Sign in to follow this  
zaxzax

Future of DD2 and microtransaction.

Hi all, 

how do you perceive the release of a new DD game family?

Is it going to kill the game population of DD2? I have tons of gems there and I am afraid that they would be for nothing after DDA will release.

Do you think there will be an option so that GEMS would be account bound so you could spend them in DDA instead of only DD2?

Thank you for all the answers and have a great evening.

Since DDA will be a paid title and not free-to-play, there would be no point in gems carrying over to begin with, as the need for a paid currency would be nonexistent. As far as DD2 is concerned, the game has at least a few more months of active community left.  I'd suggest spending your gems while the spending's good. In future, if you're playing a free to play game, I advise only buying paid currency if you know you're going to spend it. No point saving it up.

• Like 4

Their faq says there will be no micro transactions only dlc for DDA.

As for gems, see what the upcoming update brings and spend accordingly... 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

Since DDA will be a paid title and not free-to-play, there would be no point in gems carrying over to begin with, as the need for a paid currency would be nonexistent. As far as DD2 is concerned, the game has at least a few more months of active community left.  I'd suggest spending your gems while the spending's good. In future, if you're playing a free to play game, I advise only buying paid currency if you know you're going to spend it. No point saving it up.

Normally I would agree but over the past few years it's no longer that way because game devs are growing increasingly greedy and here are a few paid games that have a premium currency Battlefield 5, Grand Theft Auto 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Far Cry New Dawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, BIGREDMONSTER said:

Normally I would agree but over the past few years it's no longer that way because game devs are growing increasingly greedy and here are a few paid games that have a premium currency Battlefield 5, Grand Theft Auto 5, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Far Cry New Dawn.

You should trust devs on a case by case basis. The microtransactions in DD2 are the main reason DDA is happening. Give them a little credit. They specifically stated there wouldn't be any microtransactions. 

Edited by Thorgonator
More info

39 minutes ago, Thorgonator said:

You should trust devs on a case by case basis. The microtransactions in DD2 are the main reason DDA is happening. Give them a little credit. They specifically stated there wouldn't be any microtransactions. 

I'm not going to say there will or there won't be micro transactions but I'm just pointing out that paying for a game doesn't guarantee no micro transactions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGREDMONSTER said:

I'm not going to say there will or there won't be micro transactions but I'm just pointing out that paying for a game doesn't guarantee no micro transactions.

I think the devs saying "there will be no microtransactions" is a pretty strong guarantee that there won't be microtransactions. 

30 minutes ago, Thorgonator said:

I think the devs saying "there will be no microtransactions" is a pretty strong guarantee that there won't be microtransactions. 

Example 2

https://www.pcgamer.com/au/payday-2-gets-microtransactions-despite-devs-saying-it-wouldnt/

There is always a chance that a game will include micro transactions even if you pay for it and the devs also claim they will not have micro transactions now I can't say if they will or won't have micro transactions but I won't be surprised if they do.

I will leave it alone and if you trust CG so be it but I will remain sceptical.

• Like 1

That is cute that they say there won't be any microtransaction. But how long can game survive and provide new content if there won't be any passive money income except game purchase and DLC?

In DD2 I kinda like the idea of getting paid cosmetics but there is NOT ENOUGH of them. 

15 hours ago, Zombiewookie said:

Easy you release Optional DLCs that only give cosmetics 

Chromatic did say no micro-transaction in DDa 

Even with the new name its still the same devs making bad decisions, we might not see it for awhile after the game comes out, but just like dd2 once the money well dries up they won't be able to help themselves