Lets talk about how this game is almost broken.

Also if we're talking about 'useless' class skills, the 'over powered' Huntress darkness trap needs to be improved somehow because there's currently no way to use it effectively.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most of what you described is not a huge deal (to me at least). if this stuff is the what makes you think the game is broken, NEVER play regnum online. you will **** yourself with anger, and that game is free to play. (my character's gear was stolen. no reply to ticket in 11 months & counting).

>f2p

what a shame

I hope you are trolling, this is the worst post in the entire thread.

The game has a humorous approach, and thats great. Until necromancers heal.

Seriously guys, Look at every unit in the game, then look at the necromancer. Tell me to my face they didnt get lazy,

To be honest you're getting way too caught up with this rather minor issue. There are lots of legitimate concerns with class balancing and such. Stick with that. Really. Arguing that necro-healers aren't cannon or whatever isn't helping your case. Stick with actual problems with the gameplay.

-snip-

1. The dragon has never flown backwards for me. I think you're talking about the RNG that determines if he flies left or right after he spawns. If that is something that will completely throw off your Insane Summit solo set up, then all I have to say is you need to re-think your strategy.

2. Challenges not being explained enough? I think the descriptions they've written for the challenges from the map selection in the tavern explains it all well enough. And complaining about the ogres in DFA? They're easy enough to handle if you have a squire or huntress to DPS them all down. (They also mention ogres in the description, I'm starting to think you don't read them.)

3. Go out of your way and just kill them? If you're just leaving them out there to raise the dead and spam mass heals, then you deserve to lose. And just because they happen to do both, screaming OMGBADLORE doesn't justify your complaints about them, you also forgot they shoot fireballs, OMGMAGETOO.

4. I haven't had any experiences while playing challenges that felt like it cheated (Unless TrendyNet/Steam disconnects count). Zippy terror was honestly one of the easiest challenges to complete on Insane with four players.

5. Sure, monks pumping their aura sizes too high might be bad for some maps, but the game isn't forcing you to. Mine only has 88 in that stat and ~120 in tower health/attack, with 100 in attack rate.

6. Can't comment on squire blood rage nerf, because mine is a tower spec. People use the apprentice's right click as a pseudo-manabomb? That's news to me, because I only ever used it as knock-back for things jumping on me or my crystal. Another huntress QQ, I'll just let you go search up the metric ****ton of threads on this already. Your monk "point" is vague. Are you laughing at them being pretty damn amazing when it comes to auras or...?

Also if we're talking about 'useless' class skills, the 'over powered' Huntress darkness trap needs to be improved somehow because there's currently no way to use it effectively.

very true, but this is not 1/2 skills, its a useless trap (1/5). The squires spin etc etc.

I hope you are trolling, this is the worst post in the entire thread.

The game has a humorous approach, and thats great. Until necromancers heal.

Seriously guys, Look at every unit in the game, then look at the necromancer. Tell me to my face they didnt get lazy,

And with that, I say: Guys, disregard everything this joker says. He's a troll. Intentional typos. A guy who can spell necromancers right doesn't forget the apostrophe in "that's".

He makes intentionally antagonistic jabs in posts to get a rise out of people. (This thread and his posts in it.)

He entirely ignores the arguments we have made that have smitten his own, to perpetuate the drama as much as he can.

He's a member here. It's too obvious. His account was created and named solely to make this thread, implying he doesn't already have an account here, but the way he words posts implies he's been a member here awhile.

1. The dragon has never flown backwards for...it cheated (Unless TrendyNet/Steam disconnects count?

1. I assure you, it acts like it will flew into a ballistas trajectory, then it flies backwards slowly for like 10 feet.

2. Oh wow, your excuse is that "it doesnt matter, their easy xD" Yeah, No.

3. ...

4. Yea, which is why with 4 players that all had fully upgraded wolfsteins failed it 4-5 times. Reported for aim botting.

5. The game IS forcing you, to not make your aura monk the way you want to. I want huge auras spamming the map, because I paid for this game, and I want it that way.

6. huntress qq obviously isnt enough, because the squire qq ruined his blood rage permanently. The monk is laughable because 90% of them are aura-only. My friend quit his DPS monk and never looked back.

And with that, I say: Guys, disregard everything this joker says. He's a troll. Intentional typos. A guy who can spell necromancers right doesn't forget the apostrophe in "that's".

He makes intentionally antagonistic jabs in posts to get a rise out of people. (This thread and his posts in it.)

