Martin Arcainess

What you want and don't want in DDA

Posted (edited)

Edit2: tldr keep everything the same from dd1, but get rid of buff beams, nerf the wheel, lt's, and dsts, then add a hero deck and auto collect.

Want i want:

Pets to be returned from dd1 and useful

Megachicken

Propeller cat

Survival mode

Seahorses

Pets rewarded in survival like in dd1

Dd1 tavern. Dd2's was too big imo

Coal

Diamonds

A trading scene

Cosmetic set bonuses

Acc that give stats and i can see on my hero

Hero customization

Skins that affect the heroes stats

The eternia shard maps 

Auto collect

Hero deck

Ult/Ult+/Ult++ gear

Being able to drop items on my tavern floor.

A kick button for host

Events

Challenge maps (like volcanic eruption)

Edit: Build timers (almost forgot this)

What I don't want

Buff beams

Whatever the social hub thing was

Mods

Shards

Tha hatching eggs for pets

Feeding the pets

Pets growing affection

Pets unlocking abilities as they grow

Basically the entire pet system from dd2. It was annoying.

Chaos system

Iwpr or whatever that gear score was

Vote to kick

I'm probably missing some stuff from dd2 i didn't like but this covers a lot of it.

Edited by nenno15
  • Like 1

Due to the length I refuse to read it all and I doubt the devs won't read it either.

Anyways personally:

1. 1k item limit or more

2. Splitscreen not give advantage (tired of almost being forced to farm solo)

3. SENSITIVITY OPTIONS DOWN TO 0.01 TO MANUALLY ENTER (caps because this is a big one)

4. NO MOUSE SMOOTHING/ACCELERATION/DECELERATION (big one again)

5. NO FPS CAP

6. Dirtier Art Style (not the stupidly clean look seen in the trailer. Monk aura looks terrible in trailer)

7. Ability to farm OP low level items like in DD1 (This game tons of life to the game for me. I have level 30 characters with 2k build stats but -1000 other stats and level 71 characters with 4k stats)

8. Events 

9. Event Items that aren't the best you can get but are useful (ie Rainmaker=No vs 666 Tower stat wep=yes) 

10. Not randomized events but also better event system

I chose to go after the less talked about things.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

More armor sets like the Zamira set that is tie to map rewards.  Armor sets would have a greater set bonus than wearing random armor of the same type.

Armor types giving a special set bonus depending on type:  Example leather gives a runspeed bonus, pristine gives a bonus to all tower specs, plate gives a bonus to all resist, ...

On top of pets, reaching a wave in survival could also rewards armor sets, weapons, ...

Multiple ways to increase forge spaces and store spaces.

Edited by herbapou
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, herbapou said:

More armor sets like the Zamira

I liked the Zamira set.  Was kinda disappointed that it was the only of it's kind.

• Like 1

ZoOm: not just camera angles, but camera zooms (even just 'Near' and 'Far'). I have a good-sized television, but get headaches trying to figure out which defense I'm about to upgrade, or if an enemy just sneaked past me. My boyfriend is constantly angrily cursing how close the camera is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hey Chromatic,

First of all, congrats on the change to Chromatic, i hope you make an awesome game.

To that end, i have had a few people recommend i mention a few ideas...completely up to you if you use them.

I had a thought last night, what if the enemies were more like player characters in that they wore the armour they might drop?
If an ogre has a base HP of say 1mill, but had a HP rate of 250 Health per Hero Health stat point, and wore armour with random stats, they could be a lot more powerful than their base HP (and this could be done with many stats, speed, Damage, cast rate for their poison balls maybe), this would make an ogre with 1mill hp base maybe be able to have 5mill hp if the gear they were wearing had high stats. this would make them a challenging enemy. Furthermore, this enemy could have a  chance to drop armour, much like they would normally, but perhaps this could be a chance to drop the armour they were wearing. i think this would make the enemies feel less Same-y, and make sense that the harder enemies, with more stats, had a chance to drop better gear.
This could be applies across the board to all enemies, this might be a horrible idea too, i dunno.

Second thought, which i think might have already been suggested, thought of, considered, i dunno.
Survival, its kinda a lifestyle at the endgame...i think it would be Awesome if we could save the state of our survival may at a build wave, then come back to it. prolly lots of stuff to figure out in the fringes of this one, but my friend and I spent a good loong while on a survival map yesterday, and are pretty limited to how often we can do them because they can take so long in the end game, perhaps this would be a nice middle ground and let us play a few waves on weeknights when we cant give 5 hours to a survival map.

