Sign in to follow this  
Tyroki

Goblin Copters...

Final question: Will these unfun monstrosities be gone for good, or at least be unable to dump Ogres in to your back-line?

3 hours ago, Tyroki said:

Final question: Will these unfun monstrosities be gone for good, or at least be unable to dump Ogres in to your back-line?

What you mean?! Goblin copters were the best enemies in game! Totally not made to screw you and your backline over!

• Like 1

I like them, although I think Chromatic could probably make a good game without them.

How much I hate them I feel like they really increase the difficulty of the game overal. Due to Goblin Copters you have to rethink your strategy to prevent this or to be prepared for this.

Posted (edited)

Personally I would like to see more enemy variety in DDA than DD1, not less.

giphy.gif

Just want to leave this here too.  These are DD2 assets, a few of which were never released (left side-wolves, spider, Ogre).  I would love to see more enemies in DDA.

ih7BeTr.jpg

Edited by gotrunks712
Add another image
  • Like 2

I'd gladly trade Copters for Cyborks/Rollers/Kobolts/Drakenlord. 

I'd happily trade in the Copters for a variety of things from DD2. That's fine. Those we can play around.

Copters as they were, were bad gameplay.

I find it hard to understand the hate for copters, even more so after starting DD1 over again recently. I'm guessing a lot of people struggled with them back in the day and that's all they can remember? 

5 hours ago, Tyroki said:

Those we can play around.

You don't even need to "play around" copters unless you're massively under-geared for a map. They spawn in wyvern lanes where you should already have defenses set up, and to make it even easier on a lot of maps most wyvern lanes are something your defenses will deal with long before the mobs come close to being "on" the map which means the ogres the copters carry get insta-killed.

On most maps you get plenty of time to deal with them before they're able to drop the ogre off and they're not even remotely a threat if you can stop that. 

King's Game is the only map I can think of where they regularly manage to drop ogres off and that's only because it seems like the drop off points are at the sides of the map instead of being close to the crystals for some reason. Other than that they're basically a joke.