Sign in to follow this  
Neoneo

First time Ancient power :-(

So I tried ancient power after floor 42 on onslaught, just cause I couldn’t do it alone or probably didn’t have the proper gear. But to receive 1 point for a tiny percentage is made me cry, cry mentally of course I’m not sure what other players did after first time but that’s what I did. Now I’m just working to C2 again, with full of rage. But at least the game developer could’ve thrown a little better deal than 1 small fraction point to encourage me to do it again. So my suggestion to anyone reading this don’t do it. Stay away from that green alien, don’t be curious of what is ancient power, Don’t visit that place, don’t click on ancient power. That’s just me, but don’t say I didn’t warn you.

• Like 1

There isn’t much info about it before taking the leap. I had to research from the web and YouTube before doing so.

Ancient power certainly takes a lot of time for the rewards to become apparent.

Get straight back on to onslaught, its the quickest way back to chaos 7 as the gear drop power is based off the floor number and not your current highest hero power. 

Floor 23/24 gets you a hero power to create/join chaos 7.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My first reset was really painful too.

My minimum ascension was too low (far under the minimum 250 required to reset), and the reward small.

Actually, doing one reset isn't worth it. You have to do a lot of them, farming shards and mod in the process. And saving your mats as much as possible. And not using the c8 amps.

The reset mechanism could (and should) be a lot better and rewarding....

Edited by Ryzours
  • Like 3

Resetting once or twice is painful but resetting more times increases your benefits. You get a lot more Gold and Exp bonuses if you keep resetting which is a blessing.

The best advice I can give you is before you reset, you should save up gold (8-10 Million Gold), focus on one Hero and Glide your shards for your hero and your main defence. 

• Like 1

My first reset wasn't bad because I knew what I was getting into. I got to around floor 60 then chain resets 10 times. I then progressed to floor 103 then reset again. This is where I'm currently at, working on my next 10. I decided up front to mix it up between A.P. resets, a little progression (30 or so floor push before next series of resets), a little Mastery, and rinse and repeat. This will break up the monotony of doing any one thing until your eyes bleed. It takes around 6-8 hours of game play for 1 A.P.

The trick I used is to pick 2 relics and get them to C7 and go to work. Don't worry about anything else since you're just going to reset. My first 10 resets were Weapon Mans. and Earth Shatters. This time around I'm using Weapon Mans. and Flame Auras. Now with the petrify combo we can use a campaign level PDT and say Proton with earth and produce petrify. The trick is to find what works best for you, will keep your interest and won't make your eyes bleed.../gameon.

• Like 3

Yup, painful first time and I rage quit for a few months over my own stupidity (I knew full well that I'd lose all my items and pet levels, but still did it).

• Like 3

I am 1800 hours into the game and havent done ancient power once.

I have 4-6 Chaos 8 amps, 8000 Chaos 7 amps and hundreds of mats. 
21 mil gold and about 6-7 gilded shards

I cannot even trade my items because i upgraded them (like everyone else does before they reset).

If I upgrade any items to C8 it will cost million and millions, and if you upgrade the item after you make it C8, it will cost 10-20 million

• Like 1

god the amount of resources i keep losing to bugs.

Everytime i lodge a support ticket i dont get a reply

My friend crashed his car, 'cuz he tried to drive on road with not enuf practice under his belt. Afterwards, he warned everyone to stay away from cars, they are just bad stuff that hurt you. 

many many newbies make the same error and basicly quit the game, CG doesnt do a good job of telling you what u truly lose, lucky i was prepare for my 1st reset.  discord FTW

I would say one word - GREED. Greed for newbies:)

Well even Chromatic puts a BIG RED window saying - are you really sure you want to reset everything to zero for 1 small point of ancient power? The player: YEEEES:)

I agree that for newbies there is not enough info in game about consequences of ancient power reset in total. They do not understand what is it. I would put there small tutorial which player must complete before able to do first AP. That can help hopefully.

Anyway not enough reading - not watching materials, guides - there are plenty of them on youtube, forum,  leads to this.

Information guys:) information - use google and keyboard - DD2 what is ancient power - first video from mr juicebags describes it.