Thanks heaps for creating Dungeon Defenders, i have had a Great time playing over the last 7 years, i truly hope you make another amazing game in DDA.

regards,
Urgle

Edited by Urglefloggah
  • Like 3

Heyo. I've got bukoo hours in DD1, and hardly any in DD2. I played DD2 early on, and all the constant changes and choices really soured me on the game. It may have been different if I had waited for the final release, but I didn't. 

Now a days I am older and wiser, and avoid ALL "Early-access" and "pre-orders" and "pre-releases". Fool me once with delivering nothing or garbage, shame on them. Fool me two, three and then four times? Shame on me for believing that developers can be trusted to deliver a product when they already have cash in hand.

I've been playing a ridiculous amount of Path of Exile recently, if you want an example of "End Game Content done Right".

Wanted:

1) More maps that you can have choke points in. One of my biggest complaints in DD2 - you couldn't stem the tide of enemies. Granted, I didn't play long because I hated the play style choices, but I got the feeling that no matter what I did the enemies WERE coming through, and there was nothing I could do about it.

2) More seige-like maps. The first boss in DD1 comes to mind. Relatively small map, with a central courtyard that all the enemies converge on.

3) More "mob stopping" creations / heroes.

4) Fewer simultaneous mob 'lanes'. Maybe a different progression path for single player and multiplayer? Perhaps both sets of maps could be played either way, but there is a huge design difference between what is fun with a group and fun by yourself. I travel a LOT for my job, and crappy hotel internet is not conducive to a fun multiplayer environment.

Not Wanted:

1) Loot boxes? Get those outta here. Don't be yet another developer using these. The science is there, they are predatory, unscrupulous developers target them at 'whales', and at least for me, it just isn't fun to have a 1% chance of getting the thing I want, and a 99% chance of getting 197 other unwanted things. And content gated behind loot boxes? Don't even think about it. If you are going to have them, do them right, absolutely nothing progression or character strength related should be in them. Cosmetics only. Pay-to-win is a common sign of a bad game.

2) Less of a FPS run-n-gun game like DD2 and more of a strategic game like DD1. Change is fine, but DD1 was the play style that got me hooked. Flow management!

3) Ultra-grinds. I am ok with 90% of content being accessible with a moderate time investment, and 10% for the hardcore 2% of players that want to dedicate their lives to DDA. This does not include Canyon Map - Easy, Medium, Hard, Ultra style gating. I'm talking about content gate grinds like "You need 1000 dingle-shards to repair the dingleberry gate to get to Uranus maps..." and the shards only drop rarely enough that you need to grind through 900 maps to get them.

3b) I get the most enjoyment out of leveling schemes that is exponential leveling. Where you can get through levels 1-50 or whatever relatively easily but the higher tier content is accessible to levels 51-75, which each level is harder to get than the last. There should be NOTHING that is 'required' to have max level to access or do, but there should be perk(s) for obtaining it.

4) More simultaneous 'lanes'. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 7:13 PM, Urglefloggah said:

Snip

I like the ideas of enemies wearing the gear they drop (that would definitely change how i play) and survival save points!

• Like 1

PUT ME ON THE DEV TEAM

Everything From DD1 Literally, If the game is supposed to be technically a remaster I do not want anything missing. The Devs even said they plan on bringing the soul back so they better keep that goddamn soul by not removing anything. I will touch on some things I believe need touch ups and or things to add.

-- I have to start with this ladies and gentleman. KEEP ALL THAT BULLSHIT FROM DD2 IN DD2 THAT SHIT IS AIDS. there is not a single piece of that game that made me say wow this is really a great game! The only AND I MEAN LITERALLY THE ONLY thing i would be okay with is the new barbarian with his abilities do not get me started on how much i love that new hero. (dryad is neeeeet too)

-- Equipment. I love the fact of sets but I feel there should be a further clarification of what those sets offer. Everyone knows there are your Hero Hero's and your Tower Hero's when you're playing this game especially starting off you cant do both literally (The OG's Know you gotta spend those goddamn points on certain stats first SQUIRE MOVEMENT SPEED). Back to my point maybe we create sets for certain maps. Say we make a map where the Hero is now the eternia crystal and you do not use towers, but those maps drop hero specific loot. And for tower sets we create more tower oriented maps. But we still keep the normal maps where it can drop the best of both worlds if youre playing with your boys, but if you're someone playing solo and need certain stats for a hero you can easily go and get it instead of farming a map by yourself with 6 different hero's in hopes for that piece that can take you to the next level.

-- Loot Filter Please, There was something like this in DD1 where you could specify which loot you wanted and above, but that was only for your map. If you choose a loot filter for example like godly. you shouldnt be able to physically see "bobs torn kilt" covering the item you actually want.