He entirely ignores the arguments we have made that have smitten his own, to perpetuate the drama as much as he can.

He's a member here. It's too obvious. His account was created and named solely to make this thread, implying he doesn't already have an account here, but the way he words posts implies he's been a member here awhile. And nope, this is my first acount here, inspired by the rage this game is giving me today, and all the acumulative rage throughout my time playing it. I have 2 level 70s.

I cant reply to everyone, Im trying. You are right, I wasted my time trolling you when I should have ignored. I should have spent more effort replying to legit posters, IE not you. And its a shame too, I like abes oddworld and usually respect people that like it as well. I probably would have liked you just because of your avatar.

Yes, on Hard and Insane the dragon will fly backwards. It's not like he's glitching out, he has a very specific animation for it, it's another layer of strategy. You got juked, and now you're crying about it. No one feels sorry for you. Get over it.

Necromancers being able to heal and summon means they're extremely dangerous, in the tutorial it's stated that it's your job as a hero class to hunt them down before they overwhelm your defenses. It's not lazy, it's so you don't get lazy.

A letter to you from the community:

I cant reply to everyone, Im trying. You are right, I wasted my time trolling you when I should have ignored. I should have spent more effort replying to legit posters, IE not you. And its a shame too, I like abes oddworld and usually respect people that like it as well. I probably would have liked you just because of your avatar.

Sorry, the only trolls I befriend are those who are pretty good at it.

But I will give you credit, you do better than most people, who think posting goatse = trolling.

Yes, on Hard and Insane the dragon will fly backwards. It's not like he's glitching out, he has a very specific animation for it, it's another layer of strategy. You got juked, and now you're crying about it. No one feels sorry for you. Get over it.

Necromancers being able to heal and summon means they're extremely dangerous, in the tutorial it's stated that it's your job as a hero class to hunt them down before they overwhelm your defenses. It's not lazy, it's so you don't get lazy.

Ah, very wise post. Flying backwards = strategy. Im sorry for "crying", this game just makes me so upset I dont know what to do.

"Necromancers being able to heal and summon means they're" I stopped reading because I knew it was more garbage. Necromancers dont heal. They never heal. They will never heal in any game other than this. Hault maul.

Ah, very wise post. Flying backwards = strategy. Im sorry for "crying", this game just makes me so upset I dont know what to do.

"Necromancers being able to heal and summon means they're" I stopped reading because I knew it was more garbage. Necromancers dont heal. They never heal. They will never heal in any game other than this. Hault maul.

-snip-

The situations I can recall remotely close to what you are complaining about regarding the dragon's flight trajectory is when he sometimes decides to start strafing in front of ballistas and spam his fireballs. He flies sideways while doing so, not backwards.

I wasn't making an excuse for anything because it was, 'lol easy xD", my excuse was that they already explain what you need to be prepared for when you choose challenges from the tavern.

This isn't and will never be a D&D game. You'll just have to get over it. With the modding tools coming out, why don't you go model, texture, animate, and code separate necromancer and priest monsters and submit them to Trendy for inclusion into the game.

You failed it with 4 huntresses? Do your VWs happen to have slow reloads? For my runs I had two DPS apprentices and two huntresses. The apprentices covered the front easily, they just had to sit at the corner of the staircases and autoattack, not having to worry about kobolds sneaking by due to not having to reload a staff.

I don't understand why you could ever need/want auras that big. You could do it, but it wouldn't be optimal because of game limits in place (spawn protection and crystals trolling the placement of over-sized auras), and again nobody is forcing you to have auras that big. You just feel entitled for the nature of the game to shift to your specific needs.

Blood rage ruined permanently? Its numbers were altered through a patch. If you really, really wanted it to be buffed again, go start a non-troll thread about it, and write some angry emails. And about DPS monk, just why? It's meant to be a support hero, attempting to be pure DPS as a monk obviously will not ever result in it being as good as a huntress or squire.

Gonna stop posting now, but 5/10 for getting me to post so much already.

Funny, my necromancer in 3.5 was able to heal quite well. And lets see, a short list of other healing Necros:

Rift - Necro can heal
Guild Wars - Necro can heal
DnD - Necro can heal
Realm of the Mad God - Necro can heal
Diablo 2 - Necro can heal

Yeesh, that was just on page one of my google search for healing necromancers! So much for "never healing in any other game than this".

