Will the story still just focus around the main 4 heroes? If we get the newly added ones will they be included in some way in the story? Kinda never understood why no one else was ever mentioned.

People have asked a bunch of times, but they're keeping a tight lid on it for now. Though I'd be surprised if they don't have at least a couple extra characters on launch.

If they do shouldnt they be included in the story. Thats what im getting at

Posted (edited)

Dont want to be the party cracker but i am almost shure that at launch only the 4 main heroes will be awailable, since we did not reach the "riftwalker" milestone wich in my opinion was not a name for a new char more likely stood for the dryad, gunwitch , Lavamancer and abysslord.

You know the main heroes jumped through a rift of time to get to the past, well just my opinion maby it was for a / a few new heroes.

But at least the "Riftwalker" will reach DDA later on so we will see if its a new hero ore the new heroes from dd2.

Edited by WarSlammer

The DD franchise has always been built on the main 4 heroes and I am not sure what hero if any should be added in the main story other than maybe meeting their parents in some way. Any other heroes could have a little quest or something, but not in the actual campaign imo.

11 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

The DD franchise has always been built on the main 4 heroes and I am not sure what hero if any should be added in the main story other than maybe meeting their parents in some way. Any other heroes could have a little quest or something, but not in the actual campaign imo.

My point is it would be silly if for some reason the game launched with another hero and they werent included. Then you could beat the game solely without a chara ter in the story

After 2 games with 100% of the story on only the first 4 heroes...im ready to see that expand. Love to see some cut scenes that work new heroes in. Feel more connected to them as well this way. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

After 2 games with 100% of the story on only the first 4 heroes...im ready to see that expand. Love to see some cut scenes that work new heroes in. Feel more connected to them as well this way. 

Yeah, it would be great to have them develop beyond just a quick blurb from the narrator. And a few of them, like the Gunwitch, would fit right in with the rest of them, I think. 

• Like 1

Would love focus on other characters - just some story to how and why they came to becoming a defender. A good example of focusing on individual characters for story, is the Overwatch cinematic videos released randomly - I don't play it really, but love these videos!

• Like 1