Nerf Elven Assa- Warriors in Insane Only

Title says it all. Why?

1. They are currently aggroing from their spawns. I had a spiffy picture of one running from the top spawn (jumped over all defenses) on Glitterhelm to the middle crystal where I was in a solo game. Unfortunately Steam and DD in conjunction don't seem to recognize the screenshot button. I will gather one later, as this is extremely reproducible. I'm clearly a sexy *****.

*side note: This same Warrior, whilst traveling across the bridge towards me, damaged the top crystal he passed seconds earlier. Not related, so keeping it out of this post, but I still want ya'll (Trendy) to know.*

2. Because they aggro immediately, they dash, gaining 54647587% move speed and immunity to traps. They also ignore pathing from the start by jumping. If you are on Insane, they use the difficulty speed boost in conjunction with dash to reach 1.21 jiggawatts, fly back in time, and push the momma (such a wierd word to censor!) of my choice Hero down a flight of steps, killing me and my towers in the future. **** is OP.

3. They do extremely high [AoE] damage. They have extremely high health. They have extremely high move speed. They have extemely useful utility. Screw Ogres, these guys do everything, but better.

4. They jump behind any setup, including towers with the buddy system, with enough HP to down any tower before (possibly) being killed themselves. This only further invalidates towers and requires that the Hero doing the tower "babysitting" be DPS based. If you are not DPS based, you are useless anyways because they are going to leap from 20 miles out onto your face .0217 seconds before you finish your upgrade.

5. They have 36k HP in Insane Monster Fest. Yea. Blew my pants off, now I'm in the Gibsy club.

6. When they jump, you can't aim at them. To aim at them, I would also have to jump, which I am too much of a Hipster to do.

7. Sometimes, they jump, attack in the air before they land, cancel the attack animation while landing on you, then attack again resulting in a 3 hit combo on me, and consequently, the nearest tiny living creature to me.

8. They have a stupid face.

9. They dash like Assassins, jump like Assassins, attack like Assassins, and kill like Assassins. Why are they called Warriors?

10. Why, on the God's green Etheria, would I ever play a tower character while these guys are in the game? I get to stand there with my Elemental damage weapon, which Murphy's Law says this Assassin will be immune to, while said Asssassin clears my entire line of Towers in about 2 seconds, kills me in about 5, then takes the money out of my wallet (including my Olive Garden coupon), then eats my sandwich out of the company fridge, then drives to my girlfriend's house and takes her, then backflips into a combo and grinds my damn crystal into powder which he snorts and becomes some sort of super rage inducing God Elf. Meanwhile, the traps are all, "WHAT WARRIOR?! OHGODIMOUTOFCHARGES *poof*" and the slow auras are all, "I JUST CAN'T DEW-IT CAPTAIN! I DON'T HAVE THE POWAIR!" and the DPS is across the map all like, "I'M GONNA GUARD THIS AREA YOU ALREADY HAVE LOCKED DOWN!"

But seriously, these guys are nuts. At least fix the aggroing from spawn issue. I'll deal with the rest as long as they aren't making a b-line for my face from inside the spawn. (This issue is causing Wizards to leave the spawn and fireball the nearest crystal anyways)

Actually, screw it. I stopped caring about 3 sentences ago, but since I've taken the time to write this, I'm posting it anyways. Now, to find the Submit New Thread button...

Funniest. Post. Ever.
Seriously, my girl's like, "who the hell are you texting this late that makes you laugh like that?!"
Almost got me in trouble.

Don't forget they Super Mario Stomp the crap out of your head (thats just annoying) and can change directions to a rediculous degree midair (I've had one jump towards me so I side step and he just changes diretions in the air and homes in on my face).

this is the funniest thing i've read in ages. it took me 10 minutes to get through #2 because i was laughing to hard to read.

also:
Don't forget they Super Mario Stomp the crap out of your head (thats just annoying) and can change directions to a rediculous degree midair (I've had one jump towards me so I side step and he just changes diretions in the air and homes in on my face).

instead of being called "warriors" or "assassins", they should be called "organic face-homing missiles of doom". because basically that's what they do. And that's not even including their knack for attacking you at the exact ****ing second you are trying to finish your upgrade.

