Sign in to follow this  
Anitbus

DD1 Monk Auras

I know they changed the way you see monk auras in DD2 but I really missed seeing those bubbles everywhere. Yes end game they got so damn huge. Though you had to admit seeing that bubble you knew you were in good hands. 

• Like 3

From one little clip I saw in a DDA promo it seems we will be seeing bubbles for auras but redesigned to give a slightly plasticly look similar to how shield geodes appear in DD2. I really hope they stick to that model, but I understand when designing for consoles like the switch it might be less taxing on the device to use the models from DD2. I am more invested on being able to see the range of towers easily like in DD2 you could press a button to highlight the range of your towers. In DD1 once you place towers other than auras you could not easily tell if your range was in fact reaching the area you needed them to.

They are doing this in unreal engine 4 and have stated they want to have different levels of graphics. Id imagine we might get a bit of both.

1 hour ago, dizzydiana said:

From one little clip I saw in a DDA promo it seems we will be seeing bubbles for auras but redesigned to give a slightly plasticly look similar to how shield geodes appear in DD2. I really hope they stick to that model, but I understand when designing for consoles like the switch it might be less taxing on the device to use the models from DD2. I am more invested on being able to see the range of towers easily like in DD2 you could press a button to highlight the range of your towers. In DD1 once you place towers other than auras you could not easily tell if your range was in fact reaching the area you needed them to.

Oh don't suppose you have a link to that?

To the best of my knowledge we'll be seeing bubbles again. Which is good, for more than just visual appeal, it seems like it'll also be handy for figuring out whether or not your aura has enough range to affect passing air lanes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vosh said:

They are doing this in unreal engine 4 and have stated they want to have different levels of graphics. Id imagine we might get a bit of both.

I for one would love a toggle option for that just more customisation but small indie company am I right? ;)

Posted (edited)

I did like the aura they showed off in the video short. A lot more visible and easy on the eyes.

Edited by Frogkiller
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this