Martin Arcainess

Will backers get a code for console?

So now that DDA is defo releasing on console now will backers who qualifi for closed beta PC get a code for there chosen console instead?

• Like 1

I believe the closed beta is PC only.  The final copy of the game can be for any version you would like (PC or console).

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why have a pc only beta if they are planning to release on all platforms at the same time???? They would also need to beta test console versions...

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Bobby1 said:

Why have a pc only beta if they are planning to release on all platforms at the same time???? They would also need to beta test console versions...

If they do test it, they do not use community to do so i believe. I tried to join the testing group a couple times before i found out that it was all PC only. There is no community console testing group that i am aware of. That being said - if there is one, or a beta console for DDA - I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!

Edited by Jaws_420

8 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

I believe the closed beta is PC only.  The final copy of the game can be for any version you would like (PC or console).

I believe this to be the case.

They confirmed on today's stream, stating that they just don't have the resources to run testing on multiple platforms with the team size they have.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

They confirmed on today's stream, stating that they just don't have the resources to run testing on multiple platforms with the team size they have.

Ah fair enough then.

On 3/14/2019 at 6:10 PM, Bobby1 said:

You don't necessairly need to beta test every platform, the content of the game is more or less the same regardless of platform and all of that aspect should work the same regardless of platform. Doing multiple beta tests would also slow down the launch, and cost more money and time as noted above.

6 hours ago, Alhanalem said:

You don't necessairly need to beta test every platform, the content of the game is more or less the same regardless of platform and all of that aspect should work the same regardless of platform. Doing multiple beta tests would also slow down the launch, and cost more money and time as noted above.

Yeah I already seen their update. But yes you do need to test each platform. They will just be doing it in house.

17 hours ago, Bobby1 said:

Yeah I already seen their update. But yes you do need to test each platform. They will just be doing it in house.

Obviously I didn't mean no testing at all, just not a public test.