Sign in to follow this  
J360

LAG - When will you fix?

The lag is rendering the game unplayable.
Most levels are OK but It is especially bad on the lost temple - every time.

It has gotten progressively worse after the last few server maintenance's.

What is going on, will it be fixed, has this issue even been acknowledged?

Kind Regards  

J360

• Like 2

The temple is killing this game for me, the lag is unbearable I just quit out of level 154 after 4 waves of 1~10fps "action" with the damn level stuttering along with randomly teleporting bosses- you just sit there with the kill counter still stuck on 1000+ enemies and then bloop your down to 50 with 3 assassins on you and the cannon ogre you were waiting to kill is suddenly the other side of the level one shotting the core.

Then the high roller lane opens up😭 I tried once but after attacking the first roller for a good 30 seconds with out it's health changing whilst it morphed through the defenses in front of it (it was probably long dead at that point) something killed me and after the respawn the core went down eventually and I switched off the PS4. 

I'd rather play Drakenfrost keep every floor 4 and 9 than the temple at least I can actually play that map and it runs fine, the temple always has massive lag and high chance of crashing after wave 4 if the enemy counter gets up around the 1000 mark.

It was an interesting design concept and when it runs fine on lower floors it is fun challenge  but it has serious issues and it's never really been fixed... Maybe reduce it to 3 waves and omega on 4  to reduce the strain that more lanes and enemies seem to bring .  Then if it crashes I've wasted less time anyway getting to that point 😣

• Like 1

I hope what ever dev support they have left on DD2 can look at fixing it or toning it down so it's playable as it's flattened my motivation to continue climbing as it's a roll of the dice if you progress rather than any kind of skill or defense power... you either get through the lag to omega wave or it crashes😠.

I am well aware that Path of Exile is due out next week and DDA in October so the temple's performance issues may well be the nail in the coffin for DD2 for me if nothing changes.

Maybe they should do a kick-starter for some new servers of to fund some actual support and bug fixing?

I'm glad that by the sound of things DDA can be played completely offline.  Lag and crashing have been the main problem with DD2 and halted my progression repeatedly... back in the bad old 3 map per floor onslaught it was nearly impossible to string 3 maps together without some kind of crash or DC and then it got better until the DR update hit and that brought more of the same until it was fixed but it's always been there and is getting more prevalent again on higher floors.