/agree

Reading this at work is a terrible idea because EVERYONE wonders how you could be laughing so much at work.

10. Why, on the God's green Etheria, would I ever play a tower character while these guys are in the game? I get to stand there with my Elemental damage weapon, which Murphy's Law says this Assassin will be immune to, while said Asssassin clears my entire line of Towers in about 2 seconds, kills me in about 5, then takes the money out of my wallet (including my Olive Garden coupon), then eats my sandwich out of the company fridge, then drives to my girlfriend's house and takes her, then backflips into a combo and grinds my damn crystal into powder which he snorts and becomes some sort of super rage inducing God Elf. Meanwhile, the traps are all, "WHAT WARRIOR?! OHGODIMOUTOFCHARGES *poof*" and the slow auras are all, "I JUST CAN'T DEW-IT CAPTAIN! I DON'T HAVE THE POWAIR!" and the DPS is across the map all like, "I'M GONNA GUARD THIS AREA YOU ALREADY HAVE LOCKED DOWN!"

lololololololololol.
i'm laughinh so hard xD

I agree, btw...

HAHAHAHHAAHHAA *keep laughing*

I agree, these guys are so annoying. And I also think their face is stupid. Something needs to be done about them.

I can live with their ugly faces as long as they become less annoying.

There fine. Assassins are weak in anything but insane and insane is supposed to be well....insane. I have no issues solo-ing any map on insane so... heres are the golden tips:
- Make sure assassins agro you and not your defenses
- Get a good fully upped animus
- Always keep moving so they dont land on you

For Monk - Uses hero buff and keep it at max melee range so it doesnt hit you
For apprentice - Walk back use ranged attack
For Squire - Either do damage with the help of an animus or simply block the damage while animus oes everything.
For huntress- walk back pew pew.

It's a bit hard to do anything to react to them when they kill you before you even know they are there and laughing as they run off to your towers.

BTW: To take a screenshot of the map in steam using F12, you need to let go of shift and press F12 before the map disappears. It's a bit silly I know, but the reason the screenshot doesn't work is because F12 is the screenshot key, not shift+F12 :(

"2. Because they aggro immediately, they dash, gaining 54647587% move speed and immunity to traps. They also ignore pathing from the start by jumping. If you are on Insane, they use the difficulty speed boost in conjunction with dash to reach 1.21 jiggawatts, fly back in time, and push the momma (such a wierd word to censor!) of my choice Hero down a flight of steps, killing me and my towers in the future. **** is OP."

Completely lost my ****. Would ready again.

Amusing post.

- Make sure assassins agro you and not your defenses

I disagree with this 100%. My best plan of action for warrior-assassins on a tower toon is to be nowhere near assassins to begin with. If they don't aggro on the hero, defenses get the job done every time. It's only when I'm somewhere in the vicinity of their face-radar that they hop over and b-line for me, and if I happen to be unfortunate enough to die they turn back and kill defenses from behind.

Then again, I'm never on a tower toon late enough in the waves for them to become a problem. =P

Archion, I do agree that since I have a pretty good Animus, the Warriors have become less of an issue for me than they were before.

As psychotic as an assassin on insane that's spotted someone is, if you can survive the initial burst a maxed animus will get rid of them, regardless of their element.

They mean that no characters who are only tower spec can exist in an insane round, though, while they are in it. Unless you give up your pet slot for a damage animus rather than a tower pet.

Or you're a super hybrid with 110's in hero stats, 150's in important tower stats and at least 80% of all resists.

I would personally like to see assassins not able to spawn with immunity's, much like ogres..... Maybe at the very least half immunity's?

Real players call them ninja's because they are some sneaky *******s and you are dead before you saw them most the time. On halloween map usually on last wave the last like 20 are all ninja's from the pumkin on the roof i love to charge in yelling FFFFF YOOOUUU NINJAS!