Drithe

How do you stop your defense from being frozen?

I think 100% Tenacity or automation would but its more about acting fast to unfreeze them. Granted time wise some lanes dont grant much time to unfreeze.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Drithe said:

On level 89 onslaught . They freeze my auras. How to stop it?

Light the braziers and this will remove the freeze from your defenses. Keep them lit. Your hero must have burning strikes shard or oil effect and fire damage. You can use oil chip and fire damage attacks to ignite the torches.

But nothing stops it. No matter what the frost dragon will freeze your lanes and they remain frozen until you relight the torches.

I wish they never added this feature to onslaught. Dd2 did not need a mandatory torch lighting mechanic in the game. Dd2 was fine without it.

But whatever, lane freezing frost dragon is in onslaught and AP grind and it's unavoidable and it's annoying and there is no workaround, and that's it... until they remove it... which I hope they do... for the love of Etheria

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone
  • Like 1

Are you talking about DragonKeep map? ( Dragon freezes stuff) or are you talking about Frost Orcs??

for DragonKeep anything that has 100% Tenacity C8 Level will not freeze, same with any D that has the HyperShard Automation.

For Frost Orcs they have an Aura that freezes everything once they get close to something.

I recommend Fissures with a 10 Range Servo and a Gilded Deadly Strikes among with an anti Orc Servo.

I also have Anti Orc on my Flame Auras as well. Throw Down a WM with Range and a FA or Fissure and maybe an EarthShatter for funzies and that lane won’t bother you. 😄👍🏻

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gcstephen13 said:

Are you talking about DragonKeep map? ( Dragon freezes stuff) or are you talking about Frost Orcs??

for DragonKeep anything that has 100% Tenacity C8 Level will not freeze, same with any D that has the HyperShard Automation.

For Frost Orcs they have an Aura that freezes everything once they get close to something.

I recommend Fissures with a 10 Range Servo and a Gilded Deadly Strikes among with an anti Orc Servo.

I also have Anti Orc on my Flame Auras as well. Throw Down a WM with Range and a FA or Fissure and maybe an EarthShatter for funzies and that lane won’t bother you. 😄👍🏻

Floor 89 is frost keep

I think they need to take frostkeep out of onslaught . I like playing just using my towers, I hate the draagonlord .

• Like 3

Put burning strikes on a range guy. You can pre-light braziers up to approx. 10 seconds before they get frozen. I can usually have 2 lit before the dragon freezes them. 

As others have mentioned 10/10 Tenacity at C8 keeps them from freezing to the dragon.  Frost orcs will continue to be an issue, so I use Ramsters on those lanes.  Their range is sufficient to avoid the Frost Orc freeze aura.

As for Frost Orcs, they're a bit different than other sources of freeze.  They add 25% freeze to nearby towers.  4 of them will completely stop your defenses.  

17 minutes ago, jaden198 said:

As others have mentioned 10/10 Tenacity at C8 keeps them from freezing to the dragon.  Frost orcs will continue to be an issue, so I use Ramsters on those lanes.  Their range is sufficient to avoid the Frost Orc freeze aura.

As for Frost Orcs, they're a bit different than other sources of freeze.  They add 25% freeze to nearby towers.  4 of them will completely stop your defenses.  

100% Defense Rate deals with frsot orcs

Posted (edited)

You may have to be more specific, because there are 2 different freezing mechanics which require different solutions.

First is the debuff applied by Drakenfrost, The Drakenlord, and the Yeti's snowballs. You can work around this with 100% tenacity or the automation shard. Conversely, at least on the Drakenfrost map, keeping the torches lit will solve it, too.

Second, Frost Orcs have a seperate freezing debuff that harshly cuts the attack rate of any nearby towers just by them standing near it. Sadly, Tenacity does not prevent this, but you can work around it by either equipping a gilded defense rate shard AND a perfect attack rate mod at the same time, or by using towers that kill them with fire damage before they enter debuff range (I use fissures with defense range/anti melee/anti frost, and they work wonders even well into the hundreds).

I'm not sure which debuff was giving you issues, but this should cover any frost related issues you might have. Good luck.

Edited by Thorgonator
Typo
  • Like 2