Jump to content
dcex1

Idea: Daily and weekly challenges!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I'd really love to see some form of daily and weekly (maybe even monthly!!) challenges in the game.

So these would be almost like randomly generated challenges (that importantly vary!) - but daily's would be easier, and weekly far more difficult to achieve. 

For example, some daily challenges could vary from killing a certain number of specific enemies to completing certain maps on certain difficulties etc.

Rewards could vary from the in game currency, xp, items, other in-game content etc. :classic_biggrin:

 

Reason why I thought of this was because I was looking back at Halo Reach, and I loved the daily/weekly challenges in that game, was another reward level that would keep me grinding the multiplayer. 

Thanks for listening :apprentice_small:

What do you guys think?

Edited by dcex1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Depends 100% on the reward imo. Dd2 felt so necessary to do dailies because the rewards were so important. It was the only way to realistically unlock new heroes.

 

The other problem that i had with dd2 dailies were they were "play x map type" while the end game had a random map selection. If i can choose my map at the end game then it doesnt really matted what level i can play.

 

Im hoping if dd:a has dailies make it for an amount of currency that doesnt overshadow every other way to make money.

Im fine with weekly/monthlys changing how i have to play (could be kkill 25 ogres with a squire or what ever they choose but as someone who might play 30-60 minutes a day doing nothing but daily levels gets boring.

Edited by vosh
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a hard pass from me. 

Dailies don't belong in MTX-less B2P games with a heavy focus on large amounts of grinding. Especially when they're generic and add exactly nothing to the game.

Maybe a weekly/monthly challenge system like OMD:U had could be interesting because it actually offered a genuine "challenge", much like DD1's challenge maps, instead of just throwing rewards at people for doing something generic that they were going to do anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

Maybe a weekly/monthly challenge system 

Thinking off of what you said, they could have weekly featured challenges. Every week a different challenge is highlighted and that challenge could give double the reward or maybe just a chance for double so it doesn't seem too ridiculous. Alternately, maybe some kind of separate bonus reward you normally wouldn't get from that challenge or a different cosmetic version of the normal rewaed. It might be a good way to get people to try different challenges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yup, I'll always support dailies, even in a paid title. So long as they are a bonus and not the only feasible way to obtain certain content. But it's a great way to encourage people to switch up their playstyle or try a map they wouldn't otherwise. And the players who don't want to do dailies shouldn't suffer by having the dailies be a nearly mandatory part of grinding.

Edited by Thorgonator
Typo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly?
DD is about grinding all the time.
I don't really know if daily missions would suit this game.

Depends on the rewards, but I guess that wouldn't be a DD feature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dailes. Weekly. Monthly. Trophies. Grind grind  grind. We who love this kind of game, will most likely be playing DDA all the live long day. The more reasons and ways they can give us to enjoy this game, than i say - all the better.  I'd rather have too much too do than play the same thing 10 times in a row. I want to be overwhelmed by the pure volume of content of things to do. So many, that a casual player isn't likely to do all of it in one sitting. Throw the kitchen sink at us. We're all dying to see what CG comes up with. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they are kept really simple like defeat x amount of y enemy, use at least 12 different towers in a map etc. With this game being a Full release and not F2P I dont think there is any real need for special tasks to give extra currency as nothing will be locked behind a paywall except for any dlcs which would be separate anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Daily challenges can be fun, but if its implemented, it would be nice if it isn't implemented in a way that forces players to play in a specific way.   In other words, something along the lines of "beat X map y number of times" is less appealing compared to something along the lines of "kill X enemies Y number of times".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly for DDA I would rather not have dailies/weeklies/monthlies regardless of the rewards or how they're implemented.

This is just the opinion of one person but I don't like dailies or whatever in any game. It turns too much into a chore to complete or it becomes something that's useless to do. Much rather have a solid game to play.

I do like exclusive stuff in a season for example but I feel like that's different from dailies/weeklies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 4/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, vosh said:

Depends 100% on the reward imo. Dd2 felt so necessary to do dailies because the rewards were so important. It was the only way to realistically unlock new heroes.

