Sign in to follow this  
Zatch

Cross save & Kickstarter rewards

If cross saves end up being implemented, will the kickstarter rewards be tied to your save file? For example, let's say I activate a key on PC and claim the rewards there and then use the same account on my Switch, would I have access to kickstarter rewards like the character costumes and VIP room access on both platforms? 

You'd be able to use them on any platform. However, platforms require that you have a copy of the game purchased for each specific platform you use it on. This will most likely include DLC as well (Final Fantasy XIV is a perfect example of this).

@LAWLTA I'd much perfer to see a system like Talisman were the DLC is tied with your Asmodee account not the system itself... You still need to buy the base game on each system.. but then you log into your Asmodee account and purchases are unlocked.

There is generally no reason this isnt possible as in most cases everyone needs the DLC content downloaded anyway so they can play with other players that own such content.

It depends on the scope of the game and scope of DLC. We want our DLC to be big and feel meaningful. There's a 99% chance that platforms would not be cool with these carrying over. We cannot confirm, but we would not want to set any expectations on that, and are fairly confident it is not something that would fly.