ThatSolar

A whole lot of suggestions!

Hey all! I have a whole selection of neat ideas that would work rather well for DD2! Enjoy!

Exotic - A new, red quality and the items in such quality had EXTREME mods and such items would be untradable and unsellable. They would be obtainable from new INTERACTIVE bosses and resets. These weapons would have new shot types, shot counts, weight either heavier than heavy or lighter than light, Higher extra speed and MORE!

Now someone at floor 925 couln't farm special Betsy weaponary at floor 25. They could only do it at floor 925. (Basicly you could only get such weapons at you highest boss floor reached!)

New weakspots! Spiders would have their legs be their weakspots, etc.

Every 25 floors you could fight Betsy, a more interactive version. If you wielded swords you would do more dmg to wings as if you’re cutting them. Guns and bows do more damage to eyes ect. Beating said boss would give weapons of the new Exotic tier. Higher the floor, higher chances of such items have their special mod be 10/10. Barb mod could be gliding for Y secs with weps and every X attacks you could boost tower speed over the cap, like Betsy. (On floors like 25, 50, 75, etc.)

Every 50 floors there would be the new boss, the spider boss! This boss would climb all over its arena. It could summon smaller spiders! Would give special spider weapons and, possibly, a new cool spider pet with new abilities! The legs of this spider would be its weakspot, and if you hot them with a blade it would deal even more damage! One of the exotic weapons you would get would be ''Spider's Fang'', an bow that was used to be sold by the blacksmith, but is now unobtainable. (On floors like 51, 101, 151, etc.)

Every 75 Floors you would encounter Harbinger. Same story as betsy. He could open up portals from different maps and spawn enemies and bosses from it. (Gobu bosses and enemies for dragonfall town, pirate enemies and bosses from pirate maps etc. He could pull ya with da powah of the old ones. (On floors like 76, 152, 228, etc.)

You could NOT put defenses in the arenas of these bosses! You would have to dodge, attack and plan ahead to win and gain these new rewards!!!

APs would allow for C8 gear to be upgraded to its old level for free (apart from C0-C7, just C8). They would also sometimes grant new weapons of the Exotic quality available ONLY from resets.

Playverse Accounts - Accounts for playverse that could sync with Steam accounts (and vice-versa). They would allow for a player to get into the game without being logged into Steam. Would be useful for situations when a user can’t access their Steam account but still wants to play the game. This could also apply for DDA since the game will have offline play. 

Edited by ThatSolar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TE said that the reset process would get looked at, but not that CG has taken over and the future of DD2 has a timer on it, i am very doubtful that any meaningful changes will occur to it. 

I love the ideas of having the big boss fights. That is something i felt was really missing from DD2. We got them in campaign...and then all we have are lane bosses ad nauseam. 

Exotic level weapons sound cool. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

TE said that the reset process would get looked at, but not that CG has taken over and the future of DD2 has a timer on it, i am very doubtful that any meaningful changes will occur to it. 

I love the ideas of having the big boss fights. That is something i felt was really missing from DD2. We got them in campaign...and then all we have are lane bosses ad nauseam. 

Exotic level weapons sound cool. 

Don't know if you're aware of it, but CG is indeed TE! Its just a name change, nothing more. They did also say that there will still be updates! 

LOL, yes i am aware, and CG is comprised of TE and new people, so it is not just the same company. I made the distinction because things that TE said will not necessary be done by CG. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaws_420 said:

LOL, yes i am aware, and CG is comprised of TE and new people, so it is not just the same company. I made the distinction because things that TE said will not necessary be done by CG. 

Ah, well its just a name change so they are sticking to what they said. Also they are currently working on an update. 

