Sign in to follow this  
King Trabs

DDA Mechanics

What are some of the stuff we want to see in DDA? For starters,

-I think there should be an auto g option. 

-More kinds of mage projectiles not just orbs

-More abilities for the summoner, I realize his sole purpose is his minions I just feel there should be more 

-More clothing and or hair movement when the character moves (so it looks fluid)

-More particles on weapons to make them really pop

-Any others...?

Most important for me is the loot system. DD1 was so close to perfect in this regard, they should use it as a base without changing much.

- server-sided loot to prevent manipulation

- being able to trade loot globally (some kind of ingame market place)

- therefor we need a sensible, meaningful and not inflated currency that scales with grinding (no extreme jumps when going to a higher difficulty)

- being able to move while casting and repairing (compared to DD1)

- a better User Interface for the items in general. The custom folder structure system of DD1 was still the best but that could be a lot better. Most important are search and filter functions - for example display all chest plates of type x with tDMG > 300 and tAttackSpeed > 250 or something like this.

- configurable auto loot at the end of a successful run

- loot despawning should remove the lowest quality first - I know they added this at some point by I also remember a time, where that nice super rare item could literally despawn before it reached the ground - and speaking of the ground - items should not be able to fall into the void / out of the map (if they do, they should just reappear at the crystal for example)

- a way to save and share defense layouts -> at the start of a survival run you can "load" this setup, so you do not have to build it every time. I know this idea is not really new and some people did not like it in the past, but in the end you are building more or less the same setup over and over again anyway and if you are just farming a certain map it would make it much easier. Such a feature would also be a great way to export and share your layouts with other players.

- towers - the trailer showed the old ones from DD1 and that's really good. I really like them and also the way the stats are scaling. It was so satisfying to see your traps and auras grow up in size and strength in DD1 or your little magic tower reaching ridiculous attack speeds. I hope they will keep this and if this causes trouble for the server, they could maybe add a "prestige" feature for your towers which halves the attack speed but increases the damage by 105-110% (to compensate for more overkill-damage). This could also be a way to make traps and auras smaller again - a more dense aura is stronger.

-More abilities for the summoner, I realize his sole purpose is his minions I just feel there should be more 

- the summoner was quite useful for semi-afk farming runs because of the top-down view. You could upgrade and repair globally without actually going there and you could also check the loot everywhere with this view. Sure the summoner was never really used as a DPS char, but I think he fulfills his role as a supporter for the defenses pretty well - he can also move through enemies and so on

-I think there should be an auto g option. 

- I never really understood this feature. I mean yeah, it's a kind of ready check but in the end it was more often annoying and time-costing then useful. If they keep this system they should at least at an option for the host to "force" a start and also to abort it during the inital building phase.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Ich said:

- a way to save and share defense layouts -> at the start of a survival run you can "load" this setup, so you do not have to build it every time. I know this idea is not really new and some people did not like it in the past, but in the end you are building more or less the same setup over and over again anyway and if you are just farming a certain map it would make it much easier. Such a feature would also be a great way to export and share your layouts with other players.

Yoooo this is such a good idea I have not heard this b4 wth. 

Posted (edited)

If the team is indeed taking both DD1 and DD2 into account while designing DDA I think we can look towards a mix of both which suits most players. Some towers Like PDTs and SGTs were welcome additions for the monk and huntress giving them more versatility for example. The convienence of being able to carry all building mana regardless of which hero you are currently on is also a huge benefit. When you swap from your higher level DPS to a lower Builder on DD1 can be very annoying when they cannot carry the same amount of mana.

I would like to keep hardcore mode and possibly mix mode survival from DD1 into DDA these to me were worthwhile optional handicaps to give yourself as opposed to Mastery. Building Timers I am not as sure on unless there was some way to keep hotswapping as an option. Being able to quickly run around the map back and forth to the forge is not in my opinion a skill as some make it out to be. I am sure we all remember those 30 sec mastery maps and yet t meet anyone who actually enjoyed those and we can hotswap in DD2.

I loved the challenges from DD1 like warping core, portal defense and assualt. I hope they look to keep at least the original challenges and possibly add more and avoid a mode like mastery or the lackluster incursions in DD2.

I also prefer the actual boss fights like the dragon than the mini bosses we face in DD2 so I hope they keep those and add more. I do like some of the chaos enemies though, more in the fact that each type has different ways of dealing with them as apposed to just laying down one type of layout all the way through progression which is more prevalent in DD1. This is which for some is what can make people like onsluaght more than others since you are never sure what enemies you will face before you start each map. The added variety is a good thing but I am not sure how best to implement this thinking with still keeping the feeling of DD1.I must admit though survival to me was more satisfying than floor climbing in onslaught since you were rewarded with pets accessories which actually mean something floor climbing other than bragging rights never really felt rewarding the same way.

Rare drops from completing certain challenges or whatnot to me are a great way to reward the grinding required to gain them and I hope they look to keep that. In DD2 the incursion weapons and other drops never felt "special", even the more exculsive pets mean virtually nothing compared to regular drops. Showing off some awesome bow or having your first Kobold on a treadmill pet meant something.

With still playing both games I like both systems of a dedicated builder/dps set and relics for determining how effective each tower is. Although if they do want to use the summoner as builder only hero then they will have to stick to the DD1 model of armor deciding if builder/dps. If they made him more like the abyss lord and more active then they could adopt the DD2 model I guess its more a matter of do we want builder only heroes or not?

Having a separate resource for upgrading items purchasing in game ithems like gold defender medals in DD2 I prefer over just having mana as currency. I also prefer the fact DD2 usises ability mana and it regenarates over just blue mana doing everything.

One thing I am curious about is will the local multiplayer still unlock achievements etc or will it be like playing on open and be kept separate from online progress? I would like some clarification on this if possible.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1

The current idea is that you don't get any gear until the third DLC, then you only get one piece of random gear, and it can be traded up to 7 times. Welcome to my TED talk.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LAWLTA said:

The current idea is that you don't get any gear until the third DLC, then you only get one piece of random gear, and it can be traded up to 7 times. Welcome to my TED talk.

LOL is this the DD white elephant gift exchange? That also means all of the gear will be crap. Sweet...i am in. 

On 3/14/2019 at 11:16 PM, The Ich said:

Most important for me is the loot system. DD1 was so close to perfect in this regard, they should use it as a base without changing much.

Loved the looting system, sometimes the spikes were a bit too much. I loved/hated doing the survivals for hours on end for that rare mythic drop that was insane.  It was frustrating but man, I loved it. 

Sign in to follow this