Sign in to follow this  
King Trabs

Closed Beta and Release

No one does, as the game has not been fully made yet. I doubt CG will lock themselves into any date yet. Best i could say is sometime before Oct, since that is the proposed go-live date, although they are not handcuffed to that date either as many Kickstarter projects go past the dates given. I'd rather wait longer for a better product though.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, anotherengineer said:

Any update on this?

Still the same as Jaws has said so far, Beta before release and release will be sometime in Oct. Both of those dates can be moved back if the project has to be delayed for any reason.

• Like 1

At this point, unless they move the release date back it looks as though the beta will be a pro forma thing to satisfy their kickstarter obligation rather than an attempt to get actual feedback and make changes to the game based upon it.

The end of Octobor is 2 months away.  I'm not sure two months is long enough to actually utilize player input.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not.

34 minutes ago, Andurian said:

At this point, unless they move the release date back it looks as though the beta will be a pro forma thing to satisfy their kickstarter obligation rather than an attempt to get actual feedback and make changes to the game based upon it.

The end of Octobor is 2 months away.  I'm not sure two months is long enough to actually utilize player input.  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's not.

I am guessing you are unaware the release has been put back to February next year. The beta will be from early November so still leaves plenty time for feedback. From what they said it will be a very limited beta content wise, but not sure how long it will actually last for yet at the moment.

• Like 4

from the last Devstream:
Beta in Early November
Release in February 2020

Release will have a console exclusive for Switch, so Xbox and PS4 will get it 2 weeks to 2 months later. Pc isn't a console so will get it at the same time as Switch.

We will be doing a PC beta sometime in November, more information will come over the next 2 months. We are serious about the beta because we are making this game for you (the community) and your feedback is what is going to make/break this game. Switch/PC release will be in February with the other 2 consoles following shortly after. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cg_kyled said:

We are serious about the beta because we are making this game for you

Can't wait to break everything you all put your blood sweat and tears into :classic_wink:

• Haha 3

Sign in to follow this