26 members have voted

1. 1. What want you to see in DD:A

• A game that the most part is from dd1
    • A game that have a bigger part from dd1
    • A game that is 50% one, 50% the other
    • A game that have a bigger part from dd2
    • A game that the most part is from dd2
    • A game that is only dd1
    • A game that is only dd2 (i dont know why would anyone want this :D)

Posted (edited)

What kind of content should have the game?
All answers includes new content
I personally would like answer 2:
A game that have a bigger part from dd1

Edited by CatDogBunny

Personally, I want a game that takes the best of both games and improves on it overall.  I don't really want DD1 or DD2 all over again.  There was good and bad in both games, and DDA has a lot of potential if they improve upon it.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LAWLTA said:

If there's no pizza in it, then what's the point?

Hopefully the DD2 Pizza Wings will find their way over to DDA...

Speaking of which...does this also mean that the Xbox clampdown on exclusivity on shark pets is over once we get to DDA? Can we finally have a shark pet on all platforms?!?!?!?! 

• Like 1

I hope we will see the Summoner again with Phase Shift Overlord mode. That was soo satisfying to play. With the new engine fixing the GFX stutters DD1 has I think the game could be pretty much perfect, as long as no-one tries to get 'creative' with it.

I loved DD1 pre-all the DLC. Past last 80 I lost the feel of the game; way to grindy and with the addition of the summoner and EV builds became so stream-lined and boring. I couldn't get into the DD2 really at all., didn't feel like a tower defence for me. I would love to see just the original DD1 hero's (M and F) or at least share the same units none of the summoner units and Defences units. 

I think the idea of being able to customize your characters look would bring a cool dynamic to the game. DD1 and DD2 did a great job of having rare items to grind a level for, and while the weapons looked different. If you got a cool looking helmet or chest piece, it doesn't actually show on your character. While I know skins and things like that are in the game, I've always thought the idea of showing off some of the really hard to get gear would be a cool way for some of the people who grind it out to let people know!

Posted (edited)

If what has been talked about so far holds true then DDA should focus more on DD1 than DD2. If the heroes from DD2 are returning to the time of DD! then we should expect more of DD1 but with some of DD2 thrown in. We could keep the charactert designs from DD2 as that would make sense. We could possibly give them a tower from DD2 to bring with them like earthshatter or PDT.  Most of the enemies imo should be from DD1 like Dark elves as opposed to Dark assassins but one or 2 could hitch a ride back with our heroes like Malthius or Skelekeons(sorry spelling). I think having a little of DD2s timeline spread into the story would be pretty cool we could have  Betsy or the Harbringer make a cameo. It would also be add some good narrative "Why are these here? Why is everything different? We gotta put things back to what it should be " etc. I would put the split around 70/30 in favour of DD1 too much DD2 wouldnt make much sense to me if they are going back in time.

Edited by dizzydiana
  • Like 1