Sign in to follow this  
hailminion

Anticipation for backer rewards timeline

Posted (edited)

I don't think the rewards will come sooner than in two months. I have pulled together a few official resources from CG to make this speculation. see below.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/chromaticgames/dungeon-defenders-awakened/posts/2476641

The above link is the update from 2019/04/10. paraphrasing they "are working on methods, for those who still want to pledge or up their pledge, and to provide paypal methods etc". 

Depending on how long they want the above "Second Kickstarter" to last, we should not expect any rewards before that (reason below)

I don't think they will distribute rewards separately for "First Kickstarter", because, "working on getting an additional store up where backers can add-on to their initial backing", distributing rewards in two separate rounds will make this action useless, since they don't know which pledgers may up their pledges)

https://discordapp.com/channels/530758178783363074/530758179492069388

above link is a statement CG is still working on figuring out surveys, backer info, pledge, rewards and such, approx a week after "First KS" ended, and we have not heard any official response whether those are all sorted out, so I'm making a bold assumption, it will take an additional 2 weeks for them to sort out all those after the "Second KS" ends. 

https://discordapp.com/channels/530758178783363074/530758179492069388
above link is a statement for period of sending out surveys. From past experiences, registered-for-news players had about 3 - 5 days difference from receiving the free gems couple months ago, I speculate, sending info to more than 10k players, should take one week.

TL, DR version: getting Second Kickstarter ready (2 weeks); 2nd KS duration (2-4 weeks); sort out 10k-20k pledger info (2 weeks+); send out rewards that doesn't require survey (1 week); (additional 2 wk+ for rewards requiring surveys)  ---------- total: 2 + (2~4) + 2 + 1 (+2) = 7~11 weeks from this post. 

Comment down below if you think differently somewhere, or you have some inside news we don't know, I will update the post accordingly. 

Edited by hailminion

I think it also depends on what they decide to offer on this "backer store".  The options with keys for DD1 were limited and as far as I am aware these offers are closed entirely those at least should be dealt with as a priority. The store may include things like extra beta keys, t-shirts, extra copies of game etc. as extras anyone can buy regardless of initial kickstarter rewards. i am glad they are giving people a way to support them who do not have a credit/debit card or who just wish to use paypal, but if they leave those who have already parted with money for weeks without any digital rewards they paid for (dd1 and dd2) they wont be willing to spend any more.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

I think it also depends on what they decide to offer on this "backer store".  

I think we diverse right at the beginning. At first, I as well thought this was the "backer store" they promised for backers. However, I do not think this is the case, as original pledgers can up their pledges, and people who have not pledged, can also still pledge in this "store" in different ways. I see this as a continuation of "the 1st KS", and thus called it "the 2nd KS".

Noted they call the people for this upcoming event as "potential backers "

I think "backer store" will come, but this is not it, and it will be available for this second round of backers as well. 

Edited by hailminion

Posted (edited)

hmm perhaps, I'm not sure they know exactly. Originally they were thinking of giving exisiting backers a way to buy stuff like extra keys closer to release, but I feel they soon realised many people were not able to use kickstarter or perhaps just able to give more money now than then. Either way this new store they want to found will be a way for everyone who wish to contribute can until perhaps  a month before release.  I dont see it as you do like an extra month of kickstarter, but perhaps I just misunderstand their intentions. I just hope those people who are waiting for digital goods which they could receive now are not left waiting until June or July weeks after spending money. I personally am in no rush for my rewards, but i totally understand the frustration from those keen to try DD1 and stuck with a demo for the meantime.

Edited by dizzydiana

From their responses, it seems that Chromatic Games wants to be as inclusive as possible and allow anyone who wishes to support them a way to do so. They seem very  open to differing ideas on to how to achieve this. This what makes me feel that the store once founded may stay open until closer to full release to allow anyone to support them any way they can. They could even extend this to allowing players to continue buying physical items like posters for a higher price after full release which will enable them to continue developing DDA and work towards DD3. I would be fully onboard with some sort of permanent store for more luxury items like posters t-shirts mugs etc. As a small team not relying on micro transactions it would be good for them to consider other methods to gain revenue after full release.

• Like 1

You are over looking a detail that they are creating this store for them, not through KS. They could very easily include a bunch of required information on "checkout" that includes names, addresses, ingame names, etc etc whatever is need to skip the whole process of contacting you afterwards. Also I think Dizzy is very right, having people wait would be bad. 

I think this is reading too far into things either way, just sit back and enjoy playing the games and watch how things go. Why try to predict things when you have no background information of what the company is actually doing.

I hope the rewards are not ro far put would like to gwt some dd1 game time in before dda comes

To be honest there is very little reason to drag out dd1 keys or the dd2 skin. They had a month from the start of the kickstarter to the end to get a system figured out. I assumed it would be a week or so from the end of it to the time surveys were being wrapped up. Turns out it took a week for them to post a message at all that really didn't say a lot. They never even updated the goal graphic to show 450k.

90% of why I backed was to get the dd1 keys for friends that really wanted to play. I am still not convinced this won't be another dde. Very slow updates, no progress on surveys with no time line, a focus on getting more money instead of rewarding the ones who already paid, etc etc makes me super nervous. I have a hard time buying that they can turn a few gifs into a full game by October. Have they shown a map being run at all? Even deeper well with only squire towers would be something.

This entire thing has left me a bit annoyed with them. They got 450k and didn't even post anything to kickstarter for a week and now the digital codes are up in the air till who knows when.

I back a lot of Kickstarter campaigns. CG is well within a nominal time frame at the speed at which they are communicating and turning things out thus far. No one was ever promised codes immediately after the campaign end. Be patient, it will happen. 

Keep in mind dates provided on Kickstarter are goals, not legal binding commitments. I have one project that is over 6 months past their delivery date and counting. So i recommend trying being a bit more supportive of CG hitting their goals, and a little less demanding. Just sayin...

Posted (edited)

I'm not usually a fan of the 'these other people didn't do so hot, so now it's fine if someone else does the same' logic

Edited by Crombell

Cheomatic also didnt give us a date the minor backer rewards would be given out. Anything before oct 2019 is good. Do i hope its more like mid-late april 2019? Sure i want my dd1 copy since ive lost my first steam account some how. Am i pushing them to give before they are due? No

so! so far my prediction has been correct! (I'm just so good at this :v)

Message below indicates, until "additional ways for backers to modify their tiers" is achieved, they "cannot get the surveys sent out". 

5 - 9 more weeks until we get the rewards. (refer to original post for the prediction reasoning)

image.thumb.png.18f48b42c5956fce68d944a55662cbd6.png

@dizzydiana I think this is a confirmation that, this upcoming store, is a "2nd KS", not the backerstore. 

2 more weeks have past.

Now we down to 3-7 weeks until we get the rewards. Wonder if this actually turns out right. :)

Sign in to follow this