Sign in to follow this  
oxbowdvcorlone

Drain Aura Should Work with Elemental Servos

Posted (edited)

The title says it essentially.

Essentially if I put drain aura and fire servo together on a relic for a boost aura it should double damage vs frost and proc ignite on oiled enemies.

Then it would actually have legitimate uses.

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone

That would require the sacrificing of not 1, but two mod slots, though. Which would drastically decrease the effectiveness of the actual DP buff given by the auras. However, I'd be fine if Drain Aura itself was assigned an element so that Drain Aura might actually serve a purpose.

I just want it to drench to trigger controlled burn. And I think it should. The fact that it won't make use of an elemental servo seems like a bug to me.

If I want a boost aura just for buffing then I would set up a different separate relic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oxbowdvcorlone said:

The fact that it won't make use of an elemental servo seems like a bug to me.

They used to be attunable, but there was a bug with drain aura from attuning. I think they will put it back once they figure out how to fix the bug from effecting game play. At this time tho, not sure if they'd still bother...

• Like 1

I have 2 BAs. One for tower boosts, and one to slow and do damage. 

I'm not so sure adding elements to BA would help in damage output much at all, since it does so very little static damage. However, using it to setup element combos by applying just the status...now that is interesting...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I have 2 BAs. One for tower boosts, and one to slow and do damage. 

I'm not so sure adding elements to BA would help in damage output much at all, since it does so very little static damage. However, using it to setup element combos by applying just the status...now that is interesting...

Exactly... Drain aura is miniscule damage... But could be useful as a utility option to set up combos and put conditions on enemies

• Like 1

I more than anyone loves the BA but, even with these suggestions, I think first the elemental combos need balancing before allowing more defenses to proc them. Especially a BA which has one or two other uses that can be combined with elemental stuff. It's just a slippery slope that we are already at full speed sliding down with nothing to stop it since it doesn't appear CG will fix the broken elemental stuff now.

Posted (edited)

I guess rippling explosions could be complicated. I wasn't thinking of that and drain aura seems simple at first glance

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone