Paloverde zfogshooterz

I've had it with Drakenfrost Keep. Let's have Betsy back.

Replacing "Drakenlorded"-Drakenfrost Keep with The Wyvern Den's Betsy Boss Fight?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• 1) Replace "Drakenlorded" DK with the Betsy Boss Fight. Let Betsy have a triumphant return!
    • 2) Let it be. No changes. Drakenlord still rules.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, the incursion-like gimmick is neat in some way but it's getting to the point of being annoying. I'm not hitting the thematic aspect this time but this isn't fun to me anymore, just energy-sapping for me. I would rather just hit The Lost Temple now. So just gonna break this suggestion down into three points.

(1) Could we just have Betsy/The Wyvern Den map in Onslaught replacing the Drakenlorded DK? I would really like to play that level again in full force after so long, Since Onslaught are echoes of past battles, I totally don't mind Betsy being in there now! (I take back what I said about betsy shouldn't be in onslaught)

(2) And could we have non-drakenlord/regular Drakenfrost keep just be in the normal map rotation too? I also missed playing the regular version as I only have played that for just a short while.

(3) Of course for consistency's sake, we can move the Drakenlorded DK to incursion, and remove Cap Dreadbones and Drakenlord from Expeditions, Mastery & etc. Though again, I mainly wanted DK to be replaced in Onslaught.

And I have created a poll to vote on. Let's see how it goes! Also let me know what you defenders think about this?

Thanks for reading & cheers!

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 3

Maybe we could have Betsy and Harbinger maps alternating as floor 9 if we remove the DF map.

Would be interesting to play those on full power especially if the unique loot got an overhaul but they are probably a nightmare to balance for onslaught- on higher floors even some basic mobs can one shot the majority of heroes and your core so I don't know how to handle these giant bosses- especially Betsy as she is scripted to hit the core iirc. 

You will either be constantly looking at the respawn screen while the map fails or you just pop them with your nuke monk in 30s which will be an anticlimactic end lol.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Defenso said:

Maybe we could have Betsy and Harbinger maps alternating as floor 9 if we remove the DF map.

Would be interesting to play those on full power especially if the unique loot got an overhaul but they are probably a nightmare to balance for onslaught- on higher floors even some basic mobs can one shot the majority of heroes and your core so I don't know how to handle these giant bosses- especially Betsy as she is scripted to hit the core iirc. 

You will either be constantly looking at the respawn screen while the map fails or you just pop them with your nuke monk in 30s which will be an anticlimactic end lol.

Hmmm, that's a really good point there. Maybe make the core to a high health? Or probably re-script a bit so she doesn't fly around to hit the core? Stays on her nest all the time? Probably sticking to her nest might be a better solution. As we still have lanes to worry about.

I think at this point, personally, anything's better than having to run around lighting brazziers and seeing frozen blocks of ice. It's not fun in Onslaught. I don't mind in other gamemodes, just not Onslaught.

• Like 3

Yes - and if Trendy's asking me to gear up my best DPS hero and tackle some 2 billion+ HP mega boss, for the love of all things holy please remove assassins from those maps😠.

• Like 2

As much as I agree about the removing from Expeditions/Mastery/Incursions part for the newbies, I also equally and inversely disagree with having it removed from Onslaught. Not only does this map add a change of pace I doubt we will get large changes like bringing in brand new maps into Onslaught at this point. I think the best we would get is the replacement of it and go back to Lost Temple every (x)x4 and (x)x9, which would not only make it take longer to go through Onslaught, it would be boring again.

So much of the game needed changes to make it better/finished. I'm overly surprised they plan to support both games but give DD2 such a small portion of the team. The Drakenlord needed to be in Incursions with a reward to teach players about him before they head into Onslaught. With the new shard vendor thing, getting Burning Strikes will be easier but then it will be a matter of your setup and how stubborn you are about using a melee hero versus ranged.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Exglint said:

As much as I agree about the removing from Expeditions/Mastery/Incursions part for the newbies, I also equally and inversely disagree with having it removed from Onslaught. Not only does this map add a change of pace I doubt we will get large changes like bringing in brand new maps into Onslaught at this point. I think the best we would get is the replacement of it and go back to Lost Temple every (x)x4 and (x)x9, which would not only make it take longer to go through Onslaught, it would be boring again.

So much of the game needed changes to make it better/finished. I'm overly surprised they plan to support both games but give DD2 such a small portion of the team. The Drakenlord needed to be in Incursions with a reward to teach players about him before they head into Onslaught. With the new shard vendor thing, getting Burning Strikes will be easier but then it will be a matter of your setup and how stubborn you are about using a melee hero versus ranged.

I do agree that going through The Lost Temple all the time would be quite stale and boring. Which is why I suggested Betsy. But yeah, there is the point of DD2 having a small portion of the team which is kinda sad.

I'm already using Burning Strikes & a ranged hero for that level, it's still quite annoying and unfun when you fail to light the brazzier up in time due to miscalculation. I rather be dealing with Betsy's curse spots anytime.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I basically agree. I like the map, I even like the drakenlord. I just dislike the game mechanic of being forced to run around the map shooting torches during normal gameplay. Not fun. Annoying.

I could tolerate it if it wasn't making AP reset grind more annoying. I was really surprised they did something to make AP resetting worse. You're already doing builds with restricted resources. Adding the lighting bazziers during a map is just one more thing to make the grind worse.

Obviously I dislike the mechanic as it just enforces more afk building... which is fine I guess but it's a kick in the knee while doing AP reset grind builds.

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone
  • Like 2

Honestly, what about the Harbinger or the Eye of Cthulhu as well? I'd prefer to see all the game's large bosses have a new chance in the limelight. I remember fighting the Eye of Cthulhu and it being a legitimately good bossfight (after the first bug fix, mind you, it used to have the nasty habit of instantly causing game over if it flew within a few feet of the crystal),  and the Harbinger is a pretty cool fight as well. Sadly when the game difficulty increased, all those old bosses were forgotten. Instead of Drakenfrost ever 10th floor, I'd rather it selected a boss at random. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Thorgonator said:

Honestly, what about the Harbinger or the Eye of Cthulhu as well? I'd prefer to see all the game's large bosses have a new chance in the limelight. I remember fighting the Eye of Cthulhu and it being a legitimately good bossfight (after the first bug fix, mind you, it used to have the nasty habit of instantly causing game over if it flew within a few feet of the crystal),  and the Harbinger is a pretty cool fight as well. Sadly when the game difficulty increased, all those old bosses were forgotten. Instead of Drakenfrost ever 10th floor, I'd rather it selected a boss at random. 

If Betsy couldn't replace Drakenlorded DK in Onslaught, Dawn of the Blood Moon is actually a great idea too! Most of it's mechanics isn't really incursion-like compared to Spectral Assault or The Kobold Bling King for examples. Definitely love that to be in it. I have fought it in the NM4 days where it can be difficult, and I pretty much dig it.

Also, personally, I feel that Forest Biome is more of a dimensions map rather than a forest map, so having to face a twisted version of it in the realm of Onslaught really sits well with me! In fact, I too, would love it if every 10 maps it can either be Betsy or Dawn for variety!

However as for Harbinger, as I mentioned in another thread, it's boss fight style is similar to Drakenlorded DK where it takes away your attention from the heavily diversified lanes which is something that I never liked about the Drakenlorded DK in the first place in Onslaught. (I'm totally fine with him in the incursion mode if he's actually in it.). I'd rather fight the Harbinger in Expeditions with difficulty beyond C7. Hopefully Nightmare again.

Betsy and Dawn boss fight is on Wave 5 which is something that I'm cool about.

• Like 1