Posted (edited)

What happens if the goal isn't reached?

A: Will DDA not be made?

B: If development is continued for DDA, does it mean it won't be "good" without the kickstarter funds

And if development is continued for DDA regardless of the kickstarter, will the goal be lowered and will buying beta access or defense council still be available?

I'm personally new to kickstarter, so I'm assuming what I pledged for will be charged when the goal deadline is? And if it is reached what I purchased will be given to me in email or? 

These are probably dumb and stupid questions, but can't hurt to ask :P

Edited by iSkeptical

On Kickstarter, you only get charged if the goal is 100% met, and it's done when the campaign ends.

• Like 2

They are trying to make the game without getting a publisher to back them. Publishers take their cut and try to influence decisions to make sure their share of the profits are as big as they can be. Sometimes publishers suggest a game franchise should make a moba or make their games run on microtransactions. Chromatic wants the freedom to make DD:A how they want and take home all of the profits so they can use them to make DD3.

If they do not reach their goal, then either the game won't end up being as good as fast, or they will have to get help from outside sources, i.e. a publisher in some form.

Personally, I think the main DD fans have already made their donations and the last 100k is going to be rough. Not to mention even if they do reach their goal, it only gets harder from there since most of the kickstarter backers will already have their copies of DD:A. Going to have to rely on the game finding new customers and I am not sure that DD:A is the answer to that unless it takes off in console sales.

• Like 2

I think they rely heavily on the console crowds for further funding. It's still climbing tho so who knows how far they can go. 

We have 4200 ish backers on this moment and 90 k ish likes on the Facebook post... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, danimaltastic said:

They are trying to make the game without getting a publisher to back them. Publishers take their cut and try to influence decisions to make sure their share of the profits are as big as they can be. Sometimes publishers suggest a game franchise should make a moba or make their games run on microtransactions. Chromatic wants the freedom to make DD:A how they want and take home all of the profits so they can use them to make DD3.

If they do not reach their goal, then either the game won't end up being as good as fast, or they will have to get help from outside sources, i.e. a publisher in some form.

Personally, I think the main DD fans have already made their donations and the last 100k is going to be rough. Not to mention even if they do reach their goal, it only gets harder from there since most of the kickstarter backers will already have their copies of DD:A. Going to have to rely on the game finding new customers and I am not sure that DD:A is the answer to that unless it takes off in console sales.

Holding out on my $300 backing. Gonna wait until the last few days to see how far it gets. 

Hoping it actually reaches 350k so console will get worked in as well 😬

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bobby1 said:

Holding out on my $300 backing. Gonna wait until the last few days to see how far it gets. 

I'm gonna donate $40 either way, I know it will come to console at some point so that's why I'm donating. Every little helps. 

On 3/9/2019 at 7:35 PM, Bobby1 said:

Just to clarify, there is zero money taken out of your account at the time of your pledge. It only gets taken out after the Kickstarter campaign accomplishes it's goal.

I have a questions about rewards for the Kickstarter. It mentions several DD2 hero flair rewards (Gilded and Crystalline) - will these DD2 skin rewards be given for only the 4 base heroes, or will they be available for every DD2 hero? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I have a questions about rewards for the Kickstarter. It mentions several DD2 hero flair rewards (Gilded and Crystalline) - will these DD2 skin rewards be given for only the 4 base heroes, or will they be available for every DD2 hero? 

Kickstarter says both are for the original 4 heroes only.

Gilded:

Bring a touch of class and wealth to Etheria! Prepare for Awakened in Dungeon Defenders II with four solid gold Gilded skins for the Monk, Squire, Huntress and the Apprentice. These exclusive bling-tastic skins are only available to backers! 

Crystalline:

The corruption of the Crystalline Dimension has infected the heroes of Dungeon Defenders II! Prepare for Awakened with an exclusive set of skins for the Monk, Squire, Apprentice and Huntress in Dungeon Defenders II. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I definitely want to know how they look! And I have accepted that I will never have them. Still gotta brace for the impact of possible awesomeness!

True that. I am weighing how badly i want a tavern made of gold right now...it is much harder to gauge when you only have your imagination to come up with your own conceptual view. Will it be as awesome as my mind's eye sees it? Will it be better? Worse? A few concept pics could help nudge those along who are thinking about things like the VIP room, gilded tavern, DD2 flair rewards. The Corrupt GW preview is doing exactly that - driving motivation. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, LAWLTA said:

Just to clarify, there is zero money taken out of your account at the time of your pledge. It only gets taken out after the Kickstarter campaign accomplishes it's goal.

Oh yes, I know