Sign in to follow this  
Slatarou

Mastery Help

Posted (edited)

Can someone help me complete mastery, no one ever does mastery on PC, so i have no one to join, and always fail on the final wave because I can't fight in 2 lanes at once. If I can find someone to organise a time so we can help each other do mastery, that will really help.

Edited by Slatarou

I don't have the towers leveled to C7 to help right now; Mastery is one of those things that once completed there is no need to go back.  I was able to solo every single mastery mission and you can too with a few pointers to help your journey:

1. have at least 3 different good walls and a hero that can solo a lane (I used barb mostly) in case there are 4 lanes for the mission.

2. farm for good shards (Gilded not needed but helpful) and mods (shoot for at least 6/10 if possible) on at least 10 towers, 3 traps (bees are a trap), 3 nodes, 3 aura, and the 3 walls mentioned in #1.

3. expect the 30 second timed missions to take a few tries (maybe up to 5 tries) to get down.

4. if struggling on a particular mission take a break for a bit and farm for better mods or shards to break it up, this will only help future mastery attempts.

5. I took a lot of notes on best tower builds while doing mastery and had to figure the defense unit costs prior to a build to finish a few of the missions.

6. have fun!  The challenge of mastery I really enjoyed and wish I could do it again if the hyper shards dropped again with doing it again!!

Good Luck, build well,

Ramshead

I have around 280 stars and i'm on c3 masteries and I play on the PC, so, yeah don't say 'no one ever does mastery on PC' ; look me up if you want to tag along.

Posted (edited)

On a map with 2 boss lanes that is giving you trouble, use slows/stuns on one lane to buy time, then focus on the other lane... EV2 weapon mans, proton beams, apprentices earthshatter tower with earth toss for some of them, petrify combos, anything to delay that lane while you deal with the other.

In general, Mastery isn't something you have to rush to do. It's nice to have the hyper shards,  but I would get Chaos 7 on farm, progress through Onslaught for a bit, then take a break and work on Mastery once you have more defense options and more experience. It's mostly just about having a lot of options, and playing for a while will give you the gear and hero's to have them. I wouldn't worry about Mastery until you have 10 different defenses and enough defenses to beat maps with only towers, only nodes, or only aura's. When you can do that, about half the Mastery maps are just going to be a matter of having the right options and you can beat them. Then there's the 30 second build time maps which god help you if you're a solo console player, but otherwise should be doable, and after that you can worry about grinding out the problem maps for you.

Edited by BlueConfusedMage