Sign in to follow this  
GinjaBear

Name your favorite 'go to' meal when in a rush

I'm a very big fan of pbj and a tall glass of milk. Or bagel and cream cheese is really good also.

If I'm in a rush, a quick stir fry is my go to. Soba noodles only take a few seconds to make, since they tend to come pre cooked. Toss some veggies in a pan (a quick stir fry doesn't need meat, but if you have it handy, add that, too), add some garlic and ginger (I keep the paste handy, it comes in little tubes that last for ages), heat your noodles, add them in when the veggies are mostly cooked, add sauce, cook for a minute or so, and boom, 5 minutes of work for a decent meal. You can customize the sauce based on your mood, too, so it's different every time. Want something sweet? Use Teriyaki. Want spicy? Use Sriracha. Want something plain but still tasty? Just use soy sauce.

I'm a trucker so my food needs to hold well, i'm also extremely cheap. That said, peanuts hold forever, can easily deliver a ton of calories, are very cheap, and go well with lots of things, so it's almost always peanuts + some other easy thing when i'm on the road.