Make the vendors useful in DDA. in dd2, they were pretty much useless cause everything they sold was low level, and they sold 99% green or lower items. why even have vendors if they are just going to sell trash?

• Like 4

The Tavernkeeper in DD1 was much better at selling items that were worthwhile for longer than the vendors in DD2. So i do think its possible to have a relevant vendor for DDA. I am certainly hoping they go for vendors selling attractive items rather than items that might only help for the first 10hr of play or so.

• Like 3

The reason Vendors in DD2 now sell nothing worthwhile was because when mods were released players were exploiting 10/10 mods from them all day long rather than playing the game. Chromatic put an end to it and they havent had anything since. When looking to place blame on bad vendors look towards your fellow players :)

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 7:13 PM, cirion0000 said:

So make them un-exploitable. No need to throw something out because of an exploit.

If you think it's so easy go code it yourself and make it a present to them, there's a lot to think about on how to make them un-exploitable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No need for the snarky comment.

I don't play DD2 so I can't comment on it and I don't even know how people are exploiting it. But I'd think it'd be as simple as making it not time-efficient to grind compared to actually playing the game. Play with the probabilities of actually seeing good lot, and making it so the stocks only refreshes after beating a map, or you can make it so the stock only sells good stuff if you beat a HARD map so people can't just repeatedly complete easy maps... many fairly simple ideas to implement. So, if you wanna buy good stuff you gotta EARN it - beat hard maps like NMHC CD, emerald city, CR, embermount... basically the stuff you can buy should match the difficulty of the content you can beat. And this way it provides an alternate way to get loot if RNG is always screwing you over. DD1 at least needs better ways to get ultimate armors after all... IMO

Edited by cirion0000
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 11:35 AM, cirion0000 said:

No need for the snarky comment.

I don't play DD2 so I can't comment on it and I don't even know how people are exploiting it. But I'd think it'd be as simple as making it not time-efficient to grind compared to actually playing the game. Play with the probabilities of actually seeing good lot, and making it so the stocks only refreshes after beating a map, or you can make it so the stock only sells good stuff if you beat a HARD map so people can't just repeatedly complete easy maps... many fairly simple ideas to implement. So, if you wanna buy good stuff you gotta EARN it - beat hard maps like NMHC CD, emerald city, CR, embermount... basically the stuff you can buy should match the difficulty of the content you can beat. And this way it provides an alternate way to get loot if RNG is always screwing you over. DD1 at least needs better ways to get ultimate armors after all... IMO

in a way, that sort of defeats the purpose of the shop though. why buy anything from the current level you can beat if you can get it by beating it? i feel like you should be able to buy anything as long as you have the gold for it. for example, if i were to grind out nightmare 1 and then some of nightmare 2, if i earned enough gold and could afford a nightmare 3 tier armor piece or weapon, i should be able to buy it. obviously it wouldn’t be cheap enough to the point where you could buy your whole way up the difficulties, unless they could somehow limit the purchases for higher rank items to once per day or week or something.

• Like 1

I've always found the vendors completely useless. On the rare occasion they had a piece that was an improvement it was a small gain for an insane price

• Like 2

I wish vendors only sold mostly legendary gear, at least once you beat the story mode. Getting low tier gear at vendors makes no sense to me. Waste of programming time IMO. Make it something we can't wait to check each day, or get rid of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I wish vendors only sold mostly legendary gear, at least once you beat the story mode. Getting low tier gear at vendors makes no sense to me. Waste of programming time IMO. Make it something we can't wait to check each day, or get rid of it. 

i agree. i feel like the shop should reset once per day or once every other day kinda like how Fortnite’s Costmetics store does but this can be for actual armor and weapons and only be purchased with gold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaws_420 said:

It seems to me that if you want more high quality items, and that any given piece of gear can be advanced to Legendary anyway, wouldn't it be better for vendor items to just have abnormally high stat rolls?

Or am I missing some mechanic of naturally spawned Legendary items?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caimen0 said:

It seems to me that if you want more high quality items, and that any given piece of gear can be advanced to Legendary anyway, wouldn't it be better for vendor items to just have abnormally high stat rolls?

Or am I missing some mechanic of naturally spawned Legendary items?

Upgrading to legendary is s DD2 mechanic, and i do not know if that will carry over to DDA. Also, by having anything less than legendary, you also then force the costs of the player up if/when they advance it, which just further discourages shop buys IMO. Why upgrade a low piece of gear if i can go get legendary c7 ones by the dozens after playing just a few stages? I wouldn't tolerate extra costs unless the item was soooooo worth it. 

That being said - you got to be careful in how you implement a gear system. If shops sell items with higher rolls, i would think that would only discourage grinding stages for inferior gear. There needs to be a balance between the shops, stage drops, and natural progression. Thay should also keep in mind that most hardcore players will spend the VAST majority of their DDA time most likely in the endgame, so that shop system needs to be just as useful to that demographic. 

Edited by Jaws_420

2 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

That being said - you got to be careful in how you implement a gear system. If shops sell items with higher rolls, i would think that would only discourage grinding stages for inferior gear. There needs to be a balance between the shops, stage drops, and natural progression. Thay should also keep in mind that most hardcore players will spend the VAST majority of their DDA most likely in the endgame, so that shop system needs to be just as useful to that demographic. 

that’s kinda why they should limit  it to one purchase per day or make it expensive enough where it wouldnt be worth buying multiple things 

• Like 1