MrPeterPFL

Shard Vendor Teaser!

New Shard Vendor Teaser, super excited! 
So far no release date for it but I'm hoping it will be late April or early May.

Lets breakdown this picture (All of this is speculation so I could possibly be wrong). 

Observing the background image, It looks like you go to the Knight or the Old Lady and then this menu pops up. From the top you have different tabs Campaign > Chaos I > Chaos 2 etc. Notice that it still says "The pack contains 5 random Chaos IV Shards"

Possible outcome:

Select Shard: Defence Rate + 5 Randomly selected Shards in Chaos IV = Your Purchase Pack.

Select Shard: Defence Power + 5 Randomly selected Shards in Chaos I = Your Purchase Pack. etc.

On the Top Right you can see a tab for Chaos VIII, is it possible to purchase Chaos VIII Shard Packs or will that section only be Chaos VIII Shard Dust crafting? 

They're still discussing what currency but it's most likely going to be Defender Medals. If this new mechanic is replacing the old Random Shard Pack then it could possibly have the same price, 500 Defender Medals or 125 Gems. But because this allows you to select a Shard they could bump up the price to 1000? but I wouldn't go any higher that.

on the top left they have a Search Bar to search the shards, seems dope.

This is all speculation, I could be wrong  

Shard Vendor.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I really hope we are not buying packs, and just RNG hoping that the shard we want is in that pack. Whole point of wanting the vendor at all was to get the specific shard we want, and hopefully at a cost that is realistic to our needs. Most of all, i hope the devs differentiate between the costs of shards we only need ten of (most hero shards) versus shards that we will need 60-100 of (the Big 3). Not all shards are equally wanted (in effectiveness), or equally needed (in quantity). 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrPeterPFL said:

Lets breakdown this picture (All of this is speculation so I could possibly be wrong).

I would also note that the "Chaos IV Shard Pack" option appears to be highlighted, which could possibly indicate that you have the option to purchase 5 random shards or one specific shard.  

Another thing to note is that the window displaying the shards is titled "Available Items", which makes me think that every shard displayed can be purchased.

Also, I believe that they said, on a stream, that CVIII shards will be purchasable but that the CVIII shards wont be available for purchase when the system is initially implemented.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MrPeterPFL said:

Possible outcome:

Select Shard: Defence Rate + 5 Randomly selected Shards in Chaos IV = Your Purchase Pack.

Select Shard: Defence Power + 5 Randomly selected Shards in Chaos I = Your Purchase Pack. etc.

On the Top Right you can see a tab for Chaos VIII, is it possible to purchase Chaos VIII Shard Packs or will that section only be Chaos VIII Shard Dust crafting? 

No,the shards pack is still a thing,all others shards you see are the list of shards Purchasable for each chaos tier with their own price(The price are not fixed yet) .

Example : If defense rate shard cost 1k DM each,then 10 would be 10k DM (+ the original price for gilding = 12k DM or 10k DM + 2m gold)

The chaos VIII shard pack as well contain shars from chaos VIII,there is no shard dust trading in that shop .

Shard dust will still be a thing adding more rng to find what we look for as well grinding shard on map . you can mostly buy 1 shard a day assuming the prices won't be very high .

They're still discussing what currency but it's most likely going to be Defender Medals. If this new mechanic is replacing the old Random Shard Pack then it could possibly have the same price, 500 Defender Medals or 125 Gems. But because this allows you to select a Shard they could bump up the price to 1000? but I wouldn't go any higher that.

The Shards pack are still 500 DM each,nothing gonna change about the price because its RNG .

500 Defender medal each shard is what I think would be a minimum good price but with the time it would take to farm we can expect 500-1000 each shards. They will be more expensive because it's direct purchase and there is no RNG .

125 gems is way too low,people spending money on the game will have no issues gilding their shards . expect something like 200+

on the top left they have a Search Bar to search the shards, seems dope.

How it is dope,it help  a lot to find the shard we're looking for and buy directly other than having to scroll each different tiers and get lost .

Edited by Zombina

16 hours ago, Zombina said:

How it is dope,it help  a lot to find the shard we're looking for and buy directly other than having to scroll each different tiers and get lost . 

Dope means good/ awesome :D

16 hours ago, Zombina said:

125 gems is way too low,people spending money on the game will have no issues gilding their shards . expect something like 200+ 

You do know each Shard Pack cost 500 DM or 125 gems. 