 

The other problem that i had with dd2 dailies were they were "play x map type" while the end game had a random map selection. If i can choose my map at the end game then it doesnt really matted what level i can play.

 

Im hoping if dd:a has dailies make it for an amount of currency that doesnt overshadow every other way to make money.

Im fine with weekly/monthlys changing how i have to play (could be kkill 25 ogres with a squire or what ever they choose but as someone who might play 30-60 minutes a day doing nothing but daily levels gets boring.

Yeah, tbh I agree with you and everyone saying shouldn't be forcing you to do things you don't want to do. 

What I meant was more like kills etc. 

Also, it shouldn't feel like a necessary grid to getting more content or rewards etc. Just simple and straight forward objectives.

 

Good to hear everyones opinion though, so thank you!

Can't wait to see the progression on DD:A :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dailies are probably too much -- both in terms of putting pressure on the player base in logging in and pressure on the developers to design stuff.  Weeklies are doable.  You could also have some overarching monthly community goals where everyone playing contributes to unlocking them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Metro said:

Dailies are probably too much -- both in terms of putting pressure on the player base in logging in and pressure on the developers to design stuff.  Weeklies are doable.  You could also have some overarching monthly community goals where everyone playing contributes to unlocking them.

I love the sound of a community monthly goal! I understand where you’re coming from with the effort required and pressure. However, I dont think anything big or demanding would be under the dailies, simply somin simple like:

N number of ACTION on ENEMY.

And small variations of this would be cool. But I think a grander weekly and/or monthly is a great idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of monthly community goals. Maybe requireing atleast participate in the given goal for the month. They could even do a progressive reward like a check list of 10 things that would be difficult and take a large part of the community to complete

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2019 at 1:40 PM, dcex1 said:

I love the sound of a community monthly goal! I understand where you’re coming from with the effort required and pressure. However, I dont think anything big or demanding would be under the dailies, simply somin simple like:

N number of ACTION on ENEMY.

And small variations of this would be cool. But I think a grander weekly and/or monthly is a great idea!

Not necessarily demanding time-wise, it's that people would feel pressure to log in on a daily basis.  Not a huge issue, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one is required to do these tasks. If it does not appeal to you, skip them. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaws_420 said:

No one is required to do these tasks. If it does not appeal to you, skip them. 

Thats fine as long as they are like early wow dailies compared to dd2. Early wow there was plenty of good ways to farm gold. Dd2 you only had daily and weekly quests to get medals in a practical sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldn't mind them if they weren't a worthless timesink and didn't give unfair advantages to people who prefer not to.   it would be better if they fit into the mold of the grind that's already there.  the further in a game you get, the dailies tend to become worthless and annoying. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Izzy03 said:

it would be better if they fit into the mold of the grind that's already there.  the further in a game you get, the dailies tend to become worthless and annoying. 

I think u can choose whatever tier you want to, to complete daily, like if farming shard, u can choose that tier for the map, and if you are doing onslaught, more than likely you'll complete that in a 3-day period.

Tbh and sincere, when something becomes worthless and annoying, just stop doing it. After I got a few defense rates for my essential defenses, I just didn't think farming was worth it anymore and became annoying, so I had only farmed twice in my entire DD2 life. At the end of the day, just try to have fun.

I know some love the dailies, giving em something useful early stage, and can play easier content to complete when busy. No need to take away others' fun when we can have fun around it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Izzy03 said:

i wouldn't mind them if they weren't a worthless timesink and didn't give unfair advantages to people who prefer not to.   it would be better if they fit into the mold of the grind that's already there.  the further in a game you get, the dailies tend to become worthless and annoying. 

I guess i am confused about the argument being made here. Maybe you are speaking about something else, but for DD2 this seems way off to me.

Dailies provide extra rewards for levels you are already playing anyways, and you still get all the level rewards as well - so definitely not worthless, especially for a currency you can use to buy top end weapons with, do all tinkering, and get rare pets. 

