Tyroki

How is an October Release Possible?

Are you lot at Chromatic intending to release into Early Access or is the game really that close to release?

From what I know of game development, it usually takes a few years to get a game ready for release, right?

Especially a game with the scope and content of DD1 with new content, rebuilt systems. upgraded visuals and more?

Or does the answer come from the "Reusing assets" thing?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Tyroki said:

Are you lot at Chromatic intending to release into Early Access or is the game really that close to release?

They've said in several other posts that they do not plan to do Early Access.

14 minutes ago, Tyroki said:

Or does the answer come from the "Reusing assets" thing?

It appears that they will just be porting the DD1 assets into Unreal 4, updating some of the visuals and tweaking some of the stat progression stuff.  And they've already had part of the team working on it for an unknown period of time.

Also, these are the top game developers/designers to ever come out of UF so they got that going for them, which is nice.

Edited by russman

We have a team that's very familiar with how to build a Dungeon Defenders game.  And fortunately with Unreal Engine 4, it speeds up our ability to develop by a ton.  The successful Kickstarter will let us expand our team a bit more and add more content to the final project, but in terms of game features and systems, we're able to get them done in a very aggressive timeframe.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Martin Arcainess said:

I dont know...some people like it agressive....

Especially in this context

hopefully this doesn’t mean you guys are rushing the game out and fixing it later like other companies 

1 hour ago, super_slayan said:

hopefully this doesn’t mean you guys are rushing the game out and fixing it later like other companies 

Closed beta is important for the devops to see how it's being received by actual players. So I guess you should get involved in backing and participating in the closed beta when it comes :classic_smile:

• Like 1

The former community manager tweeted about the kick starter and how he had been keeping the secret for a long time.

He left ages ago, so clearly they have been doing this a while!  

9 hours ago, el genius said:

Closed beta is important for the devops to see how it's being received by actual players. So I guess you should get involved in backing and participating in the closed beta when it comes :classic_smile:

i backed the first day. i might or might not participate in the beta. if it is limited to a few maps/levels i will.