I never said they're replacing Shard Dust, I said "replacing the old Random Shard Pack mechanic" 

Let me summarise what I am saying:

You purchase a random shard pack (Chaos IV) which contains 5 random shards (5 Chaos IV Shards) + your Selected Shard (Defence Rate). 

It's like the old mechanic but adding your selected shard.

It's possible each price may vary in price, but it also sounds like a lot of effort to accomplish. Are you suggesting each Shard has a tier of pricing? e.g. Defence Rate = 1000 DM? Dark Torment = 800DM? Defence Crit = 700 DM?

On 3/19/2019 at 6:45 AM, MrPeterPFL said:

You do know each Shard Pack cost 500 DM or 125 gems. 

I never said they're replacing Shard Dust, I said "replacing the old Random Shard Pack mechanic" 

Let me summarise what I am saying:

You purchase a random shard pack (Chaos IV) which contains 5 random shards (5 Chaos IV Shards) + your Selected Shard (Defence Rate). 

It's like the old mechanic but adding your selected shard.

It's possible each price may vary in price, but it also sounds like a lot of effort to accomplish. Are you suggesting each Shard has a tier of pricing? e.g. Defence Rate = 1000 DM? Dark Torment = 800DM? Defence Crit = 700 DM? 

Yes,many shards are "Useless" . And since we are getting what we want,why does even every shards hve the same price .

They won't change the old shard system because it's less expensive than the current shard of our choice .

It's mostly because of the RNG . I  bought  a shard pack a couple days ago (Chaos III) , I got 3 Deadly Strikes shards . So yeah the RNG is still present . It's kinda sad I don't even use deadly strikes anymore ,  I have 20+ arround but since I'm high level I use vampiric empowerement instead with range from ascension and ancient power.

My point  is shard pack is still useful .

your suggestion would be nice but you must count the  price of the pack + the shard itself .

Well ,to be honest , Rolling an item to 10/10 is  lot of work , farming 7500 DM + for legendary pets is a lot of  work .

So yes giving a fair price for selected shards is the way to go because they will make the game more grindy,at least you see  your goal "I  want that shard" !!!

I farmed months and I on't even have the shards I want so yes,no matter the  price they gonna be ,im glad,I am ready for it !

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm actually just glad we could buy specific shards now. Personally I think 1000 medals for a shard is the max they can go for. Anything number beyond just seems ridiculous. Ideally, I would love 250 meds but I'm still ok with 750 either.

Still, again I'm just glad that "rolling the dice" aspect will be heavily reduced. Having to rely on RNG to be decently geared isn't fun.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hailminion said:

U better save up for that 12001-DM super shard Zombie:juicy:

That's 1 month for 12k DM=2 gilded shard each months (Ez) . I have 10k right now,I spend 2k for buy hero slots for not waste the 2k additional DM,don't worry the time the update appear,i'll have 20 hero slots and 12k DM ready for 2 gilded defense rate ♥

1 hour ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I would love 250 meds but I'm still ok with 750 either.

Still, again I'm just glad that "rolling the dice" aspect will be heavily reduced. Having to rely on RNG to be decently geared isn't fun.

I wanted 250 too but the devs don't wanna mke it too easy . we still farm but now I have a reason to "Go back to shard farming",I never have chance,now im happy !

Edited by Zombina
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zombina said:

That's 1 month for 12k DM=2 gilded shard each months (Ez) . I have 10k right now,I spend 2k for buy hero slots for not waste the 2k additional DM,don't worry the time the update appear,i'll have 20 hero slots and 12k DM ready for 2 gilded defense rate ♥

I wanted 250 too but the devs don't wanna mke it too easy . we still farm but now I have a reason to "Go back to shard farming",I never have chance,now im happy !

Which is why I'm also ok with 1000 medals too :) As that's the highest reasonable price to go.

Still, yeah regardless of the price I'm quite happy too that gilding will be something that we can work towards. Oh yeah!

• Like 1

Consider that current shard packs are 500 dms for 5 random shards. The rough estimate is 50 shards to have a good chance of getting the one you're looking for (like 80% chance for some chaos tiers).

So currently that's 5000 defender medals to have like an 80%-90% chance of getting what you're looking for.

2000 defender medals for 100% chance to get the shard you want would be a massive improvement. I'd be happy If it was 200 defender medals, but I'd be just as stoked if it was 2000

52 minutes ago, oxbowdvcorlone said:

2000 defender medals for 100% chance to get the shard you want would be a massive improvement. I'd be happy If it was 200 defender medals, but I'd be just as stoked if it was 2000

2000 is way too much expensive . that's 2 months for gild only one shard . At this rate people will spend 250 gem for one shard,so whats the point to mke it very expensive with DM when you can just spend 250 gem for just one?

with th free gems , new players can buy the defense rate shard without problem .

