I know it is early days, but has there been any discussion regarding the direction of DLC packs for DDA? 

Specifically, I'd like to know if the idea of a season pass or early bundle that allows access to a breadth of content over time is being explored. I know the "season pass" concept can be a touchy subject, but when I look back on what DD1 was like there were  many times where I felt overwhelmed by the amount of DLC available. I know the Eternia Shards packs touched on this concept - maybe something similar again? 

I'd love to be able to pay up front for a content pack, at a potentially reduced price, to get access to new DLC rather than buy it piecemeal. Avoiding the takeout menu effectt of DD1 would be great. 

2019-03-05 16_18_22-Window.png

• Like 2

I'd buy a season pass... They did offer that on PS3 for the DLC's on DD1. If something similar is offered on PS4, i'll be buying that immediately. 

We're planning on doing DLC packs, but not to the same quantity of DD1.  We'd like ours to be chunkier, more substantial, but still fairly low priced.  I don't think we'll have a "season pass" as it were, but we're still establishing our plans for follow up content.

We're open to exploring the ideas though.  We just want to make a more "traditional" retail game release, as it's the best business model for our company at this time.

• Like 10

Just now, Elandrian said:

We're planning on doing DLC packs, but not to the same quantity of DD1.  We'd like ours to be chunkier, more substantial, but still fairly low priced.  I don't think we'll have a "season pass" as it were, but we're still establishing our plans for follow up content.

Even knowing the packs will be meatier is great news. As much as I loved having DLC in DD1, it was sometimes hard to know what was going to deliver the best value since there was just so much of it. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I don't mind the DLC approach or the season pass.  But I'd prefer the DLC route.  Buy what you want.  Without microtransactions, the company has to have recurring revenue somehow.

Edited by russman

1 minute ago, Elandrian said:

Amazing! This comment is music to my ears.

1 minute ago, Elandrian said:

We like it CHONKY.
giphy.gif

according to Gabriel Iglesias (comedian) It's Fluffy not Chonkayyyy! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So DLC more along the lines of the 'Quest for the Shards' DLC?  Also I wanted to point out all the holiday DLC that is sold on the store now was actually given away free at the time it was first launched (if I recall right, it was several years go).  I appreciated that they gave us free holiday mini-DLC back then.

One slight concern I have... is the DLC for DDA going to simply be an 'updated' version of the DD1 DLC or are we talking entirely new DLC content?  And maybe the old DD1 DLC will come with the base DDA?

Edited by Metro

29 minutes ago, Metro said:

So DLC more along the lines of the 'Quest for the Shards' DLC?  Also I wanted to point out all the holiday DLC that is sold on the store now was actually given away free at the time it was first launched (if I recall right, it was several years go).  I appreciated that they gave us free holiday mini-DLC back then.

One slight concern I have... is the DLC for DDA going to simply be an 'updated' version of the DD1 DLC or are we talking entirely new DLC content?  And maybe the old DD1 DLC will come with the base DDA?

I think the a lot of that depends on the success of the kickstarter.  Based on what I've read, the number of heroes depends on how high the kickstarter flex goals get, in addition to other things like number of maps, challenges, etc. I wouldn't assume anything in the game is going to be DD1 ported over, especially since a lot of things have to be rebuilt in the new engine.

• Like 1