-- Enemies? I would enjoy less assassins? or none? I may be a pussy butttttt having those things run full speed over my towers to one shot me because i am playing my "tower hero" on a hardcore map where i am no longer in the game and then to watch them attack my towers from behind is just redic sometimes. Later game i know it gets better but early game its rough.

SHARKS??? every time a shark pushs a wall i feel like my nut is punched get rid of them.

Spiders- i understand them gotta have diverse monsters that make the game hard, but literally the best way to counter those things are summoners archers but if you dont have summoner its really hard to stop those things especially on larger maps.

-- Stats I enjoy the stats of DD1 spending hundreds of points into a stat feels so good pouring all my love into something, But movement speed should have a all around base and be removed.

Pets should not be used for stats in my opinion they should be used more for their abilities or what they can do for your hero. and please add a question mark you can click on that tells you what the pet does not having to google it.

-- NOW THIS Will be my biggest add to the game I am a huge fan of the game "Path Of Exile" so i thought it would be cool if they added "Maps". Now i know it would be difficult to create random generated tower defense maps. But hear me out because i think this would be a great add to the game. There are maps that are easier to farm and easier to gear up out of and certain maps you just do not wanna touch because they are not worth your time or you do not like them so much. But with this map system Say you were farming "Alchemical labratory" and you ended up getting a "Torn Gardens Map", lets say for example this map increased Old Ones Army Hp by 22% and increased rare drops by 11%. Now when you get out of that map you have the choice of  keep farming it or playing that new map you just received because now you have a  "Map" that you can go do that could possibly give you more loot even if its a map you personally hate but you are more likely to play that map because of the increases. Instead of farming the best and fastest map constantly till you get that end game gear.

-- Tower Priority please give us an option to change wether our towers attack the last unit the first unit the strongest unit etc forgot about this had to sneak it in.

-- Hero Changes

Squire - Seriously? 3 Walls? I only ever remember using the barricade wall never really used the bouncer end game nor the spinning blade wall i just need a good wall with high health and defense. So I figured maybe we give him a unit? i understand the summoner is a unit based character but why just make it only him? What if we give the squire a unit thats like a tank where he looks like the training dummies in the tavern but with legs? maybe some underwear on his bottom? ;) and with units you can make them have a pathing / patroling indicator so he doesnt stand there getting shot at by archers and wizards doing nothing, but he also doesnt move so far your towers are no longer in range to help him. also what if the squire had a tower that was a keg? it would produce beer mugs that you can drink for a heal if needed?

Barbarian - I love this hero but i feel the DD2 hero is a pure upgrade. All his stances were bogus in DD1 and had to huge of draw backs, thunder stance i never really used it hurt way to much. Turtle stance was good for tanking ogres, tornado stance literally lowered your DPS and the attack speed bonus didnt make up for it so i found it useless, and the lifesteal was fine if you didnt need as much Resistance as you possibly could get especially with the cap. Hawk stance is fine i have no issue with that, the leap should be more like DD2 where you can choose where you would like to leap to. and honestly just remove the 3 blade swing idk when you would ever in your life hit that button.

Series EV - Have any of you guys played dexters laboratory on cartoon network when you were younger? there was a game where there was a battery and mirrors and you had to bounce the beam around to the charger? yeah i think her proton beam should be like that she should set up and battery and have to bounce the beam with mirrors through the lane, and have it so the beam has a bigger width range so you do not have to create 6 of them per lane. and maybe she also gets a unit? but maybe that unit is a repair bot that walks around repairing towers that are damaged.

Summoner - difference between Orc and Ogre were HUGE, literally the ogre dominated the orc but the ogre didnt have enough width to hold a choke. The goblins would walk right past him to the crystal so you would be forced to use the orcs to make a "wall" losing out on using the ogre in general. Maybe we can combat this by making "walls" have some form of taunt to where the minions dont just walk past them. The assassins are useless i loved watching them fight but they would just go out and get themselves killed, and if you have a map with ledges they just triple back flip no scope into the abyss, there goes your 3 star. Spiders were great but i wish they had a mechanic where they cant attack with melee but just sit back shooting webs kinda like a catapult only tower like the watermelon from plants vs zombies.

Huntress - You either get caught with the Trapper Or the Gunner, and if you're a trapper weapons are useless to you. So i had a thought you ever play that rachet and clank game? and there were sometimes you could play clank? well what if you got a weapon that shot clanks? and those clanks would go and repair your traps instead of you going out and getting yourself killed when your traps are on their last life. And obviously the stats on the gun would increases your clanks, like their life or how many you could shoot out how fast they can repair etc.

