Jaws_420

Pop Culture References

During the Q&A today, it was mentioned that the team enjoys having pop culture references in the games and hope to do more of that in DDA.

What references would the community like to see?

Myself, i loved the Dune references in DD1 - shai halud and crysknife. Love to see a sandworm pet! Please also add anything related to the movie Jaws...just saying. Or The Meg! Shark lives matter. How about some Matrix, Hellraiser, anything Marvel or DC, and Fight Club. Ooh, can we get the Glaive from Krull (and Ready Player One)? 

Tongue in cheek references to DD1 and DD2 would be awesome as well.

Feel free to share your own ideas.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

Hellraiser

Instead of Companion Cubes we can have Lament Configuration pets and use them as the main currency. 

:gobucited:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

Instead of Companion Cubes we can have Lament Configuration pets and use them as the main currency. 

:gobucited:

Ooh, love it! Shoot hooks out of it and Scorpion style "get over here!" the enemies. Imagine a Monk cenobite skin flair.... 😀

If you read the library of cosmetic descriptions in DD2 you'll see I'm a fan. :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, Dani said:

If you read the library of cosmetic descriptions in DD2 you'll see I'm a fan. :)

"Tony Strange" is sure is amusing as heck to me haha! Got a chuckle from it. :classic_laugh:And I definitely love the Star Wars reference with the Awakening Costumes too :)

Also, I'm curious, is the Plexus costumes actually a reference to The Matrix? I mean, to my knowledge, who else wears shades and have a (greenish) background of ("runic") codes there? ;) Just want to know for confirmation there, if you don't mind.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

I never turn down a good Futurama reference, myself. I loved some of the old alpha/beta gear mods in DD2 such as Finglonger. The more references the merrier, though, so if the devs are a fan of it, then the game should have references.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorgonator said:

I never turn down a good Futurama reference, myself. I loved some of the old alpha/beta gear mods in DD2 such as Finglonger. The more references the merrier, though, so if the devs are a fan of it, then the game should have references.

A level should have a grave marker for Fry's dog somewhere. That was a good 🐕 boi!

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

A level should have a grave marker for Fry's dog somewhere. That was a good 🐕 boi!

Nooooo we do not need a constant reminder of Seymour, you heartless monster!

5ae.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Id like those Elton John type shades in game Like Elandrian was wearing in the Dev Stream as an accessory/flair and maybe ones like the stars he wore years ago.  Id also like costumes that represent different types of music like a cowboy/cowgirl outfit for country a Mozart type thing for Classical, a long haired guitarist for Rock, etc. We could even have weapons like guitars,(sword) lasso(Works like Mystic knife), Saxophone(gun), Harp(bow), Free standing mic stand like Freddie Mercury would use (wand)

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1