On 3/24/2019 at 6:53 PM, Tigorus said:

Defender Medal cap increase confirmed!!!...:gwderp:

Oh 1200 DM each :o

Damn,that's awsome :)

Edited by Zombina
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Whoa, that definitely did not cross my mind there! ;)

"1200" price and "1" for each. Pretty reasonable haha! Let's see!

:juicy:

yeah  that look like a good balance :) not too hard not too easy . and  that's just 2 weeks doing maps + dailies or more weeks .

But i wonder why all 1200 each lol , there are a lot of "useless shards" we don't even use with the current setup . We have destruction,defense rate and vampirirc empowerement/deadly strikes in the shop,the rest is pretty useless except some towers like : PDT,ES,etc

I don't see myself paying 1200 DM for a defense crit dmg shard lol . the rare shards and common shards should have separate prices like 750-1000 , not more .

There is that shard : Dragon Stance for monk,I don't see that one for 1200 for sure .

This is way too much for a shard with almost no use atm since we have crane stance doing the big job right now,that one yes I agree 1200 is a good price. ragon would be more like 800-900 . But yeah whatever they decide,It doesn't bother me but that would be much better if each shards had their own prices set by their rarity and drop rate

Edited by Zombina
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zombina said:

yeah  that look like a good balance :) not too hard not too easy . and  that's just 2 weeks doing maps + dailies or more weeks .

But i wonder why all 1200 each lol , there are a lot of "useless shards" we don't even use with the current setup . We have destruction,defense rate and vampirirc empowerement/deadly strikes in the shop,the rest is pretty useless except some towers like : PDT,ES,etc

I don't see myself paying 1200 DM for a defense crit dmg shard lol . the rare shards and common shards should have separate prices like 750-1000 , not more .

If I were to guess, possibly for balance? Suppose some updates could happen to buff some of the shard to a much higher degree of usefulness.

For example, before Protean Shift when defenses were relying on crit heavily, Defense Crit Damage and Power Transfer were the meta shards, the jewels. Post-Protean Shift, when defense power was brought back up to the main stat, Destruction became king. Of course Destruction was already also a meta shard back then but it's now even more heavily prized. However, while DCD is still useful to a certain degree, Power Transfer was reduced into near-nothingness (to my knowledge).

Well, maybe the price could be adjusted with rarity tiers? I remember back then, if I'm not mistaken, not all shards were "legendary".

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

If I were to guess, possibly for balance? Suppose some updates could happen to buff some of the shard to a much higher degree of usefulness.

For example, before Protean Shift when defenses were relying on crit heavily, Defense Crit Damage and Power Transfer were the meta shards, the jewels. Post-Protean Shift, when defense power was brought back up to the main stat, Destruction became king. Of course Destruction was already also a meta shard back then but it's now even more heavily prized. However, while DCD is still useful to a certain degree, Power Transfer was reduced into near-nothingness (to my knowledge).

Well, maybe the price could be adjusted with rarity tiers? I remember back then, if I'm not mistaken, not all shards were "legendary".

yeah thats true but they could just set a price rn for the rare stuff then put a lower price for the rest . If they decide to make changes to the game they can change later .

defense critical dmg and chance are not hard to find,I wouldn't see that as a 1200 DM shard but more likely 900-1k.

Having everything to 1200 make kinda the big stuff look bad,especially when they are so rare to get . The price should be based on rarity, not utility (like you said CD and CC were the king before now it's defense . But now and before there is an huge gap,so better put the rare stuff at 1200 and the rest at low price . 

Edited by Zombina

What's rare to you might not be rare to someone else. It is after all RNG. For the longest time it was a dryad shard for me not rate or anything else could not get one for months.

1 hour ago, uzar said:

What's rare to you might not be rare to someone else. It is after all RNG. For the longest time it was a dryad shard for me not rate or anything else could not get one for months.

Yeah but right now,it's defense rate people need the most so it's rare ! the number of time it take to find one is very sad .

5 hours ago, Zombina said:

Yeah but right now,it's defense rate people need the most so it's rare ! the number of time it take to find one is very sad .

And Prior to Protean Shift people threw away Def Rate shards like they were the worst shard in the game. If they adjusted prices based on what was the most used shard then they would have to go through the list each time they did anything. Its just not a viable way to do it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Exglint said:

And Prior to Protean Shift people threw away Def Rate shards like they were the worst shard in the game. If they adjusted prices based on what was the most used shard then they would have to go through the list each time they did anything. Its just not a viable way to do it.

