Sign in to follow this  
atharix

Lost temple lag testing PC - EU server

Posted (edited)

Hi I know there has been many players suffering from that. There is also vote how many people so we will know.

So I did some testing today and here are results:

1. Its issue only on EU - when i switch to US i have no lags like that - i tried US east and US west same setup same map = and i got only little lags - still much smaller then in EU.

2. The detail level, any processing any setup i did , did not changed the lags - so not related to players details setup - i tried lowest, and turn off everything, i tried medium and high, post processing, different setup - no impact.

3. It seems that omega wave - does not have the big spikes there - only small , seems pretty ok for last wave.  Even its not smooth as other maps.

4. It seems it changes each waves - sometimes lags are unplayable, sometimes its a little bit better. The less enemies on map - less laggy.

5. More players in group - more lags. I tried 2 players and 3 - both unplayable - solo is laggy but with 3 people is literally teleporting.

6. This issue is not related to hw of pc - i bought new pc 2 months ago - which surpass even recommended hw for DD2 and other maps are going very smoothly.

7. I tried also setup with different equipment - i removed hero with remnants tried different combinations - still the same.

The result:

Results are clear EU server has big lag issue even on solo games. It looks its related to server performance - as less players on server = less lags with same monsters. It does not even seems to be lane related - same lags with different lanes.

What reduce the lags?

If you have lags on onslaught lost temple 150+ - just switch to US and you will have less laggy game. That i tested only solo.

Also i discovered that in the night when there are not many players in the session - I tested at 9:00 PM, 10PM, 11PM and 12PM the lags are much less, now at 0:17 AM its pretty ok.

Also try to switch to US server play a map fast - loose, and try switch back to EU. This helped me too, not sure why maybe luck.

I hope this will help you guys - Chromatic - i hope you will address this.

Thanks

Edited by atharix
  • Like 1