Jump to content
vosh

When will backers get non game related rewards?

Recommended Posts

So i undertand obviously that by backing the game ill have to wait till everything is ready to play. I also understand that ill have to wait till the kickstarter is finalized at the earliest. However how much longer after that might i have have to wait till i get my dd2012 edition or my gunwitch costume/key? Im just kinda wondering when i can get back to playing a good dungeon defenders game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They said in the Kickstarter description itself. They'll be contacting everyone after the kickstarter ends as soon as they get it all sorted to ask for any necessary details, such as shirt size (if applicable) and to confirm which platform you'd like your game key(s) on. I'd expect to see an email within a few days of the kickstarter ending.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must of missed it or misunderstood it. Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Kickstarter:

Estimated delivery Oct 2019
 
Capture.PNG.6eaf540ea54e53df27f865a2f427011e.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Batophobia said:

From the Kickstarter:

Estimated delivery Oct 2019
 
Capture.PNG.6eaf540ea54e53df27f865a2f427011e.PNG

Isnt this when the game is expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah, that's when the game is expected, not the other items. Here's their answer to the question of other goods, taken from the FAQ on the Kickstarter:

 

We plan on getting codes out for digital goods as soon as we are able to after a successful kickstarter campaign.

 

 

As for the other info, they had several answers regarding other rewards, but it basically boils down to them getting everyone's info as soon as they can after the kickstarter ends.

 

 

Edited by Thorgonator
Weird white text, definitely didn't want that. + more info.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to physical items, it's a combination of getting backer information, getting a survey out to relevant tiers (i.e. shirt size, or what they want their portrait to be), then talking with manufacturers to get things started, receiving all those goods, and then shipping them out (and working with shipping companies overseas). It's a process to say the least.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, LAWLTA said:

In regards to physical items, it's a combination of getting backer information, getting a survey out to relevant tiers (i.e. shirt size, or what they want their portrait to be), then talking with manufacturers to get things started, receiving all those goods, and then shipping them out (and working with shipping companies overseas). It's a process to say the least.

That's fine and all, but what about the digital goods? I know that DD:A keys aren't coming anytime soon with the estimated date to be in October, but what about the DD1 steam keys and DD2 skins? Those goods are pre-existent and instantly obtainable if people go into the related platforms and purchase them separately from the Kickstarter backer rewards. It has been weeks since the Kickstarter has ended, and the digital goods that have little reason to be delayed as long as they have been are still up in the air with little word, other than "physical goods are kind of difficult to distribute properly at the moment, so we'll send surveys when we're ready". Sorry if I seem salty or impatient. It just doesn't seem like fair practice to promise tangible, --pre-existing digital rewards-- that would typically seem very straightforward to redeem after collecting our support, but then end up hiding in the hole to work on how it's actually going to be distributed very much after the fact. This is specifically for digital rewards, I have no gripe on the physical goods, because that is very much understandable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ApplePuff said:

That's fine and all, but what about the digital goods? I know that DD:A keys aren't coming anytime soon with the estimated date to be in October, but what about the DD1 steam keys and DD2 skins? Those goods are pre-existent and instantly obtainable if people go into the related platforms and purchase them separately from the Kickstarter backer rewards. It has been weeks since the Kickstarter has ended, and the digital goods that have little reason to be delayed as long as they have been are still up in the air with little word, other than "physical goods are kind of difficult to distribute properly at the moment, so we'll send surveys when we're ready". Sorry if I seem salty or impatient. It just doesn't seem like fair practice to promise tangible, --pre-existing digital rewards-- that would typically seem very straightforward to redeem after collecting our support, but then end up hiding in the hole to work on how it's actually going to be distributed very much after the fact. This is specifically for digital rewards, I have no gripe on the physical goods, because that is very much understandable.

The answer is the same "its a combination of getting backer info and getting a survey out to relevant tiers". Until KS provides them with the information they need (Who backed via email address, what tier they did, and that they confirmed payment), compiling that information into categories based on tier, getting a survey setup for each tier that was backed, sending out those surveys in batches so email companies don't mark them as spam (as would happen if they were sent all at once), receiving the surveys back and then finally processing the responses and sending rewards.

