fester420

Mario themed content for switch would be nice

I was just thinking about how awesome it would be to have Mario themed content on the switch version, here’s my idea:

Skins:

Squire:Mario

Apprentice:Luigi

Huntress:Peach

Monk:Toad

Have a custom map that takes place in Mushroom Kingdom and all the enemy skins are replaced with Goombas, Koopas, Piranha Plants, Bullet Bills, etc. with the final boss being Bowser.

I know this will never happen but I can’t help but want to share my dream.

• Haha 1

I hope they don't provide anything beyond cosmetics exclusively to one platform

Beyond that, I have no strong positive or negative feelings about this

Mario for all, not just one platform! Never happen, but it would be amazing if it did. 

Arby's crossover anytime soon?

Posted (edited)

Would love for this to happen. In regards to Cross saves, you could just not play that save on another console/pc OR have a warning that says you will lose the following content etc.

Either way I think this could be done, as DLC won't be entirely cross save friendly (if you are missing DLC on another machine)- so surely this could be done. 

Edited by dcex1

5 hours ago, dcex1 said:

Would love for this to happen. In regards to Cross saves, you could just not play that save on another console/pc OR have a warning that says you will lose the following content etc.

Either way I think this could be done, as DLC won't be entirely cross save friendly (if you are missing DLC on another machine)- so surely this could be done. 

please no exclusive anything. all content should be on all platforms. no one should get extra content just because. we all want all content released for the game

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2019 at 3:27 AM, Thorgonator said:

Would be cool, but I doubt it'll happen. Might cause issues with cross saves.

Rocket League handles this just fine. But the platform specific skins are only visible to users of that platform. Others just see something generic.

Although I understand the desire for specific content on one platform, I have to respectfully disagree with it being added. Just looking at how upset players were over the shark pet exclusive for the Xbox for DD2 or further back where PS4 players were still able to buy skins not available on PC just shows how the community would react. As I am not familiar with rocket league or other similar games I am not sure how platform specific content would work if CG manages to get cross-play as well as cross saves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/1/2019 at 9:13 AM, dizzydiana said:

Although I understand the desire for specific content on one platform, I have to respectfully disagree with it being added. Just looking at how upset players were over the shark pet exclusive for the Xbox for DD2 or further back where PS4 players were still able to buy skins not available on PC just shows how the community would react. As I am not familiar with rocket league or other similar games I am not sure how platform specific content would work if CG manages to get cross-play as well as cross saves.

Ahhhhhh SHARK PET!!!!! 😥 😥 😥