I am really struggling with what level of Kickstarter to back. i mean now that consoles are part of the base project - i am so in!!!!! I just cannot decide how much money to back with. I put a lot of money into DD2, way more than i ever spent on DD1, so i am not opposed to dropping some bucks.  I mean, i make money and i don't mind spending some of it on something i love. 

I am torn between the $75 VIP pack and the $300 gilded tavern pack. My biggest holdup is that after the $75 pack, the amount of rewards seems to drop off dramatically (depending on your viewpoint). up to the $75 mark, a ton of rewards are heaped on for each level. I feel this is the lowest i would go. However, after that there seems to be a big drop off on how much you get. After that level, the next level that is not multiple keys (as i do not need more than 1 myself) is the $150 level, but for twice the money the only addition is a title, a skin, and naming a enemy (maybe). Then each $50 increment only gets you another title, skin, and name something else (maybe). Then at the at $300 you get some DD2 skins and a gold tavern as well. 

I just cannot decide if naming a few things (maybe) and a few skins are worth an extra $225... Especially getting DD2 skins, as they are only for the 4 base heroes, that i do not use very much. I wish we could see some pics of the DD2 gilded and crystalline flair, as well as the DDA gilded tavern. That might just be the incentive i need to bump up. Plus i am concerned with the amount of people that have backed levels about the $75 point - that there will not be enough enemies and gear to go around for naming, so your ideas may not get used. 

Did anyone else here go above the $75 level? I am interested to hear your thoughts. 

• Like 2

I had the 75 dollar pledge too but changed to the 300 dollar pledge. Main and well, only reason. I like the secret room, like the costumes voor The Standard heroes (all 4 at the 300 dollar mark) 

Love the idea of a special tavern. I made my descission based on my off the chart play time in DD1 

• Thanks 1

Same debate here.  Personally we are buying a house so I'm holding off until after closing.  Money should be more available after that point.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gotrunks712 said:

Same debate here.  Personally we are buying a house so I'm holding off until after closing.  Money should be more available after that point.

Good luck and Congrats on the house!!!!! I just bought my first one about 5 years ago. So much time and work involved in owning a home. Learn something new each year. This year - massive amounts of snow and roofs are not good combos, LOL. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

I am really struggling with what level of Kickstarter to back. i mean now that consoles are part of the base project - i am so in!!!!! I just cannot decide how much money to back with. I put a lot of money into DD2, way more than i ever spent on DD1, so i am not opposed to dropping some bucks.  I mean, i make money and i don't mind spending some of it on something i love. 

I am torn between the $75 VIP pack and the $300 gilded tavern pack. My biggest holdup is that after the $75 pack, the amount of rewards seems to drop off dramatically (depending on your viewpoint). up to the $75 mark, a ton of rewards are heaped on for each level. I feel this is the lowest i would go. However, after that there seems to be a big drop off on how much you get. After that level, the next level that is not multiple keys (as i do not need more than 1 myself) is the $150 level, but for twice the money the only addition is a title, a skin, and naming a enemy (maybe). Then each $50 increment only gets you another title, skin, and name something else (maybe). Then at the at $300 you get some DD2 skins and a gold tavern as well. 

I just cannot decide if naming a few things (maybe) and a few skins are worth an extra $225... Especially getting DD2 skins, as they are only for the 4 base heroes, that i do not use very much. I wish we could see some pics of the DD2 gilded and crystalline flair, as well as the DDA gilded tavern. That might just be the incentive i need to bump up. Plus i am concerned with the amount of people that have backed levels about the $75 point - that there will not be enough enemies and gear to go around for naming, so your ideas may not get used. 

Did anyone else here go above the $75 level? I am interested to hear your thoughts. 

At this point it all depends on how much you love DD1 and want to support them. You bring up points of the reward value falling off, but as long as we make good money and can afford it, I’ll back them for a swagged out golden guilded tavern 😎

• Like 1

There's going to be tons of enemies, and there's no limit to the names that we can add. As for the skins, we'll be getting a preview out for them soon (the Crystalline one is pretty amazing)!

Also, from a dev stand point, the one thing we want to communicate is that we're super grateful for any and all support you guys have put out. It's seriously been a big boon for us!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3