King Trabs

300k Reached! New Challenge Maps?

Posted (edited)

We finally hit our 300k goal. What kind of challenges do we wanna see? I personally loved the protect the ogre challenge, assault maps, plus moving and warping core. The rewards are weak but they are fun to get. 

Edited by King Trabs
  • Like 2

all i care about is that the challenge maps have our current level so if we are on nightmare level the challenge maps should be harder too but dropping the gear at our current level.

I loved the Unlikely ALies challenge as well, wasnt too keen on those no tower ones esp Zippy Terror that I dubbed the Impossible challenge xd, well felt impossible to solo anyways. The assualt ones were pretty fun too( I enlisted my sons help for those hehe). I would also like to see more of the warping core challenges as they forced you to rethink how you build your map to account for all the places the crystal could be. the moving core challenges were not as fun though as you could just stand on the crystal all map and shoot.  I wasnt as keen with the treasure hunt.present delivery ones running around and picking up stuff didnt add challenge to me just frustration. It would be nice though if whatever challenges they bring in actually give you rewards with using for the difficulty you are completing them in and not outclassed by general farming elsewhere.

• Like 1

From the OG Game, I loved the assault maps, the warping core was interesting. Boss rush was enjoyed but got dull after farming it too much.

I would love the see hero-limited maps where you can only use a select a pool of 1-3 heroes or a limited number. 

• Like 1

Going to copy and paste this here as well.  I feel like a few of the stretch goals in the kickstarter are poorly designed.

How do we know the value of the following stretch goals?

• Challenge Maps
  • New Enemy and Map
  • Bonus Boss Fights

They're essentially meaningless without releasing finalized information on the game before the kickstarter, otherwise you can turn around and say "these two maps are because the kickstarter was successful." even if they were planned from the start.  How can I get excited about unlocking more content when I don't know what content there was to begin with?

If you said there are going to be 15 challenge maps, 20 enemy types, 18 base maps and 3 boss fights.  Stretch goals unlock 2 more challenge maps, 1 new enemy and map, and 2 more boss fights, then there's something to go off of... An easy example is a lot of boardgame kickstarters.  I've backed a few that clearly show you unlock more cards/characters if it's more successful (example).  I clearly know what I get from the stretch goals.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gotrunks712 said:

Going to copy and paste this here as well.  I feel like a few of the stretch goals in the kickstarter are poorly designed.

How do we know the value of the following stretch goals?

• Challenge Maps
  • New Enemy and Map
  • Bonus Boss Fights

They're essentially meaningless without releasing finalized information on the game before the kickstarter, otherwise you can turn around and say "these two maps are because the kickstarter was successful." even if they were planned from the start.  How can I get excited about unlocking more content when I don't know what content there was to begin with?

If you said there are going to be 15 challenge maps, 20 enemy types, 18 base maps and 3 boss fights.  Stretch goals unlock 2 more challenge maps, 1 new enemy and map, and 2 more boss fights, then there's something to go off of... An easy example is a lot of boardgame kickstarters.  I've backed a few that clearly show you unlock more cards/characters if it's more successful (example).  I clearly know what I get from the stretch goals.

You DO know everything is planned from the start already right? The stretch goals is basically for getting them ready for release by adding more people to making the game.

• Like 1

Yh I guess more clarity about what we are gna get would be great, but it is super early and we will obviously get more info as time goes on.

Personally I really hope 350k is reached, in the description they say 'you thought nightmare was hard? Pfft' . Really curious as to what they're gna do with massacre difficulty.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, gnollmar said:

You DO know everything is planned from the start already right? The stretch goals is basically for getting them ready for release by adding more people to making the game.

You must have missed my entire point.  Even if they do have everything planned from the start, the community whom they are asking for funding know nothing about it.  It isn't finalized, otherwise why not tell the community?  It's a big oversight to not even say the number of maps included in the game at release and then say, but if you give us more money, you'll have 1 more.

I honestly think the reason they haven't said is because it's all dependent on development time.  How long it takes to do various steps in development is going to influence how many maps, challenges, etc. are in the game at launch.  Yes more funding may mean they can hire more people to work on it, but it's not a measurable stretch goal by any means.  They aren't saying that if we reach stretch goal X, then the map Glitterhelm Caverns will be in the game at launch, otherwise it will be after release.

I'm not saying don't support the game.  I'm just saying it's poor design for a kickstarter and means I likely won't be upgrading my pledge like I was debating.

Edited by gotrunks712

We have a minimal plan, but it most likely won't end up being accurate.  We're still ramping up on our speed with the new tools and equipment so our estimates and scoping are conservative. 

Odds are that we'll get better at developing as we go along, and hopefully be able to deliver more than what we initially expected.  Hopefully all goes well and we overdeliver on everyone's expectations, but we have to be careful about when we start to get into specifics and amounts of content at this point.  That's why we're starting with more nebulous categories of stretch goals. 

Maybe the New Challenge Maps are two maps, maybe it ends up being four... We won't really know until we're a little further into our production.

We want to be more specific with you guys, but we want to be sure first.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Longer survival maps /w like 50+ waves or bosses in between. This also means that when Massacre difficulty flex is hit we should see an upgrade to the max 3-star upgrade to towers. That would be totally epic. Grinding for that 1 perfect ult++ piece :D