Sign in to follow this  
Crombell

What did DDII add to the formula that we can look forward to in DDA?

Posted (edited)

I've been out of the loop for... A while. Played Dungeon Defenders a bunch, but stopped around the time DD2 came out as it wasn't really what I was looking for.

I just pledged to the DDA kickstarter, and am currently preeetty hyped up about DDA. What great stuff (QoL, mechanics, level design) did DD2 do, that I've missed out on, that might make it into DDA?

Edited by Crombell
  • Thanks 1

Instanced loot  - no more free for all for the gear on floor.(confirmed for DDA)

No Build Timers or chests all mana is distributed between players start of game/wave(not been mentioned but possible)

Separate ability mana and building mana

Auto loot with filtering of rarities and types eg helmets, legendary (they are looking into similar system no details yet)

Hero deck/hotswapping no running to forge to change hero all heroes available from ui screen in building waves and can swap between 4 during combat.

They are designing something to allow u to accessing as much as possible from the UI inventory, heroes etc not sure if this will mean NO forge at all, or perhaps only a forge in your tavern.

• Like 1

Let's not forget some of the towers, too. The huntress' kit was a particularly welcome change over her DD1 arsenal, particularly the Poison Dart Tower. Let's also not forget the Earthshatter tower or the existence of the Dryad and her defenses, too.

The replay-from-wave function is pretty damn handy, and swapping heroes without the use of the forge is handy, too, when it comes to building. Dizzydiana covered most of the other points I would make as well.

Pizza.

Wings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

The huntress' kit was a particularly welcome change over her DD1 arsenal, particularly the Poison Dart Tower.

I'd say that outside of the PDT her defenses in DD2 are far inferior to what they were in DD1. I think I've seen maybe one or two people use her traps since back when they were "meta" in like 2015 or whenever it was. I'd quite like to see the proximity and inferno traps returning along with the PDT and something new. 

• Like 1

Pdt tower was the only thing ive ever built on huntress in dd2. However with range being added back in her traps might come out to be awesome again. However at low level both huntress defenses are bad. 

Not saying they will all be welcome additions, but I suspect the following DD2 features to show up:

- A hub map instead of joining random taverns
- Premium currency shop (generally cosmetic items)
- More of a tutorial
- Pet eggs
- Auto-collect features for drops
- Elemental combos
- More customization options (such as skill spheres and tower skins)
- Better loot drop visuals (colored light pillars from the items)
- Daily/Weekly challenges

Also likely to appear are some new maps/defenses/weapons/modes/etc from DD2.

4 minutes ago, Batophobia said:

Not saying they will all be welcome additions, but I suspect the following DD2 features to show up:

- A hub map instead of joining random taverns
- Premium currency shop (generally cosmetic items)
- More of a tutorial
- Pet eggs
- Auto-collect features for drops
- Elemental combos
- More customization options (such as skill spheres and tower skins)
- Better loot drop visuals (colored light pillars from the items)
- Daily/Weekly challenges

Also likely to appear are some new maps/defenses/weapons/modes/etc from DD2.

- Maybe?
- No
- Less text than DD1 tutorial, for sure.
- Probably not
- Maybe?
- Maybe?
- Not planned.
- Maybe?
- Maybe?

We're focusing on the getting the core done first with new visuals, and then building, designing, and iterating on that. Get the foundation right with core features, then focus on the extras outside of that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

- Probably not

I enjoyed the way DDE did pet eggs.  I'd still want actual pets as rewards for challenges, but I didn't mind hatching them.