Apprentice - Get rid of the 1 defense wall and maybe make a arcane rune he can put under the tower that buffs the tower maybe makes it more resistant or tankier, but hes supposed to be paired with the squire in my opinion so having him with a wall seems pointless especially if you have to wait for the enemies to attack it for their element to get taken off because at that point if you used his wall what use is the squire other then blocking the ogre when he comes.

Monk - Rage aura seems uesless to me i never feel like i NEED it on the field at any point in time. Maybe change it to the minions take more damage but they also do more damage? seems fitting a double edged sword. I think the monk needs changes but i honestly cannot figure out what i would do with him. I wanted to make a entirely new hero like a "bard" that buffs like he does and thats what he would be used for but then i dont know what i would replace the monks abilities with maybe a avatar mode where he can control all 4 elements. :O

Thats all I have For Now

-- Also I didnt add this but I think there should be a treasure goblin. I know when im playing the Hero in my group i dont feel like i have alot of worth, i mainly am used for when ogres coming if ogres are a problem but eventually the towers can handle everything and im not really needed. So if there was a treasure goblin by chance it would give me adrenaline to want to kill him so i can have worth to my team that i just got them a huge reward. But i want that treasure goblin to be hard to kill i dont want him to be a treasure goblin like from diablo where you could easily kill it, i want that goblin to kite me around the map like im his B**** so i actually feel the accomplishment of killing it. Maybe he even drops a side portal you can go in and you now attack old ones armys while they are trying to come through the protals / doors for a brief moment increasing your loot even futher like some gimli and aragon helms deep bridge type shit? maybe you even copy diablo alittle bit and have different types of treasure goblins like how they have the "greed" goblin maybe that would be for huge amounts of mana "currency".

What I want

-The way loot and the stats on loot worked in DD1. A lot of people talk about the negative rolls, where some stats are negative and others are positive. I really like this. DD2 gear felt really bland and boring to me.

-More customization for heroes. I liked character creation in DD1 with 3 colors to color your character. A thing I want is the option to change the character's gender. In DD1 the 4 main heroes and the 4 heroes of the opposite gender had the same buildings and similar abilities. In DDA it would make more sense to have them be the same hero. The Summoner and Ev had skins of the opposite "gender". Maybe its better to call them "masculine" and "feminine", because summoner is some sort of dark force in a robe and EV is, well, a robot. It would be cool to see a female barbarian as well. The female/male could then have different skins or the same skins but different looks to match the gender.

-A lot more useful accessories. In DD1 endgame you only see accessories from a few different maps. You see everybody with the same beard and tophat. I think this could be improved by having accessories drop with random colors(a lot of different colors, in arcane library you can get glasses in the different colors, red, yellow, green). And a bigger pool of accs for each map. Accessories are supposed to add detail to your character while also having good stats. It would be fun to try to get that orange cowboy hat to match your orange bracers. With your orange pet monkey, ofcourse. More color variation please!

• Like 1

What I want: 

More like DD1. Please for the love of god get rid of all the awful currencies, and just utterly scrap that *terrible* hero deck. I despised the ability to swap heroes in combat, it really felt like it removed the importance of choice. It was by far one of my least favorite aspects of DDII, and boy were there a lot of things I disliked. The UI was certainly chief among them. Too many loading screens, too many screens period, information was everywhere... It was kind of a general mess. The less influence you take from DD:E or DDII, the better the game will be. 

Focus on the gameplay and the fun of the towers and the weapons and the general feel of defending the crystal. Bring back crystal skins. Harder difficulties. Weird, strange mobs that get added on the high end. Make choice matter. Make what you level matter. Make how you spec matter.  

Said it in another thread, but fits here too: Definitive ages/fixing the ages for the characters. I think the looks of the characters for DDA are real great, but I think they'd still be a little weird if they were still the same ages they apparently were in 1. I think aging up those characters/ giving us any set of info would help us move past the, let's just put it lightly for here, mess of the previous version of the game. It's a time travel story apparently, they def have some way to do it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Xurtan said:

Please for the love of god get rid of all the awful currencies, and just utterly scrap that *terrible* hero deck. I despised the ability to swap heroes in combat, it really felt like it removed the importance of choice.

IIRC they said we'll have a hero deck of 3 characters that you can swap in and out during the build phase only.

It's a time travel story apparently, they def have some way to do it.

I thought it was a time travel to the past. Not sure how that would make them older. Maybe we could play the DD1 character's parents.

Personally there isn't a single thing I preferred artistically in DD2 over DD1. I prefer the way DD1 characters looked way more and I'm really not a fan of the brighter colors. Are you supposed to be enjoying a walk under the sun or be in a life threatening fight with the Dark ones where everything's at stake.

