I hope a better system of trading is added in DDA. At the very least a better system of currency. The DD1 market kind of sucks in my opinion.. cubes are now so rare that trading only happens now with top 1% of item drops or events. I personally feel trading is kind of an important part in keeping a large player base interested for longer periods

trading and how its implemented must be carefully looked at before implementing it. Well before trading came to DD2 much discussion was had if we should even have trading at all? With possible modified items or duped items etc being in the mix or  allowing new players to instantly skip content etc all were concerns and had to be addressed. To me I am a little on the fence it depends if the Tavern keeper is like DD1 and still could sell relatively useful items at end game or like DD2 where relic hunter became completely irrelevant once you got to C2 nvm further. Drop rates for exclusive items would still remain attractive for those who are unable or unwilling to farm for those so a place may still remain for trading. I think we should first address how loot is obtained first and how easy or not it is to get an item which is an upgrade from what you currently have, before even considering if we should even have trading.

47 minutes ago, dizzydiana said:

allowing new players to instantly skip content etc 

This was huge for me, buying those items really speeds up the gameplay. Skipping a large part of the grind. I stayed away from the shops at that point. 

I don’t think it would speed up content because you would first have to have some currency to trade for or have to farm an item worth trading. For example, in DD1, I spent a long time with trans builders and only a couple sup, until a lucky ++ drop let me trade for a couple sup dps tower sets.. which I guess sped up the process of getting to a point where I could solo a larger portion of end game, but I could have ran end game in trans with a group. I don’t think it speeds up any process that would be detrimental to another player’s experience at all.. there is always the option to ignore the trading aspect if you don’t approve, but he’s who want to trade cannot choose to do so unless the option is there

Further, someone’s garbage could be someone else’s gold and if both players want a piece each other has, it only makes the game more enjoyable, in my opinion

• Like 2

More on the currency, I assume cubes was a thing the community decided to use, along with coals/diamonds as currency.

Wasn't there a problem with cubes since u can only get one per account but people would create cubes, which ruined trading.

So I'm curious if chromatic are going to do anything about currency and how they're going to go about it.

For me the trading and getting more 'wealth' is why I love dd1.

Cubes were a thing in DD1 because they were supposed to be rare, i.e. 1 per account.  However, due to hacks, they were created out of thin air and saturated the market for a time and became a problem.  Trading should be fine as long as items cant be duplicated. 

As far as specifying currency, the community will always decide what it values for trading, even if it isnt the official currency.  The valued currency seems to change over time too. 

• Like 2

I notice alo of talk of DD1 trading but not DD2. 

DD2 was quite alright. You could see the players store and what they was selling, gold being the price of course and the choice of items was good. You could sell crafting mats, pet consumables, pets, pet eggs, tokens, gear and other stuff as well. My only issue is that you have to be online in a active town to sell your wares.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ddace said:

Cubes were a thing in DD1 because they were supposed to be rare, i.e. 1 per account.  However, due to hacks, they were created out of thin air and saturated the market for a time and became a problem.  Trading should be fine as long as items cant be duplicated. 

As far as specifying currency, the community will always decide what it values for trading, even if it isnt the official currency.  The valued currency seems to change over time too. 

They should stop local hosting in taverns and do everything via the trendy servers. Problem with cheatengine solved 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, xarta said:

This was huge for me, buying those items really speeds up the gameplay. Skipping a large part of the grind. I stayed away from the shops at that point. 

Well you have to actually be able to afford the items. 

As long as the currency distribution isn't crazy high in the lower-mid difficulties I don't think there'll be much issue with people "skipping" a lot of content because it'll take longer for them to acquire the currency to do so than it would to just do the content and progress normally. 

Maybe in the very long run the game will be so saturated with upper-tier stuff that it becomes cheap enough for people to skip content such as you can in DD1. But after numerous years I don't feel like people skipping the mid-game is that big of a deal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I didn't mind the shops in DD2, but the fact you both had to be in the same room, and could only access it in build phase really detracted from its usefulness and my enjoyment of it. 

In DD1 i never really liked the trade interface. I much more preferred just dropping things. I'd love to be able to drop something as either open to any player, or only one specified player can pick it up. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2019 at 2:40 PM, xarta said:

However the level caps on items where very useful to prevent said thing from happening.

3 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

In DD1 i never really liked the trade interface. I much more preferred just dropping things. I'd love to be able to drop something as either open to any player, or only one specified player can pick it up. 

Yes, I agree the old traiding system in DD1 was a bit out dated. However... I don't know what I feel about item dropping... So many modded and duped items where widespread in DD1 because of this.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:17 PM, Martin Arcainess said:

I notice alo of talk of DD1 trading but not DD2. 

DD2 was quite alright. You could see the players store and what they was selling, gold being the price of course and the choice of items was good. You could sell crafting mats, pet consumables, pets, pet eggs, tokens, gear and other stuff as well. My only issue is that you have to be online in a active town to sell your wares.

The trading system in DD2 is one of the only things I can praise about DD2... It's trading system is actually quite well. And it would be rather interesting if they could improve it or perhaps somehow be able to sell your items or buy from people while they are offline 

• Like 2

I do support trading, but offline play allows for save data tinkering due to localized save data, which results in those ridiculous modded weapons. I'd like to see some sort of filter that automatically disallows the trading of "impossible" gear, ie. anything with stats that cannot be obtained legitimately.

As far as a trading system is concerned, I actually think a DD2-esque trading system wouod be ideal, with items being bound to a save file should their owner tinker with them.

On 3/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, UncrownedData said:

I don’t think it would speed up content because you would first have to have some currency to trade for or have to farm an item worth trading. For example, in DD1, I spent a long time with trans builders and only a couple sup, until a lucky ++ drop let me trade for a couple sup dps tower sets.. which I guess sped up the process of getting to a point where I could solo a larger portion of end game, but I could have ran end game in trans with a group. I don’t think it speeds up any process that would be detrimental to another player’s experience at all.. there is always the option to ignore the trading aspect if you don’t approve, but he’s who want to trade cannot choose to do so unless the option is there

Further, someone’s garbage could be someone else’s gold and if both players want a piece each other has, it only makes the game more enjoyable, in my opinion

I think how they did it in dd2 actually solved that. Put a minimum item level for each tier you had to have to equip the next. Although overall im against any kind of item levels being in really any game.

However unchecked a player in dd2 gear could trade almost any of the c7 gear he has and now to a new player and that player can now do c7. (there is a huge amount of wasteful c7 gear) 

Posted (edited)

I haven't really thought out any of the pros and cons, but does anyone know whether an auction system has ever been discussed by the dev team? (obviously this doesn't work very well if you're trading an item for an item, which tends to be how higher-tier item transactions are made -- but I feel like an Auction House would work for lower-level gear that is sensible to sell for mana / whatever the DDA in-game currency will be called)

Edited by g_cracka88
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2019 at 7:16 AM, vosh said:

I think how they did it in dd2 actually solved that. Put a minimum item level for each tier you had to have to equip the next. Although overall im against any kind of item levels being in really any game.

DD1 had item rarity tiers as well though... ha (this link)

Edited by g_cracka88

There should be trading, without restrictions. A simple trade screen window would work fine.

Trading came to DD2 years after the game came out. It should have been part of the base game. It's a looting game. A looting game without trading where you collect rares, pets, and cosmetics isn't really a game anymore. Imagine Pokemon or Yugioh if you couldn't trade. 

Trading in some capacity is coming. Not able to give details at the moment, but getting gear from one player to another will be a possibility. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1