500-1k DM stay and will always be a good price because it help both new players and veterans . For 2 months farming,I would already have 2 gilded shard from just farming . 1 Month is enough to farm a gilded shard from just doing chaos , and the M price must stay arround that corner . The devs specified they want we get what we want and the price is actually being set. so yeah, 20k for a gilded seems to be way too much,so divide the price by 2 and there you go ! 1Month to get a gilded shard , that's what I call a good price !

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Suppose you do 100 maps in a week. That's roughly 180 shards. If you're grinding c4 defense rate that's like a 1/100 chance you only found 1 defense rate. But in all likelihood you probably found 3 or 4 defense rates.

But in that week you also got 2700 defender medals from daily/weekly missions. And 100 maps is another 2300 defender medals so that's 5000 defender medals that week. If the cost of shards at the vendor is 2500 defender medals then you could buy 2 more defense rates using only what you earned that week.

In this hypothetical scenario your defense rate grind for the week went from 4 defense rates to 6. Shard vendor improved your shard grind by 50%... pretty nice!

I just want people to take a look at their expectations. 2500 dms isn't horrible for a shard of your choice... obviously 200 dms would be nutty, but welcome.

I've already grinded like 50 or 60 defense rates. If the grind gets massively easier I'm happy with that. I've paid my dues.

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oxbowdvcorlone said:

Suppose you do 100 maps in a week. That's roughly 180 shards. If you're grinding c4 defense rate that's like a 1/100 chance you only found 1 defense rate. But in all likelihood you probably found 3 or 4 defense rates.

But in that week you also got 2700 defender medals from daily/weekly missions. And 100 maps is another 2300 defender medals so that's 5000 defender medals that week. If the cost of shards at the vendor is 2500 defender medals then you could buy 2 more defense rates using only what you earned that week.

In this hypothetical scenario your defense rate grind for the week went from 4 defense rates to 6. Shard vendor improved your shard grind by 50%... pretty nice!

I just want people to take a look at their expectations. 2500 dms isn't horrible for a shard of your choice... obviously 200 dms would be nutty, but welcome.

I've already grinded like 50 or 60 defense rates. If the grind gets massively easier I'm ok with that. I've paid my dues.

I do get where you're coming from. But while the purpose of the shard vendor is to cut down on the RNG, the other purpose is also to avoid the need of farming lower tiers. Personally, (based on how I assume you put it) I see that the 2500 medals price is for the purpose of balancing with the scenario of grinding C4 or any other lower tiers.

However, as for someone (like me) who has zero intentions in going back down the lower tiers because it's boring (other than resets or farming mats (which is also occasional), 2500 would be quite uncomfortable to put it lightly. I know 200-plus would be quite a stretch. That why I think 1000 is just nice enough without feeling the pressure.

Still if it's 2500, so be it then. Better than rolling the dice anyway.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, oxbowdvcorlone said:

I've already grinded like 50 or 60 defense rates. If the grind gets massively easier I'm ok with that. I've paid my dues.

Well I'm returning back your "expectations" : You're a Veteran player,you can  farm a lot of DM  easy,but what about new players? There are a lot of newbies arround there who need something to start with . It's not just about US,Veteran players,it's all about Both camps .  If you're saying that it's "Easy" to gild a shard of our choice,then what's the point to add Plain/Shiny/Pristine Tokens ? It basically  take 4 days from  farming Drakenfrost Resort/Keep to have a guaranted 10/10Mod(286 rerolls,3.3M gold,858 P mote) and 1/286 chance to have one with luck ! if you make the count,that's 2 week farming to have 1 relic/gear fully modded 10/10 .

I suggest 2 week for a gilded,you wanna make it 1 month for just one  !  Maybe that would be much easier for you but in my opinion : 2 week for a gilded shard seems reasonable compared  to 2 weeks for 3 Mods 10/10 ,even though,Shards are more useful because even with 0 mods, your defenses will still do the job(with mods being optional,they still rock) .

So Make the count : 2500 DM = 1 shard each week !  a gilded in 1 month

The average player's map a day is 20 (Because not everybody can do a lot of map per days due to school/work) : 760/910 DM per days

and some players open 40-80 shards and they get nothing,which is basically very sad and drop down their mood,which lead to a riot and they end up giving up the game because the time spent to gild a shard is way too much for them . I remind you as well that it's 30k gold a victory map for beginners if i'm not wrong and that' just C7 .

