Lets talk about how this game is almost broken.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to bite... Why are we slinging the term Necromancer around exactly? They're classified simply as Mages/Wizards.

They heal, shoot fireballs, and raise zombies. Maybe they just enjoy dabbling in various magics and have no set path. :P

1) You're arguing over the flight mechanics of a mythical creature...... yeah ok. Would you rather it be a humming bird to be flight accurate?

3) While I'll be the first to rage that Vampires don't 'shimmer' in sunlight, I can understand that there's a certain economics in combining traits. You could have 2 different mobs doing it but they fill the 'caster' role in terms of mob makeup. While not D&D accurate, it's simply a game mechanic that was chosen. And as my arch-lich character used to say, I'm not draining life, I"m just using your life more 'efficiently'.

/thread on argument about mythical creatures flight mechanics

1. Final boss is a dragon with wings. On insane, this dragon, which flies with wings, flies backwards in order to screw up the ballista's shooting him. Could anyone explain to me how something flies backwards? O right, this game sucks. :dragon:

2. Terribly written challenge descriptions, with 100 hidden rules that make the challenges boring when they could have been fun. The chicken cant jump? 2 Priest...necromancers are vulnerable at a time, so that means only 4 will be on map at a time right? Death from above; Super powered wyverns sounds cool, O wait 2-4 ogres per round, HERP DERP DE DERP HEEEEEEERP

3. Necromancers are priest. That raise skeletons...then heal everyone around them As someone who has both played as necromancers and D&D related games for a long time, I say this in all honesty, I hope whoever came up with this idea gets fired and becomes so poor they never touch a computer ever again.

4. Literally every challenge on hard/insane cheats you in one way or the other. On zippy, the invulnerable kobolds become aggressive with a sight range never seen in the game until this mode.

5. Monks are penalized for upgrading their aura expansion. Self explanatory.

6. :squire: got his blood rage nerfed yet its his only good skill. The spin skill is such a joke I actually forget its in the game sometimes. I have never seen a squire use this skill in the past 5 days, I am not exagerating. :apprentice: right click and best skill are exactly the same thing, just one is bigger than the other. :huntress: is OP and you wouldnt dare nerf her speed like you did squires when you ruined his blood rage. :monk: lol, I wont even GO thare xD

7. This is a pretty good game for $15, but 1-6 is the tip of the iceberg, please try harder, and patch better.

You mad bro?

1. Yeah all the dragons I know IRL can't fly backwards ... and why on earth would you even have harpoons setup to target the dragon, seems like a waste of DU.

2. Challenge descirptions seem fine to me. Death from above is prety easy for 2 or 3 well geared players. No i'm not giving you a strat for it.

3. Really? This is a light hearted fun game, it's not meant to have fleshed out lore.

4. Zippy is the easiest of the challenges (apart from maybe Orge Crush). Four Huntresses own this map unless they are retarded.

5. Good point, but never felt like this was a gamebreaking problem.

6. Blood rage is still fantastic, although the spin is a pile of dung.

1. Final boss is a dragon with wings. On insane, this dragon, which flies with wings, flies backwards in order to screw up the ballista's shooting him. Could anyone explain to me how something flies backwards? O right, this game sucks. :dragon:

Any flying creature can fly backwards just as you can walk backwards, foo'. Stupidest starting point ever.

2. Terribly written challenge descriptions, with 100 hidden rules that make the challenges boring when they could have been fun. The chicken cant jump? 2 Priest...necromancers are vulnerable at a time, so that means only 4 will be on map at a time right? Death from above; Super powered wyverns sounds cool, O wait 2-4 ogres per round, HERP DERP DE DERP HEEEEEEERP
No, it does not mean that only 4 will be on the map, it means that only 2 will be vulnerable at a time, either something is wrong with your brain or your english.

3. Necromancers are priest. That raise skeletons...then heal everyone around them As someone who has both played as necromancers and D&D related games for a long time, I say this in all honesty, I hope whoever came up with this idea gets fired and becomes so poor they never touch a computer ever again.

Okay, so whats the problem here? Necro's in most games summon stuff, fair enough, and also, they can oftenly heal their summons. Ofcourse in DD they summon and heal ALOT, but the summons etc. are squishy as hell, so meh.