Some of these processes can be handled at the same time others require prerequisites to be completed first. Sometimes I feel its best to put yourself in the other person's shoes. Imagine waiting on a company to give you something that you need as soon as possible and being unable to do anything to speed it up, meanwhile you have customers beating your door down ready to burn your house if you don't hurry up. You can't give them anything because you don't know what they pledged and you can't trust their word otherwise you end up giving 300 top tier rewards when only 12 people pledged top tier. It all just takes time and we just have to wait patiently. They aren't going to just forget about it and I'm willing to bet when it all starts rolling forward we will hear about it because they don't want us to miss the email they send.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 7:39 AM, LAWLTA said:

In regards to physical items, it's a combination of getting backer information, getting a survey out to relevant tiers (i.e. shirt size, or what they want their portrait to be), then talking with manufacturers to get things started, receiving all those goods, and then shipping them out (and working with shipping companies overseas). It's a process to say the least.

Yeah but lawlata said this 2 weeks ago and have we seen anything from them? Not angry just waiting hoping ot comes sooner rather then later

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Think y'all missed one thing. It's not like CG gains anything, the longer we wait. They wanna get this done quick too. 

They wanna give code to bring in more population to dd1, wanna give code to dd2 to get more hype, wanna give rewards so backers are happy and satisfied. 

Although I totally see how some communication can help big. Simple messages like, " we are 2k thru with our 12k backers info" "we are 5k thru w/ backers info" "<20$ tier surveys are now designed and ready to be sent" "<100$ surveys are now designed & ..." etc, once a week can reduce anxiety of many and keep their mouths shut. At the same time, I understand that's not how most companies work. What seems efficient/transparent to us may not be to them. Then it just goes back to the first line of post. We just gota be patient. 

Edited by hailminion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really losing my faith here.

I've supported them for years and years but my support tickets go unanswered over weeks, still chasing 1 over a year and a half old.

Now they are taking almost a month to literally send out a simple code. There must be more to the story...

They could even just make it free for 3 days on steam as a stop gap until codes are ready.

ANYTHING, silence is just making everyone post non stop on kickstarter and twitter for 3-4 weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel the biggest issue is lack of clear communication for this. saying "soon" is fine, but when is soon? this week this month this year any of these time frames can be regarded as soon depending on the context. Perhaps none of the devs had any experience of Kickstarter and thought it would be quicker to get the info they needed? perhaps they underestimated how many backers there would be?  I have no real idea why it seems that ahead of kickstarter CG didnt seem to have a plan in place that let them move ahead quickly after kickstarter finished. My questions are

Why are they now making surveys?  Surely they created each tier why not have a survey made in advance for each tier?

Why wont they give even a rough estimate on when surveys might go out? eg by the end of the month.

Why not prioritise tiers that give DD1 keys are those were limited? This is an old game so why not at least make those backers happy?

I am in no real rush for my rewards as its mostly tied to DDA directly other than a t-shirt and a gunwitch code . But I did spend $100 and it would be nice to at least see something for my money I can only imagine those who spent more and how they feel.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The surveys are not as straight-forward as you would expect and require a lot of preparation. It took some time to get the backer information. Now that we have that, before we can get any survey out we need to finalize a couple things:

1. Additional ways for backers to modify their tiers. Something we just got approved recently.

2. Shipping methods acceptable for EVERY backer that falls within our backer shipping question from our FAQ. This means working with shipping fulfillment companies in (or that cover) North America, Central America, South America, EU, and Australia. This is not an easy task, and as someone privy to the efforts put into this, it's been an uphill battle at every point for the past month+ on getting something confirmed. This is something we're working as expeditiously as possible to get finalized.

Until those two things are 100% confirmed, we cannot get the surveys sent out. It's not something we can get sent out while we figure out and finalize shipping. It's a requirement to actually get them sent out. We cannot go any other route, as it's 11,000+ backers information to parse through, it would take a substantial amount of time that would either delay the game from having to divert work hours to this, or delay orders from getting fulfilled for a very long time.

It's something we'd like to have done as soon as possible, it's a top priority, but it's not something we 100% control.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

2. Shipping methods acceptable for EVERY backer that falls within our backer shipping question from our FAQ. This means working with shipping fulfillment companies in (or that cover) North America, Central America, South America, EU, and Australia. This is not an easy task, and as someone privy to the efforts put into this, it's been an uphill battle at every point for the past month+ on getting something confirmed. This is something we're working as expeditiously as possible to get finalized.

Thank you for the explanation, it's a lot easier to wait for stuff with no deadline in place when you know why there hasn't been set a deadline.

You might want to consider placing this information somewhere where it's easier to spot it, as I doubt everyone waiting for backer rewards will visit this specific thread.

 

Edit: And so you did. Nice.

Edited by Crombell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...