So here a board to all the prices,Approximative time it would take to gild a shard for each price with at least a minimum good price : 5920 DM/week

750 DM a shard= 9days One gilded shard of our choice /18D for 2 / 27 days for 3

1000 DM= 13D /26 Days for 2 /39 Days for 3

1200 DM = 16D One gilded shard of our choice / 32 for 2/   48 for 3

1500 DM=19 days One gilded shard of our choice / etc

2000 DM=24 days One gilded shard of our choice / etc

2500 DM=32 days One gilded shard of our choice / 64D for 2 / 96D for 3

So make the count and tell me which one seems good eniugh for you ? and why ?

Edited by Zombina
  • Like 2

Just now, hailminion said:

Jesus.... I thought I was hardcore doing 5 - 15 maps a day everyday. 

I thought average gets on every other day and play half what I do, like 10 - 20 maps every 2 days?

We all have a lot more general stuff to discuss b4 we get into detail like this LMAO

5-15 is for the minimum . A lot of players do 20 maps C7 or 5 map High onslaught,so Basically with 3 hours per day  only you can do 15-20Maps,depend which map you picked and the time spent on it,,but mostly THE MAP you picked : Dragonfall Bazaar being one of the top "farming map" played at the moment, you can spawn kill and make 20 maps easy per days .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, hailminion said:

Jesus.... I thought I was hardcore doing 5 - 15 maps a day everyday. 

I thought average gets on every other day and play half what I do, like 10 - 20 maps every 2 -3 days?

We all have a lot more general stuff to discuss b4 we get into detail like this LMAO

Gosh, guess I've gone down to casual then haha!

Usually, I do three to six Onslaught maps and sometimes a bit of expeditions for quest per session And I don't do that everyday.

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

All those prices seem good to me... they are all improvements.

New player progression tied to rng grind was never great. A new player in c4 literally cannot progress much further until he/she loots some defense rates. And because of RNG some of those new players get screwed.

So most people agree that's not ideal.

It would be interesting if shard vendor basically eliminates this problem. Sounds good to me.

Obtaining a defense rate in a 2 hour grind session seems good (that's like 10 maps). Way shorter than it is right now.

But there's no guarantee that that is the direction they're going with shard vendor.

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Gosh, guess I've gone down to casual then haha!

Usually, I do three to six Onslaught maps and sometimes a bit of expeditions for quest per session And I don't do that everyday.

Yeah well not everyone can do that everydays but there are a lot of players playing everydays and they complain about the Shards drop rate Still .

The RNG doesn't like us  so yeah that Shard Vendor is a good thing . It makes me very happy but no matter what the price they give us,it will always be Better than Nothing !

So 1000 or 2500 DM ,doesn't matter to me  but the devs wants to help us and lower the time it take us so my Opinion/Suggestion would be 1-1.2k a shard , and that's my last price,not negociable ! (XD)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oxbowdvcorlone said:

All those prices seem good to me... they are all improvements.

New player progression tied to rng grind was never great. A new player in c4 literally cannot progress much further until he/she loots some defense rates. And because of RNGsome of those new players get screwed.

Yeah and that's exactly why the price should be arround 750-1.2k DM per shard . To help new players but also make it less easy to get for both New and Veteran players . Imagine 4 days to get a Gilded shard like 4 days for a 10/10 mod ? Yeah the game would definitively be broken .

Did you ever asked  to some players why they left the game ? I did ! I  aske to some friends why they left and the answer was : " I don't like the Shard Drops,it's annoying,I don't wanna waste my time anymore so I give up ! "

So yeah,making a decent price for the shards in the Shard vendor shop will maybe change people's mind and perception of the game . We all Know that the devs are doing their best to make the game great . And the game Evolved . Alpha versus 4.3 ? Obv it's DD2 reinforced but still,the RNG makes people cry and our beloved devs team decided to make it less annoying for us to farm ! Personally I do only 10-15 maps per day or 5 Onslaught then that's it !  I don't farm shards anymore mostly because it's too annoying,I gave up the shard thing but I didn't gave up the game because defense rate mod is a thing,it helps a lot but, Better chance to have a gilded,I sign ! I'm going back to farm shards again ! yay ♥

• Like 3

Shards are going to cost 12001 defender medals each. :)

• Haha 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, LAWLTA said:

You troll XD

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, LAWLTA said:

Defender Medal cap increase confirmed!!!...:gwderp:

Edited by Tigorus
  • Haha 1