4. Literally every challenge on hard/insane cheats you in one way or the other. On zippy, the invulnerable kobolds become aggressive with a sight range never seen in the game until this mode.

So, because Zippy is hard on hard or insane, you have a problem with it? Start LoS'ing them if thats a problem.

6. :squire: got his blood rage nerfed yet its his only good skill. The spin skill is such a joke I actually forget its in the game sometimes. I have never seen a squire use this skill in the past 5 days, I am not exagerating. :apprentice: right click and best skill are exactly the same thing, just one is bigger than the other. :huntress: is OP and you wouldnt dare nerf her speed like you did squires when you ruined his blood rage. :monk: lol, I wont even GO thare xD
Okay, so firstly, the squire spin isnt impressive I agree on that, but its a usefull knockback skill for the squire, as apprentices have their knockback etc.

7. This is a pretty good game for $15, but 1-6 is the tip of the iceberg, please try harder, and patch better.

Uhm, seriously? Have you not noticed the fact that they patch around 2-3 times each week, instead of bashing, try encouraging. Keep the patching up TrendyEnt!

Well no offense but I think you may be a trendy fan boy. All of these points are valid, and I know im not the only one annoyed by them.

Sorry, but none of these points are valid. The dragon is the last boss. He's SUPPOSED to be hard. kobolds are always aggressive, if you ever played insane you would know. Not sure why you assumed there would only be 4 necromancers on the map at any given time, and a heal ability for them is logical since they are called WIZARDS. Where would the challenge be in death from above if they didn't throw in some ogres? It's an INSANE challenge.

I'll agree with you about the squire skill being crap, that does need to be changed, but the rest is pure bull****. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Simples.

This has to be the most idiotic post i've ever seen...
Destroying what ****ing lore?, ah you mean the lore that trendy themselves has created for their own game that thousands of people enjoy every day?
Where the hell do you see the connection between this and D&D?

Any flying creature can fly backwards just as you can walk backwards, foo'. Stupidest starting point ever.

Hummingbirds are birds that comprise the family Trochilidae. They are among the smallest of birds, most species measuring in the 7.513 cm (35 in) range. Indeed, the smallest extant bird species is a hummingbird, the 5-cm Bee Hummingbird. They can hover in mid-air by rapidly flapping their wings 1290 times per second (depending on the species). They are also the only group of birds able to fly backwards.

this is why we need more moderation... OP is a blatantly obvious troll, yet this goes for 6 pages

I'm having fun showing this guy up, Troll or not. No one is forcing you in here :) Yes, hes an obvious troll. But its so much fun to feed them sometimes. Plus, its funny to see how he responds after being shown up like he has NUMEROUS times in the thread. Good stuff. Moderation would take some of my fun away!

I like the OP's use of icons. Everything he says is completely stupid obviously, but I do like the icons. I've read worse troll posts also.

That being said, this is one of the best games I've ever played and the 1st gaming machine I had was a Texas Instrument console.

1: Ever heard of the Hummingbird? Or Bumble Bees? Both are able to fly backwards. Since dragons are fictional the devs can let them fly backwards too.

2: It's a challenge and it's not like they are hiding things you can't find out by simply starting it.

3: D&D is not the only RPG system in the world. I am playing "The Dark Eye", a P&P RPG with an excellent magic system where I play a Necromancer who is also able to heal his friends with demonic powers of the same demon that raises the dead (not such a big jump from there, I revive dead, why shouldn't I be able to heal living things?) So, broaden your horizon.

4: Yeah... It's called "hard" or "insane"... It's supposed to be hard. Adjust to it.

5: Different mechanics are different. Apps scale extremly well with Towerspeed while it can be harmful for the Huntress to have too much of it. Adjust to it.

6: Whine much?

7: Most of your critique is simple whining about things you are not able to imagine.

Sounds like you are a just terrible player OP.
Maybe this game is not for you.

Go back to World of Warcraft I heard they nerfed every content now and even my dog can do firelands

I would have said a poor effort at trolling but, with 7 pages worth of catches I got to go with nice troll!

Blah blah blah blah. I see nothing of value here but half.... uhhh... half thought out complaints about game logic.

Make your orb game or mod it to be how you want ;)

/fanboi powers activate!