Jump to content
Contraband

Stackable Shards?

Recommended Posts

So I'm a free-to-player, as I can't afford to support the game outside of what I have to spend irl, noticed that you can't get bag spaces for free, or vault spaces for free in game (meaning tokens). For those dedicated and who actually want to play and guild their shards, but don't have the bag space to stack 10 of the same shard, in a nutshellI think there should be a stack mechanic for shards implemented like with all the materials etc in game and just allow players to stack 1 shard up to 10 times freeing up the need to have 10 different slots for the same shard. Just a suggestion haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been suggested before and the answer is basically "technical limitations". I would suggest trying to do only one, two or three shard(s) at a time depending on your available space. Also keep in mind that they are not required and some can easily be replaced with mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having more bags or vaults does not seem to help much. i have every page you can buy in DD2, and i am still drowning in 8/10 or 5/10 shards...and that is still trying to focus on or 6 or so, and deleting the rest. I just knew the moment that gilding shards was introduced, that this would be an issue, and it has never been given any kind of resolution. The worst thing for me is, after all that shard collecting, and money for gilding, of which i have gilded like 10 shards - every single one of them has been a "i just happen to get 10 of that one" shards, and not the shards that i actually need or want. The big 3? Oh not even close. Every single random Barb shard? Have gotten those like 10 times over. 

I would just love of that before the plug gets pulled on DD2, whenever that will be, that the drop rates for the big 3 are just blown out of the water and the fall like rain from the sky. Go ahead, break the game. Let everyone run around all super OP. It would at least be fun for bit. Otherwise, i feel like DD2 really died a few months back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jaws_420 said:

Having more bags or vaults does not seem to help much. i have every page you can buy in DD2, and i am still drowning in 8/10 or 5/10 shards...and that is still trying to focus on or 6 or so, and deleting the rest. I just knew the moment that gilding shards was introduced, that this would be an issue, and it has never been given any kind of resolution. The worst thing for me is, after all that shard collecting, and money for gilding, of which i have gilded like 10 shards - every single one of them has been a "i just happen to get 10 of that one" shards, and not the shards that i actually need or want. The big 3? Oh not even close. Every single random Barb shard? Have gotten those like 10 times over. 

I would just love of that before the plug gets pulled on DD2, whenever that will be, that the drop rates for the big 3 are just blown out of the water and the fall like rain from the sky. Go ahead, break the game. Let everyone run around all super OP. It would at least be fun for bit. Otherwise, i feel like DD2 really died a few months back. 

That would be a fun idea if the plug actually would actually happen. Still wish for the conclusion to use all our powers on though. ;)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2019 at 1:44 AM, Exglint said:

This has been suggested before and the answer is basically "technical limitations". I would suggest trying to do only one, two or three shard(s) at a time depending on your available space. Also keep in mind that they are not required and some can easily be replaced with mods.

so materials can be stacked up to 9999 but shards can't even stack to anything more than 1? sounds like a cop out to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bag space is literally the baseline for how the game makes money. If games don't make money then game companies don't make games. Lawlta and the rest of the team have to eat.

 

So the snarky answer is "you could upgrade each of your bags to stack 10 shards for the price of 10 bags"

Edited by oxbowdvcorlone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XXJOHNCENAXX said:

so materials can be stacked up to 9999 but shards can't even stack to anything more than 1? sounds like a cop out to me

To be fair, the reason on the technical limitation is on the side of upgrade levels. For materials, it's because they are static. But stacking a shard (with 4 upgrades) with fully upgraded shard is another thing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2019 at 10:38 AM, oxbowdvcorlone said:

Bag space is literally the baseline for how the game makes money. If games don't make money then game companies don't make games. Lawlta and the rest of the team have to eat.

 

So the snarky answer is "you could upgrade each of your bags to stack 10 shards for the price of 10 bags"

Even if they need money, they don't need to leech off the fanbase, the game starts you off with a pitiful amount of bag space, pretty much forcing you to buy more

On 3/13/2019 at 12:20 PM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

To be fair, the reason on the technical limitation is on the side of upgrade levels. For materials, it's because they are static. But stacking a shard (with 4 upgrades) with fully upgraded shard is another thing. 

Not being able to stack shards with different amounts of upgrades would make sense, but if i have 5 of the same shard with no upgrades, it should be no problem stacking them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...