Anyone and everyone can do them, and most challenges are made for lower difficulties so newer players can do them, so i am not seeing how they are unfair.

Dailies ask you to do things already in the game, so how can they better fit in the game mold than that?

I have been playing DD2 for over a year and a half, and the dailies are still worth doing, every day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

I have been playing DD2 for over a year and a half, and the dailies are still worth doing, every day. 

Thats my biggest issue with dd2 daily. They are ao overwhelmingly good on rewards you either do them or miss out on otherwise unobtainable currency (in a practical sense). Early today i did a few c1 after a reset to clear a few dailys when i can start on onslaught 21. Only reason to do those chaos levels was i get to pick the map and dont for onslaught. So pretty much im picking between progression and the currency and for someone with maybe 2 hours a week it sucks to have to spend 35-40 minutes clearing 1 daily maybe 2 if im lucky.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, vosh said:

So pretty much im picking between progression and the currency and for someone with maybe 2 hours a week it sucks to have to spend 35-40 minutes clearing 1 daily maybe 2 if im lucky.

Just imo, I think dailies are helping people with less play time. It's providing good rewards at first 2-3 limited maps (with low difficulty), with diminishing margin afterwards with no limits on maps, in effort to provide balance between long/short play time.

Imagine if they take away the dailies/weeklies, and like you said, to make DM obtainable in a practical sense, maybe they bump up DM per map by an amount and remove 300-450 DM daily quest. What will happen is, people who play longer like me with 1 - 3 hr daily, will get much more DM with no diminishing return after 2-3 maps, and people who play less, may get even less than what they earn atm. The gap will be much larger than we have with the current system, whereas now, after 3 maps a day, we won't get too much of an edge over casual players. 

edit (ie):  Gold is a currency with no daily, and fully-blended in all modes all maps. People who play 1-3 hr daily will simply earn 10 times the currency compared to those with 2 hr weekly;

whereas for DM: 2 hr to clear 14-21 maps weekly gives you 3000 ish DM, and 10 times more game play time, will yield nowhere near 10 times currency with current balance system, but merely about Double. 

Edited by hailminion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hailminion said:

Just imo, I think dailies are helping people with less play time. It's providing good rewards at first 2-3 limited maps (with low difficulty), with diminishing margin afterwards with no limits on maps, in effort to provide balance between long/short play time.

Imagine if they take away the dailies/weeklies, and like you said, to make DM obtainable in a practical sense, maybe they bump up DM per map by an amount and remove 300-450 DM daily quest. What will happen is, people who play longer like me with 1 - 3 hr daily, will get much more DM with no diminishing return after 2-3 maps, and people who play less, may get even less than what they earn atm. The gap will be much larger than we have with the current system, whereas now, after 3 maps a day, we won't get too much of an edge over casual players. 

edit (ie):  Gold is a currency with no daily, and fully-blended in all modes all maps. People who play 1-3 hr daily will simply earn 10 times the currency compared to those with 2 hr weekly;

whereas for DM: 2 hr to clear 14-21 maps weekly gives you 3000 ish DM, and 10 times more game play time, will yield nowhere near 10 times currency with current balance system, but merely about Double. 

or they can just limit you can earn per day so that this isnt a problem. i don’t see why they wouldn’t if it was like this instead of having dailies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, super_slayan said:

or they can just limit you can earn per day so that this isnt a problem. i don’t see why they wouldn’t if it was like this instead of having dailies

I can't recall any game that limits the currency a player can earn. Putting a cap on efforts tend to drive population away, even when they find a near-perfect spot to place the cap on. Imagine a bunch of kids on summer vacation wanna play 5 hours a day, and he doesn't get crap after 5 hour weekly total. 

Plus it'd be more stressful for many, people could get in and play X hours a week, X/2 hr twice a week. Now they have to log in daily, because there's a cap, and play X/7 hr, 7 times a week, in order to get the benefit w/o getting capped

Diminishing return is a good way to balance, without breaking either end of people. 

Edited by hailminion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...