Well, they very purposely have not said almost anything since DEC, most likely because that is when the CG wheels began to turn. Anything said before then should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Since then the only thing we have been told is that the next changes will be player focuses and QoL based mostly. That to me means small adjustments. Since we now know that all production effort and staff will mostly be focused on DDA, especially with their very aggressive go live date, that DD2 will not be their prime focus. That also means to me that huge changes to fundamental system in DD2 are likely not to occur, as those often cause huge issues and bugs as a result, and they simply will not have the staff and time to work those bugs. Huge unresolved bugs tend to drive players away, and neither side wants that. So i think a very realistic guesstimation will be that very small changes will happen to DD2 until DDA is up and running smoothly, and even then much of the palyerbase will likely move over to DDA at that point. I am not expecting huge changes in DD2 any more, and things like changing how the entire reset process works would be a huge change. New levels, weapons, flair, or heroes are much more likely, as those have likely already been in development before CG showed up on the radar. 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaws_420 said:

Well, they very purposely have not said almost anything since DEC, most likely because that is when the CG wheels began to turn. Anything said before then should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Since then the only thing we have been told is that the next changes will be player focuses and QoL based mostly. That to me means small adjustments. Since we now know that all production effort and staff will mostly be focused on DDA, especially with their very aggressive go live date, that DD2 will not be their prime focus. That also means to me that huge changes to fundamental system in DD2 are likely not to occur, as those often cause huge issues and bugs as a result, and they simply will not have the staff and time to work those bugs. Huge unresolved bugs tend to drive players away, and neither side wants that. So i thin a vert realistic guesstimation will be that very small changes will happen to DD2 until DDA is up and running smoothly, and even then much of the palyerbase will likely move over to DDA at that point. I am not expecting huge changes in DD2 any more, and things like changing how the entire reset process works would be a huge change. New levels, weapons, or heroes are much more likely, as those have likely already been in development before CG showed up on the radar. 

I am talking about what the devs said on the discord. Also I wonder if Workshop could help

I really like the exotic weapons tier suggestion! I've always been waiting for a red tier above legendary. Though the name I was thinking on back then was "Unreal" and now also "Omega". But "Exotic" is also pretty cool!

I also like the spider boss suggestion there! Though I think that should replace Drakenfrost Keep to make Onslaught more unique. And I think Betsy & Harbinger should be back in Expeditions like how defense is back in the days of NM4. 

With this (Just the spider boss), the Endgame suggestion (Game Structural Improvements) that I've made and some QoLs, I think DD2 would be a complete game before the timer is up. Basically all I want is that. (I think I'll update my thread with the spider suggestion! Though I would like to tweak that too.)

Edited by Paloverde zfogshooterz
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Jaws_420 said:

Well, they very purposely have not said almost anything since DEC, most likely because that is when the CG wheels began to turn. Anything said before then should be taken with a huge grain of salt. Since then the only thing we have been told is that the next changes will be player focuses and QoL based mostly. That to me means small adjustments. Since we now know that all production effort and staff will mostly be focused on DDA, especially with their very aggressive go live date, that DD2 will not be their prime focus. That also means to me that huge changes to fundamental system in DD2 are likely not to occur, as those often cause huge issues and bugs as a result, and they simply will not have the staff and time to work those bugs. Huge unresolved bugs tend to drive players away, and neither side wants that. So i think a very realistic guesstimation will be that very small changes will happen to DD2 until DDA is up and running smoothly, and even then much of the palyerbase will likely move over to DDA at that point. I am not expecting huge changes in DD2 any more, and things like changing how the entire reset process works would be a huge change. New levels, weapons, flair, or heroes are much more likely, as those have likely already been in development before CG showed up on the radar. 

Gotta say, I would have agree that despite Chromatic saying that DD2 would go on (which I am glad), also saying that most of the work will go on to DDA and saying DD2 will be having QoL updates is definitely not reassuring either as BIG surprises and news that us DD2 fans were expecting is left quite ambiguous. However, they said that they are figuring out on how to evolve the game to the right direction. I want to take them word-by-word. But right now, I don't really know. Let's see about the next check-in I guess.

I don't really care if the updates is slow, as long as they (big or small) are coming and the road to completing and polishing the game (of course in the right direction) is still there even after DDA is live. I'll be happy.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 12:14 AM, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

I also like the spider boss suggestion there! Though I think that should replace Drakenfrost Keep to make Onslaught more unique. And I think Betsy & Harbinger should be back in Expeditions like how defense is back in the days of NM4. 

Alright, I have a change of opinion, definitely agreed to have the spider boss at every 50 floors (to think of it, that does makes it rare which is pretty cool) and having Betsy in Onslaught. At this point, I personally prefer her than the Drakenlorded Drakenfrost keep. Really wish she replaced that map in Onslaught.

• Like 1