You should farm whatever you need,but never gild a shard if you don't have a minimum of 5 good towers+ to help you advance through floors . if you have only one tower and everything is guilded and you have nothing else,then you're gonna be so cooked :D . so get different defenses build then go do some gilding stuff . Gilding is more focused on end game unless you're rich)

3.Sell what people need the most like 10/10 mods,some epic pets,materials

if you're stuck you should ask for a price check before selling something .

Have fun and welcome back

thanks for your help buddy! 

if you have any idea on the T8 relic token drop rate I would love to know. Just wondering if I should expect one to drop any time already or should I not get my hopes up?

I assume you are referring you C8 amp? 

They start dropping after floor 35+, drop rate will cap and stay after floor 83+, supposedly, according to CG/TE.

Drop rate wise, I've found average drop rate is every 10-20 floors after 83+. When people wanna farm for c8, they would typically go between 85-88 for optimum & efficiency. 

Welcome back, always saw your name on the forums a while ago.

You have come back at a good time as this latest patch has made the game much less dependent on RNG  for getting shards with the shard shop.

i think a lot of defences are, or can be, useful now with the extra mods on relics.

There are only a few duffers now. Harpies perch for example doesn’t seem to do much damage now.

You can max out defense speed with a Defence Rate shard and a level 1 rate mod increasing criticals and  crowd control states. 

Don’t expect to see those c8 amps. I have seen one drop at low level but you can go for ages without seeing them. Until you have finished with ancient power you are best keeping them as c8 gear gets reset just like the rest of the items. 

You will get better results collecting or rerolling mods to high levels and you keep the mods when you reset, except they will be dropped to campaign level requiring upgrading if you want to use them on higher difficulties. 

Best results are with guilded shards which give a boost to stats. A guilded defense rate negates the need for a rate mod for max speed. Plus they don’t reset when activating ancient power. 

20 hours ago, Zimmermann said:

Hi Defenders!

1. When should i reset for Ancient Power? Currently just climbing onslaught to maximize my ascension levels before resetting at level 52 now. Do i Just keep climbing until I cant go any higher then reset? should I farm T8 relics first? Should I evolve my core shards first? Should I have a specific amount of gold/mats etc first? Am I over thinking this? XD

Honestly dont even think about Ancient Power. Forget that this is even in the game and enjoy the way it is. Climb as high in Onslaught as u can, farm ur shards together, finish Mastery Mode for the awesome Destructive Pylon and Automation shard and after that you can consider the AP reset.

When you reset, all your shards that arent gilded will be reset to 0, all gear (equipped and in storage/inventory) will be reset to campaign lvl and you will drop down to your current minimum ascension. If your reset to early, you will lose interest in the game quite fast, cause you might end up back at zero, but with enough preparation, you can actually go from peasant to demi god :P

Overall most people would recommend doing your resets after you managed to beat at least Onslaught F100-120 sou you will be at around 1000+ minimum ascension. Others recommend or try to climb to F273 for a minimum ascension level of 3060+ and a full ascension cap of 999 for defense power and so, which would net you a bonus of 19980 Defense Power for free on the skilled defense. This defense power bonus is higher than getting a c7 10/10 relic to c8 5/5!

So overall, take your time and enjoy the journey. No need to rush things

thanks alot guys. all this info is really helpful.

I think ill get that Automation shard + aim for 100-120 then reset. and forget about getting a T8 relic, seems T8 relics are a waste of time if you are resetting for ancient power (if im not mistaken).

the F273 firstly is not remotely realistic for me as I have no plans on building each lane independently or min maxing to the point where thats doable. In addition I dont even have or will ever have 3000+ ascension levels to make that kind of grinding worth while.

Starting with 1000 ascension sounds really nice even without being able to stack endless amounts of defense power into 1 defense. I dont really want to play with 1 hero for 1 defense. I would rather having 2+ defenses per hero just so I dont waste insane amounts of time switching heroes and then forgetting something and have to go through switching all over again etc. It would be way to clunky and frustrating for me heh.

Edited by Zimmermann

Hi Zimm!

Good to see you around again.

Are you still playing only the original 4? If so, Ballista is your friend with the new petrify status (pierce mod, earth mod, ballista bite) for reset grinds.

If you're looking to push floors, PDT + Earthshatter (with Shatterquake mod) is a heavy hitter with built-in CC.

Auras are best for clearing frosties. Gobu-boom is great on FA for Timmy's Revenge, Dreadbones, and Frosty Fodder. LSA power tapers off very quickly as a single-target tower against the insane volume of some lanes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ONuUAUofbdaav4GUVvWy69CLEatFalT73mGuhhLaXJg I find this spreadsheet super useful for theory crafting against mobs since it lists their types.

Good luck!

Edited by Little Magic Hat