Fail Troll is Fail! I leave you with this:

[QUOTE]1. Final boss is a dragon with wings. On insane, this dragon, which flies with wings, flies backwards in order to screw up the ballista's shooting him. Could anyone explain to me how something flies backwards? O right, this game sucks.[/QUOTE]Go read more about dragons - and why it's been said that a creature of the size and supposed weight could not even leave the ground in the first place, considering the size of their wings.
There's plenty of aerodynamical explanations out there. That being said - if you're argueing with realism: If a creature has wings, but has been proven uncapable of flying, we're already out in pure fantasy here. If I develop a fantasy creature, I can let it do, whatever I see fit. If I want it to wear a tophat and sing Frank's "My way" while eating popcorn and fart a rainbow - I am very well free to do so. Its a friggin fantasy creature. It's not bound in any way, shape or form to the rules of realism .. or, considering point 3, any other fantasy franchise. And while we're at it comparing the DD Dragon to unrelated other dragons: You do know that dragons are considered rather intelligent, don't you? So what if he keeps some tricks up his sleeve until the battle-hardened "insane difficulty" heroes show up? Like, not casting pearls ('le me can do eet backwards, yay!') before swine ('I r teh level 12 huntress, i'ma shootin teh arrows!')?

[QUOTE]2. Terribly written challenge descriptions, with 100 hidden rules that make the challenges boring when they could have been fun. The chicken cant jump? 2 Priest...necromancers are vulnerable at a time, so that means only 4 will be on map at a time right? Death from above; Super powered wyverns sounds cool, O wait 2-4 ogres per round, HERP DERP DE DERP HEEEEEEERP[/QUOTE]
This here, sorry, simply sounds like "Well, I cannot do the challenges, but i still can derp!". Not much to say about that. Okay, one thing: The npcs in any given game are better than the player. At any given time. They have more health, have more abilities, have more options to use their surroundings to their advantage, hell, sometimes they are koalas that shoot lasers out of their eyes and throw grenades at you while using a jetpack. Its common sense. Giving the npcs the same abilities as the player would make it incredibly easy to defend them. Oh wait, we're talking about "challenges" here. Yeah. Nevermind.

[QUOTE]3. Necromancers are priest. That raise skeletons...then heal everyone around them As someone who has both played as necromancers and D&D related games for a long time, I say this in all honesty, I hope whoever came up with this idea gets fired and becomes so poor they never touch a computer ever again.[/QUOTE]
The only thing, the DD Necromancer has in common with other franchises is - the name. I've seen plenty of "Elves", "Ogres" and "Orks" differing not only in size, but also appearance, capeability, power, history and younameit in more different fantasy-universes that I can't even name them all. Does that make them less of an Elf, Ork or Goblin? No. See pt.1: If I create the creature, its perfectly fine to let them jump through a ring of fire while wearing a wedding dress. My creature, my rules. Agreed, in DnD the Necromancer would be completely out of place and lore-defying. But: This is Dungeon Defenders. Point blown out of the water. Next.

[QUOTE]4. Literally every challenge on hard/insane cheats you in one way or the other. On zippy, the invulnerable kobolds become aggressive with a sight range never seen in the game until this mode.
[/QUOTE]So basically, you say the difficulty is "insane"ly hard? Really? How do I say that best.. *shrugs* ..if you can't stand the heat, don't go near the fire. See pt.2 for details considering the cheating npcs.

[QUOTE]5. Monks are penalized for upgrading their aura expansion. Self explanatory.[/QUOTE]This one, I'd like to see a lowdown about that. The monk in my group is quite the beast using his auras. Thus I do not see where your point comes from. In any case - if you see something that looks odd or out of place, head over to the suggestion forums and make yourself heard. Crunch on some numbers, explain the problem, show facts. And if the developers agree, they may tweak the way aura expansion works in a future update. Note: "if the developers agree" is the important part here. If they see nothing wrong with how it works right now - you're simply out of luck. Apart of that, I never heard many monks complain about it (compared to, say, the truckload of threads talking about the squire and the apprentice).

