gotrunks712

Tavern Customization

Chromatic,

Please put in Tavern Customization, even if the flex goal isn't met.  Even if it comes as an after launch patch.  The tavern was one of the coolest places in DD1 and being able to show off accomplishments to others was great.  Having further customization will make it even more interesting and enjoyable to share with others.  I know it's already somewhat started with the different Tavern Skins we can have (standard and bling in the $300 KS edition).

There is so much that can be expanded upon:

• Display cases for weapons, armor, pets, etc.
  • Placeable boss trophies (i.e. Demon Lord's horns or the Dragon's head)
  • Mannequin's showing unlocked costumes

Thanks,

gotrunks712

Anyone have any other suggestions for tavern customization?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I totally agree this should be an option. Chromatic could do so much with the tavern since it's such a unique aspect to DD. Maybe they could make it a dlc or just stuff you can buy with mana. I feel like it should be rather expensive on the mana side though so mid-late game players can experience it. I wouldn't want noobs with a crib all dripped up y'know? The tav is like a small little home for your defenders and should have options with customizability like with our chars. 

• Like 1

I also agree. You made quite a few excellent sugestions.. Let's hope the lads will put it in 👌💪🔱

• Like 1

+1

Tavern customization is a really nice feature.

The way tavern worked in DD1 was also nice, but imagine that + much more customizations, not just trophies and gear :o.

• Like 2

I love all of these ideas. Sounds great. More stuff, the better. 

I think it will be put in but at a later date if the flex goal isn't met. 

The way I see it the flex goals ain't something that, if we don't achieve it in flex goals we're never gonna implant it.

More of a, if we get enough funding then we can hire more people to implant this for release date, otherwise once DDA launches and things go well we'll implant this feature in a later update.

7 hours ago, Martin Arcainess said:

I think it will be put in but at a later date if the flex goal isn't met. 

The way I see it the flex goals ain't something that, if we don't achieve it in flex goals we're never gonna implant it.

More of a, if we get enough funding then we can hire more people to implant this for release date, otherwise once DDA launches and things go well we'll implant this feature in a later update.

We can hope, but generally that isn't always the case.  A customizable tavern was promised for DD2 and we see where that went...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gotrunks712 said:

We can hope, but generally that isn't always the case.  A customizable tavern was promised for DD2 and we see where that went...

Well that was TE this is CG with UE4. With DD2 it might just have been other issues but with DDA it could be different.

I posted a screenshot previously of tavern customisation in dd2. I think it was removed or put in Hold.

Let me know if your want it again :P

But yes this is the feature I am excited about the most

• Like 1

This would be awesome, especially with the gilded tavern that some supporters will have. Not only would they have a sick looking tavern by default, but being able to show off equipment/pets like in the first game was always cool! Not only for trading but for just looks as well. Adding onto that by showing off costumes that are obtained from difficult end-game content rewards. Definitely keep the upstairs portion of the map, and maybe even make it like a reward. Say you start off with a tiny tavern similar to how it looked when dd1 first released. Then you can purchase upgrades to the tavern to add the second story or maybe a small outside pub. Also make it an option to purchase other ways the tavern can look. For example when embermount volcano released, the tavern had that giant lava theme going on, and once it was updated and taken away it is now lost in history. Why not make it an upgrade to purchase, where you can edit in the options what theme you want your tavern to look like, similar to how you would with the gilded tavern. And these purchases could either be with money but I would prefer mana, as it gives players another use for mana other than just upgrading gear which is already pretty valuable.

• Like 3

Oooh, i really like the idea of tavern themes... I'm gonna start begging CG to make a shark theme!

I loved the DD1 Tavern.. showing all my Trophys around the place.. was rather annoyed about the Bling option being soo expensive but oh well.. i got the Vip Secret room atleast i guess.. some other customization will be great tho 8) lets make that happen

• Like 2

I posted a screenshot of the tavern customisation that got removed or not yet added to dd2

Did anyone see it

I dont really mind how much or little we can customise our tavern the only thing I want is having those sweet trophies to display like we did in DD1. I wanna show off my trophies to everyone (ok more likely the lack of them lol). 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:06 AM, AussieMark said:

Finally found it

https://imgur.com/a/R7o4ZGV

zKgb3iS.jpg

That was a reward promised from DDE.  I pushed back on Trendy a lot at the time (I like my customization), because months after the promised content wasn't delivered and it was clear DDE was failing.  They only rewarded anyone with any Dungeon Defenders game with $5 of in game currency for DD2.

• Like 1

It's definitely not off the table if we don't reach it during the Kickstarter, but it would most likely remove it from being in the launch version of the game.

I'm a big fan of how Wildstar executed housing, and even Star Wars: Galaxies back in the day, so I'm all about customizing a personal space.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Elandrian said:

It's definitely not off the table if we don't reach it during the Kickstarter, but it would most likely remove it from being in the launch version of the game.

I'm a big fan of how Wildstar executed housing, and even Star Wars: Galaxies back in the day, so I'm all about customizing a personal space.

Here's hoping.  It was a big part of DD1 that was missing from DD2.