Sign in to follow this  
Windex

New forums guidelines question.

"Users - Harassing or bullying other users will not be tolerated. This is a place for people to share their experience in-game, and come together as a community. Disagreeing or not liking a particular user does not turn the forums into a platform for the aforementioned."

I just wanted to know more about this. Are we not allowed to disagree with someone anymore? Should you not say you disagree with something if you only say that? Are you allowed to say you disagree with an idea or thought and give your reasoning behind it or give a different idea you think would be better?

Posted (edited)

I would assume it would come down to the manner in which ones agrees or disagrees with another poster. Constructive critism should be encouraged outright bullying or toxic posts should be removed and possibly users banned or warned for behaviour. I try where I can to be constructive where i differ from other people, and be respectful in my responses. Sadly there have been many posts and threads where it can quickly turn into name calling and toxic behaviour and this leads to Mods and Devs reminding users this cannot and will not be tolerated. Some people can also take their personal dislike of a person and just flame them at every opportunity in forum discussions even if they actually agree with what the actual post says. This is what is meant if you read the rule carefully not just disagreeing with the post in general.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dizzydiana said:

This is what is meant if you read the rule carefully not just disagreeing with the post in general.

I read everything carefully but it's not really clear.  When does "does not turn the forums into a platform for the aforementioned." becomes too much of that.

So it's fine as long as you don't "intentionally" disagree and try to turn the forums into an argument? That's pretty much down to each person's interpretation of what's too much disagreeing. 

Edited by Windex

Disagreeing is okay, but downgrading or antagonizing is not. Feel free to express your point of view, provided you do not need to trample on someone else to do so. 

It means that just because you dislike or don't agree with a specific user, that it does not turn the forums into a place where you can harass/degrade/bully/antagonize/etc said user because of dislike/disagreement.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I will come out as an example. I got banned and not allowed to post yesterday 03/26/2019, so apparently whatever I said couple days before yesterday (03/24 - 03/25 ? I guess?) was  seemed as "bullying" and "harassing" users by regulation. 

For whoever is interested, I believe you can click into my profile and read what I posted for the last couple days. Use me as the line, and don't cross it. Hope this helps :)

Edit: 

umm, apparently the message - when I pinged MEA, and said "daily mastery challenge is a great idea"-got erased as well, you can still see it when MEA quotes me again, but my post is erased. So my hunch is, the regulation's key word is "aforementioned"? I'm just guessing cuz they don't really tell you the reason or sentence when they restrict you from posting. 

Edited by hailminion

3 hours ago, hailminion said:

I will come out as an example. I got banned and not allowed to post yesterday 03/26/2019, so apparently whatever I said couple days before yesterday (03/24 - 03/25 ? I guess?) was  seemed as "bullying" and "harassing" users by regulation. 

For whoever is interested, I believe you can click into my profile and read what I posted for the last couple days. Use me as the line, and don't cross it. Hope this helps :)

Edit: 

umm, apparently the message - when I pinged MEA, and said "daily mastery challenge is a great idea"-got erased as well, you can still see it when MEA quotes me again, but my post is erased. So my hunch is, the regulation's key word is "aforementioned"? I'm just guessing cuz they don't really tell you the reason or sentence when they restrict you from posting. 

I actually was the one to undo whatever was done to your account. You got accidentally included in a clean sweep of bots. I talked to the person who initiated that sweep, and they said they had no idea how you were included, but there wasn't any specific reason you were flagged as far as I'm aware.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LAWLTA said:

I actually was the one to undo whatever was done to your account. You got accidentally included in a clean sweep of bots. I talked to the person who initiated that sweep, and they said they had no idea how you were included, but there wasn't any specific reason you were flagged as far as I'm aware.

Awww, I'm touched.

Lawlta looks after me. :gobshades:

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this