[QUOTE]6. got his blood rage nerfed yet its his only good skill. The spin skill is such a joke I actually forget its in the game sometimes. I have never seen a squire use this skill in the past 5 days, I am not exagerating. right click and best skill are exactly the same thing, just one is bigger than the other. is OP and you wouldnt dare nerf her speed like you did squires when you ruined his blood rage. lol, I wont even GO thare xD[/QUOTE]
Ah, class skills.
:squire: I agree that the spinning skill of the squire is a tad on the weak side - but then again, the squire is the very one class that has quite impressive towers, can solo just about anything on insane and eats up ogres for breakfast. So I think, ONE less awesome feature is not breaking this (read the forums, even squireplayers agree on that) quite uberpowerful class at all.
:apprentice: Comparing the Manabomb (a skilled one, at best) with the minuscule aoe damage the charge does.. ehr.. ever tried beating 50 enemies to death at once with only the charge aoe? Well.. do that and then try just the same using the Manabomb. See the difference? Yeah. First gets you nowhere but killed, second gets the job done.
:huntress: The little girl has no way other than killing enemies in order to stop them to roflstomp your crystal. So I dare to say: She's fine. Yeah, she may be quite ahead of the others damagewise - but then, once again, if she does not kill the hordes in time, they'd be eating her crystal in no time at all. Anything that comes out of her traps alife is bound to deal damage to it. Meaning the dps-huntress has quite the stressful job, like a dps-monk has as well.
:monk: n/c

[QUOTE]7. This is a pretty good game for $15, but 1-6 is the tip of the iceberg, please try harder, and patch better.[/QUOTE]We've seen quite some patches in the remarkably short time this game is out in the wild. And as far as it seems right now, we're nowhere near finished. I do doubt they will keep up that pace forever, but I also do say they did quite a good job for now. It might take some time, but someday we'll get there. Have a quote: "Change is not a process for the impatient. - Barbara Reinhold" You seem pretty impatient to me.

F.

Post scriptum:
One last thing that bugged me. You DO realize that as soon as someone in here wrote something not to your liking, he or she is called "delusional" and frowned upon? All that while you are the one foaming at his mouth over things just about everyone else is fine with?
And yeah, to all those calling him a troll: You're probably right. But I like writing stuff, so it hasn't been wasted time for me. Even though he probably will decline and one-line everything I wrote, as he did with all the other 'delusional' posters in here. ;)

Funny, my necromancer in 3.5 was able to heal quite well. And lets see, a short list of other healing Necros:

Rift - Necro can heal
Guild Wars - Necro can heal
DnD - Necro can heal
Realm of the Mad God - Necro can heal
Diablo 2 - Necro can heal

What a well thought post with tons of infallible examples.

Would you like to post a youtube video of any of this? I already know the diablo 2 reference is a flat out lie/troll.

edit: Rift is an awful failed mmo, realm of the mad god doesnt deserve a comment, I dont believe you about DnD, probably some 4.2327284 extra cool edition.

Go read more about dragons -

how am I supposed to reply to this when its an essay?

at least you didnt say anything about the monk.

Would you like to post a youtube video of any of this? I already know the diablo 2 reference is a flat out lie/troll.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Life_Tap Uh oh! Thats healing, son!

http://rift.ign.com/wiki/Life_Shift More healing

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Blood_Magic Still more healing

http://forums.wildshadow.com/wiki/realm-mad-god/class-guide-necromancer Realm of the mad god Necro, heals.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Minor_Life_Transfer_(4e_Power) 4th edition DnD, but a necromancer power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons Prior to 3rd edition, healing spells were in the NECROMANCY school. Go figure.

Thats enough for now, I'll find some more later :D

A curse that allows you to melee-vamp back your life as a spell casting class..Yes, Im the troll.

Very nice try friend.

There is no "trying". Thats healing. And you COMPLETELY ignored the other links, which fall into the DIRECT line of healing, since for some reason the life steal doesn't count as healing, even though it gives life back.

Sorry, you've just been served and you don't know how to handle it. Its ok! You will get over this and become a better person! It's ok to be wrong every now and again, Im sure you're used to it!

Have you ever played Baulder's Gate Bro like one of DnD'S jewels of the century. Priest summons mini army of skeletons, heals, and buffs. So one class in DnD lore does everything the MAGE (absolutely no where does it say this char is a necro.)does. There's no way you can say Baulders gate is some hidden cool edition of DND.

Have you ever played Baulder's Gate Bro like one of DnD'S jewels of the century. Priest summons mini army of skeletons, heals, and buffs. So one class in DnD lore does everything the MAGE (absolutely no where does it say this char is a necro.)does. There's no way you can say Baulders gate is some hidden cool edition of DND.

Technically, that kinda trumps his DnD lore argument, since Baldur's Gate is based on a campaign setting for DnD.

But anyway, yeah. The fact people keep bumping this thread depresses me. Can we PLEASE stop giving this failure of a troll the attention he wants?

Even though he probably will decline and one-line everything I wrote[...]
how am I supposed to reply to this when its an essay?

quod erat demonstrandum :cool:

[edit] @ Molluck: scnr ;)