Currency in DD:A  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which global currency would be better for DD:A?

• Mana from DD1
    • Gold from DD:E
    • Something else

What do you think of old currency systems for buying/upgrading/selling items? Which was better by your opinion? Personally, I don't know this for myself. DD1 fan in me tells about mana but I was not a good player of DD:E, so my opinion can be biased.

Odd leave out of all of DD2 - gems, gold, shard dust, Def medals... 

Gems were complete P2W currency, so i am in favor of those going away. Shard dust has been mostly useless thus far, so that can go as well. Gold would be okay, however rests bonuses blew this out of the water, so it no longer is a good gauge. DM's would be the best choice IMO as they had a way to ensure that you did not earn too many too fast, and most things that cost DMs were reasonably priced (sans some skins). 

In the end, i would guess that multiple currencies will exist for different things. 

• Like 2

It doesn't really matter if it's called Mana, credits, gold (coins) or whatever. But I prefer to have one simple currency for most of the things. This currency should also not be inflated too much by jumping to a higher difficulty but be more of a grind thing, so you can actually use it as a currency for trading. There was a reason, why Companion Cubes were used over Mana in DD1. It would also be nice if they would just scale down the numbers a bit. A million should already be a lot, let alone a billion. DD1 was running in the 2^32 limitation, which is just unneccesary.

• Like 1

Bronze, Silver, Gold.

That way we wont need cubes to trade insane amounts.

Of course, that happened because money is infinite with cheat engine in dd1 :/

Currecny? Well it depends on what that currency is used for.

As for the mana, I pref if it was a Mix off DD1 and DD2.

Like use DD1 mana as currency but how it dropped more like DD2. So you don't get crazy amounts each wave but steady flow with an uncapped amount.

We're taking a radical approach and using pizza as a currency. Pineapple pizza is negative currency and explodes your wallet/bank.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

We're taking a radical approach and using pizza as a currency. Pineapple pizza is negative currency and explodes your wallet/bank.

Sweet, i have 17 pepperonis for you to pay for my Kickstarter pledge. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 7:19 AM, LAWLTA said:

We talkin Pizza Hut's stuffed crust or is that too p2w?