It is,look at the monk shards,we have a lot of shards that we don't even use at the moment : Cluster Nades,Smashing Fists,Power of storms etc . You're talking about old updates,it's the past,we live in the present now,defense rate shard and mod are now the most useful combo . what's the point to put same price for everything when the most useful and rare ones are so annoying to get in-game . You grind hours and days,meanwhile the list of shards I quoted as examples are so easy to get that I can make 4-5 Gilded of them ....Meanwhile I get nothing of defense rate . It's your opinion to say they are not viable but think about that . Why we have a list of shards we won't even use anymore when the shard vendor comes out? People just need to watch Juicebags videos on youtube and they have an idea of what to build .I don't think in a near future they will nerf defense rate because at the moment the bonus from it is very good (According to what my friend Mini told me,Overcapped Attack rate on a tower prevent orcs from freezing it) . So defense rate can't be the worst shard in game . it's the most useful right now .  you get a gilded defense rate shard then you save a mod slot to make your towers even more powerful . and you push floors up to 900+ .

I'm just saying the "meta" shards, as people like to call them, change constantly. Right now lets take any shard that isn't used at all, so Power of Storms. Right now basically no one uses it, so they price it at 10 DM because of that fact. Then we will fast forward to December and they decide to rebalance shards, they make Power of Storms super awesome and it becomes highly used by everyone. Now they have to go in and increase its price to 5k DM because of that change.

Simple it was one shard and took almost no time, assuming their change was viewed by them as meta shifting. If they guessed the change would have minimal effect and changed its price to 50 DM but it ended up being best in slot now they just under sold the best shard in the game (For heroes). On the other hand they guess it will be best in slot so they set its price to 5k DM and it ends up being still very bad then everyone will question why.

That's only one shard, you are talking about revising every single shard in the game every time they change anything. This has to be done even if they opt not to change price because every shard then has to be reviewed. Keep in mind they changed a gilded Destruction by 1%, literally 1%, and it made a huge impact on my FA build using Encroaching Flames. I had 300k more dps with EC then that 1% made Destruction better by 500k dps. That means altering the price of two shards because of a tiny 1% change they did to one of them.

Then you have to pull in another factor, they will have to guess everything we do before we do it. Chromatic never thought we would make it to floor 999 and see that it does end. Marcos got there and it made them have to revamp the way floors scale. Now they figure with much faster scaling there's no possible way we do it again. Then they had to put in an HP wall to stop several players from doing just that. This change didn't even stop them, they were still moving forward just much much slower.

Everything we could possibly do has to be predicted with complete 100% accuracy for them to change prices ahead of time anytime they change something based on how we might or might not use it. With only a few people working on the game now that's a lot of time spent guessing just to please those who want modular prices based on use prior to being used.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Exglint said:

I'm just saying the "meta" shards, as people like to call them, change constantly. Right now lets take any shard that isn't used at all, so Power of Storms. Right now basically no one uses it, so they price it at 10 DM because of that fact. Then we will fast forward to December and they decide to rebalance shards, they make Power of Storms super awesome and it becomes highly used by everyone. Now they have to go in and increase its price to 5k DM because of that change.

Simple it was one shard and took almost no time, assuming their change was viewed by them as meta shifting. If they guessed the change would have minimal effect and changed its price to 50 DM but it ended up being best in slot now they just under sold the best shard in the game (For heroes). On the other hand they guess it will be best in slot so they set its price to 5k DM and it ends up being still very bad then everyone will question why.

That's only one shard, you are talking about revising every single shard in the game every time they change anything. This has to be done even if they opt not to change price because every shard then has to be reviewed. Keep in mind they changed a gilded Destruction by 1%, literally 1%, and it made a huge impact on my FA build using Encroaching Flames. I had 300k more dps with EC then that 1% made Destruction better by 500k dps. That means altering the price of two shards because of a tiny 1% change they did to one of them.

Then you have to pull in another factor, they will have to guess everything we do before we do it. Chromatic never thought we would make it to floor 999 and see that it does end. Marcos got there and it made them have to revamp the way floors scale. Now they figure with much faster scaling there's no possible way we do it again. Then they had to put in an HP wall to stop several players from doing just that. This change didn't even stop them, they were still moving forward just much much slower.

Everything we could possibly do has to be predicted with complete 100% accuracy for them to change prices ahead of time anytime they change something based on how we might or might not use it. With only a few people working on the game now that's a lot of time spent guessing just to please those who want modular prices based on use prior to being used.

Yeah but until they decide to rework everything else which im not sure gonna be a thing because the slow update we will have now , doesnt change the fact the same price on all shard is just making no sense . Anyway i see ur point

Edited by Zombina

I thought the point of having a shard vendor is to negate the RNG that's making the shards ''rare".

Also, I forgot to add the factor on Campaign Shards and Chaos VII shards are quite (over?)saturated the way I'm see it due to the way we progress. We spent a lot of time at C7 Onslaught and Expeditions (I think) always gives us campaign shards aside from their respective difficulty. So that factor also contributed to the rareness of the other tiers,

I'm perfectly fine with all the shard priced the same. If sorting which shard should be priced takes a lot of time, perhaps those time are better spent providing better content or design fixes. I guess we'll see what CG does. Again, I'm just thankful we don't need to rely on RNG anymore :) 

• Like 2