LAWLTA

DD:A LIVE Q&A March 29th — POST QUESTIONS HERE!

DEFENDERS!

Tomorrow, March 29th at 3PM EDT, we're going to have a Live Q&A session on Twitch for Dungeon Defenders: Awakened! In order to get questions answered easily and have prepared answers, we're asking any and all of you to post any questions you may have here.

Make sure to read all the posts before yours so that questions aren't repeated, and we'll do our best to answer them during the stream.

We're excited to discuss more of what we've been working. :)

For Etheria!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Perhaps it's a bit early on to be asking this but - Are the maps going to get progressively more difficult and more rewarding as you go through the campaign and DLC list like in DD1, or is the difficulty going to be largely the same on all maps like DD2?

Will we be getting survival?

Are pets going to be made great again and an integral gear piece like in DD1?

Edited by Cuddles

Posted (edited)

I have two questions:

1. Will the game have trophy/achievement support where applicable?

2. Will any of DD2's positive points make it into DDA, such as the Huntress' defenses (other than the explosive trap, in which the original version is undeniably superior), or will the characters defenses revert entirely to their DD1 format? I'll be very saddened if my beloved PDTs don't make it.

Edited by Thorgonator
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Will  we have a loot system like DD2 ?

Will the maps have their own loots instead of the random loots ?

and What's about the inventory access ? Will we be able to switch heroes like in DD2?

Edited by Zombina

1. Will players be strongly incentivised to play in multiplayer as is currently the case with DD2 (by which I mean the higher XP and extra legendary drops that MP gives), or will singleplayer and multiplayer in DDA be a more even playing field?

2. On a similar note, are you balancing DDA toward us being able to experience all of its content solo, or will multiplayer be effectively a requirement for beating whatever content becomes "endgame"?

I'd definitely prefer a game I could play solo when I want to without feeling penalised :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The main stuffs would be great to know are -

•  Will DDA's plans on playthrough and progression be more Lore/Story based rather than just for the sake of progression? As in when you're progressing through the game/ difficulties, you feel like you're going through a story. 
  • Would DDA's cosmetic system be as or beyond complex as DD2's?
  • And will DDA have it's own original heroes? 

And this might be a stretch but....when can we feast our eyes on DD2's Bling Costumes and Crystalline Costumes please?

:gobmas:

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1.   How many new team members have you hired, maybe from GDC, since your initial Kickstarter funding goal was met and what aspects of DD:A will they be working on?  

2.  What cool tech, design concepts did you learn from your time at GDC (More super-cool UE4 features we hope) that will make it into DD:A?  (Please don't hold all cool new stuff back for DD3)

Edited by Psiphor
Added thought to Q1

So, less questions will allow you more time to spill more beans about what you've been working on. yes?  Should we all retract our questions then and just let you churn out reveal after reveal?  Wouldn't we all love that? :-)

Most concerned question for me, 

Will the drops (loot, tools, wtv, that help player progress) be purely RNG based? or there will be a "exchange system" to justify your effort? so players can always have a goal, and know they're not wasting time bcuz of bad RNG?

1. what kind of stat system will we have?  DD1 or DD2

2. what elements from DD2 will be in  DDA

3. will some DD2 maps make it in DDA?

4. will we have DD1 hero abilites or combine of DD1/2 hero abilities/towers

For PC, please can we have all the 'bells and whistles' that UE4 affords (Physics galore, Particle effects (Interactive effects would be super-cool), HDR, 4K, you name it)?.  For my Switch, not too bothered as long as it runs smoothly and consistently.

We already got crossaves but crossplay? Any chances?

Thks a lot guys, we loved the portuguese languange on DD:A.

1. For PC what launcher(s) do you intend to use?
  2. Will you put having no desynch / lag as the central point of your map / difficulty design?
  3. Will it be instance based loot?
  4. How will trading work?

Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the stream, here are a couple of questions:

• Since the game won't run on a dedicated server and critical gameplay elements are calculated client-side, how do you plan to prevent cheating? Especially item creation and manipulation is a big concern and especially item integrity is an important foundation for trading, leaderboards and therefor overall long-term motivation.
  • Build timers? Hero switching ONLY during the build phase? A way to save, load and share defense layouts?
  • Is every defense using DU (defense units) or will we see special defense pools like the MU (minion units) for the summoner again?
  • Accessing and managing your inventory all the time, even during combat? Is the inventory artifically limited? Do you plan on adding search and filter function for the inventory?
  • Can people play splitscreen with one account or does everyone need his own account? How do you handle loot, when people are playing splitscreen (please no return of quadruple loot with emulating controllers / multiple accounts...)?
  • Since some gamemodes (survival) can take quite long, will there be a way to pause or even save a round?
  • What do you think about adding a feature to make trading more convenient (for example some kind of "market place / auction house", where you can put in offers and browse / search & filter existing offers of all the other players)
  • Is the stats and loot system similar to DD1? Will there be any kind of auto-looting, if so, do you plan to add more (filter) options for auto-looting? How do you handle items falling out of the game world? Will we see the nice RNG depending stats of DD1 with potential negative stats? Will we see a comeback of (certain) item rarities including colored dots on the minimap? Can we configure the minimap to show "dots" of certain colors only? If there is an item limit, how do you determine, which item has to despawn (worst quality first?)?
  • Are you going to be able to change the resolution to 4k without going to the config file, because the drop-box to select "4k" is outside of the screen-height on the resolution, the game decided to put as default? Sorry, I had to. ;)

Thanks in advance for taking the time to answer any of those questions.

Edited by The Ich

Posted (edited)

When will the shark pet be available?

Will pizza wings return?

Is there any talk about introducing heroes that we have yet to see (ie The Prisoner)?

Will weapons have a level above legendary?

Will there be a end game mode for extremely high level players?

If there are no microtransactions, how will flair be obtained or unlocked?

Can i drop gear on the ground for other players to pick up? 

Will all dropped gear be obtainable by anyone, like DD1, or only you, as in DD2?

Is it possible that some silly or joke weapons will also be obtainable? Likeva giant frying pan "sword"...

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

What is going to get be the biggest difference between nightmare and massacre difficulty?

Edited by anayalater123
  • Like 1

Epic Games - Discord - Steam

As a person that loves the community aspect of steam this question is very important for me

Will you guys be doing weekly livestreams on Fridays up to the release of DDA to give us updates? Or will the updates be through forum posts?

• Like 1