Sign in to follow this  
Jabberwock

I've gotten 41 drain auras and no levels 5s [RESOLVED]

on my quest for every level of drain aura at every chaos level I have gotten a very large amount of drain auras, I've gotten multiple level 10s as well as 9s and have over seven 7s, my 1s 2s and 3s take up around half of the drain aura space, but in all my time of drain aura farming and buying them I have not gotten a single level 5 drain aura, has anyone else had this problem? I know that since drain aura is meta it's a probably a really big issue so if anyone would be willing to sell me one then that would help (but I doubt anyone has actually gotten a level 5)
image of bank vault attached below

Screenshot (523).png

• Like 1

actually that's only 40 because I didn't have the 41st in when I took that
EDIT: just got my 42nd, still not a 5

Edited by Jabberwock

Although not confirmed, we  can speculate the drop rate resemble what we see from rerolls. It's very normal to have 100 rolls w/o 5+, 200 w/o 8+. 

A personal example to share, for a week I ran a test of getting 350+ Frostfire mod, the highest I got was 8/10. So if there was anything I concluded from that, is even if drop rate resemble rerolls, there is not bad luck protection in drop, as far as specific mods go. At your case, you are still pretty far from even meeting to reroll rate. 

2 hours ago, hailminion said:

Although not confirmed, we  can speculate the drop rate resemble what we see from rerolls. It's very normal to have 100 rolls w/o 5+, 200 w/o 8+. 

A personal example to share, for a week I ran a test of getting 350+ Frostfire mod, the highest I got was 8/10. So if there was anything I concluded from that, is even if drop rate resemble rerolls, there is not bad luck protection in drop, as far as specific mods go. At your case, you are still pretty far from even meeting to reroll rate. 

What are you on about?  He's wanting 5 not 10, he's had 10, 7 and other rolls.

Possible RNGesus? I'm gonna look out for 5/10 on any mod because I'm not sure I have any! 

Why Drain Aura? It only does the damage 1/s...

Not getting a 5 is just bad luck. Keep at it, or maybe test the waters with some rerolls (5/10 is pretty common).

Though I do feel the need to ask, why Drain Aura? It's not "meta" at all. It's about as far from the meta as you can get. It does low preset damage once per second, which cannot in any way make up for the loss of DP boost from using a better mod. I can at least keep an eye out for a 5 on your behalf, though that is dependent on which platform you play on.

10 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Derp LOL, I gota read more carefully next time. Skim through too fast and only picked up info I thought I needed to respond. Thx for pointing out

Edited by hailminion

I have great news everyone, my friend Adam was able to buy a level 5 drain aura so my collection is complete (the price was completely reasonable FYI). it had some useless mod attached to it but that shouldn't devalue it at all20190420201210_1.thumb.jpg.5a60808d9da5ab3dc20f3bf5c293db68.jpg

18 hours ago, Little Magic Hat said:

Possible RNGesus? I'm gonna look out for 5/10 on any mod because I'm not sure I have any! 

Why Drain Aura? It only does the damage 1/s...

15 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

Not getting a 5 is just bad luck. Keep at it, or maybe test the waters with some rerolls (5/10 is pretty common).

Though I do feel the need to ask, why Drain Aura? It's not "meta" at all. It's about as far from the meta as you can get. It does low preset damage once per second, which cannot in any way make up for the loss of DP boost from using a better mod. I can at least keep an eye out for a 5 on your behalf, though that is dependent on which platform you play on.

I chose drain aura because it's the best mod in the game 
in all seriousness I chose it because it's one of the worst mods in the game and I happened to get a level 10 in a shop so I decided "why not" at this point I have spent at least 10m on drain auras even going so far as to spend 2m for a level 3 (totally worth it) originally I never planned for it to go so far but honestly this is MY meme

• Like 2

Just now, Jabberwock said:

I have great news everyone, my friend Adam was able to buy a level 5 drain aura so my collection is complete (the price was completely reasonable FYI). it had some useless mod attached to it but that shouldn't devalue it at all20190420201210_1.thumb.jpg.5a60808d9da5ab3dc20f3bf5c293db68.jpg

I chose drain aura because it's the best mod in the game 
in all seriousness I chose it because it's one of the worst mods in the game and I happened to get a level 10 in a shop so I decided "why not" at this point I have spent at least 10m on drain auras even going so far as to spend 2m for a level 3 (totally worth it) originally I never planned for it to go so far but honestly this is MY meme

<3

• Like 1