I'm a returning player for the new update and new map and was wondering how the rewards for Emerald City compare to Akatiti etc. And if I would want to complete it to unlock survival for farming armor?

The sword is good for the CR2 boss. 

The staff is good for its 1.1x player speed bonus.  It's the only staff with a bonus like that.  Other than that, it's similar to a bloodshot staff.

The spear hits like a truck on melee, but you can't really use it with a seahorse.  Good with mega chicken or monkey.

All three weapons are pretty, so you could also use them for that reason.  I don't really see any use for the gun, though.

• Like 2

I can add that the gun can be used as a mana weapon, it works pretty alright with the 3 projectiles it has

For the Emerald Staff, does anyone know how they were intended to be upgraded? I had one with 400-ups and tested putting points primarily into the main damage stat (which corresponds to poison dmg from the looks of it), and separately with the actual elemental dmg stat (electric on mine specifically), but the staff never broke 1.2Mish DPS on a jester with 3k-ish Hero Atk.

I know my Hero Atk isn't very high, but I can pretty easily break 2M with other notable staffs (the Akatiti Clava and the whatever the Temple Of Water Staff is called), so I was kind of disappointed that the 400-ups Emerald Staff seemed so lackluster.

Maybe you get the most dmg out of it by trying to match the Main Dmg stat and the Elemental Dmg Stat maybe? (i.e. instead of putting all of your points into one or the other).

Tried looking to see if anyone included the Emerald Staff in a Jester Guide, but couldn't find any tips for what to look for in a good DPS version of the item.

Edited by g_cracka88

@Kappaccino - after semi-recently beating it for the first time, I unfortunately don't think there is a survival mode on Emerald City (I didn't see it as an option when I checked at least)

On 3/11/2019 at 1:45 AM, g_cracka88 said:

For the Emerald Staff, does anyone know how they were intended to be upgraded? I had one with 400-ups and tested putting points primarily into the main damage stat (which corresponds to poison dmg from the looks of it), and separately with the actual elemental dmg stat (electric on mine specifically), but the staff never broke 1.2Mish DPS on a jester with 3k-ish Hero Atk.

I know my Hero Atk isn't very high, but I can pretty easily break 2M with other notable staffs (the Akatiti Clava and the whatever the Temple Of Water Staff is called), so I was kind of disappointed that the 400-ups Emerald Staff seemed so lackluster.

Maybe you get the most dmg out of it by trying to match the Main Dmg stat and the Elemental Dmg Stat maybe? (i.e. instead of putting all of your points into one or the other).

Tried looking to see if anyone included the Emerald Staff in a Jester Guide, but couldn't find any tips for what to look for in a good DPS version of the item.

You want to upgrade it all into the base damage (poison)