Edited by Windex

18 minutes ago, Windex said:

IIRC they said we'll have a hero deck of 3 characters that you can swap in and out during the build phase only.

I thought it was a time travel to the past. Not sure how that would make them older. Maybe we could play the DD1 character's parents.

Personally there isn't a single thing I preferred artistically in DD2 over DD1. I prefer the way DD1 characters looked way more and I'm really not a fan of the brighter colors. Are you supposed to be enjoying a walk under the sun or be in a life threatening fight with the Dark ones where everything's at stake.

What i mean is basically I just want them to just retcon the ages to something that would be less skeevy to look back on, if that makes sense

wants in DDA

- the gear levelling system in DD1 i thought was super cool
 - all the skills and abilities + attacks from DD1 in DDA
 - ALL squire towers were super cool in DD1 - bring them all back
 - i am hoping monks auras will be same as DD1 as well (my fav thing about it. on the note of monks auras only should decrease in health while a mob is inside of them dealing damage - not slowly degrade overtime whether or not a mob is inside or not
 - the huntress bombs in DD1 were awesome - maybe replace one with like a gravity pulse that pulls enemies into the centre but have it at a reduced range?
 - shards in DD2 i like the idea of adding power to towers but there is too many - also if there is going to be stuff similiar to shards in DDA have the three types available where you have a medallion for main stat of power, sphere - main stat for tower speed and the other one for defence health. (totem now that it came to me but add an RNG factor with a 50% chance it will have a crit chance % or a crit dmg % but the crit dmg/chance
 - a challenge mode where the items are more valued meaning that in challenge mode level 5 the item will be slightly better than the level 5 campaign counterpart? something like that to make doing challenges worthwhile.
 - i liked the survive as long as you can mode - always fun even when i did super bad.
 - an interactive boss like the dragon in DD1 and others similar to it.
 - the cool special levels like underwater and in the sky - those were fun
 - level specific type of boss? like in the sewers you would fight something that swings a mace at you or something. i dunno but boss fights were cool in DD1
 - able to change characters during waves like in DD2
thats all the wants i would like to see in the DDA for now. at least those are the main things i enjoyed most about DD1
 - pets and pet abilities were way better in DD1 - i had a fairy with a healing power - i enjoyed that A LOT :D
 - environmental hazards that both harm the player AND mobs but not in a way that you can use towers to trap them there.
 - the flow of maps in DD1 made sense where as in DD2 it's jumping from one level to the next and no flow to it

now for the I DONT WANT in DDA

- i dont mind the timer in higher difficulty but in DD1 i had a really really hard time to setup doing it solo and never really had the chance to improve because of it. so maybe make the timer "optional"?
 - the crazy amount of shards to be seen in DDA - if you have like 200 shards or a shard like system i would hope they would all count in someway instead of 80% of them not being used AT ALL
 - i dont want to see any pay to win lootboxes or pay to win packages - i dont mind if the lootboxes are aesthetic stuff for characters and stuff but nothing that would give someone a headstart with an insane high stat weapon or armor piece.
 - specialty currency that would be impossibly hard to gain similar to medals in DD2 that it takes forever to save up to 10,000. make a new system for that so it's more enjoyable.

i know thats kind of long and i know theres more of i dont wants in DDA but thats all i can think of for now thank you guys for taking the time making the game to what the players want and dont want :D

• Like 1

Want I want:

A custom filter for good / green items. With that you can select one or multiple stats that are impotant for your. So an Item (e.g. on ground or in box) is only "green" if that stat is better. Or instead of give each stat a weight of 1 make it adjustable . So more points in that stat weights more into good (or bad for negative)

I want DD1 with better graphics and no cheating.  An auction house would be fun.

I don't want pretty much anything from DD2.  DD1 was an amazing game that changed my life.  I quit playing when the hacking began and the playerbase died off.  DD2 was a horrid, confusing mess.  I played for a while off the goodwill I felt from DD1, but the game got worse and worse and worse.

Simpler is better.  Don't give me overcomplication.  There should only be one in-game currency.  There shouldn't be gold, shards, super-shards, gems, diamonds, and alloys.  God forbid.

If at any point I see anything RNG selling for real money, I'm out.  If at any point I ever see anything that affects gameplay for real money, I'm out.  I don't mind purely cosmetic items for sale, where I know exactly what I'll get for the payment.    *Don't* create an in-game custom currency to try to disguise the costs of items or lock players into spending too much to get a discount.  Just sell costumes on Steam where I can see what they will cost.

I want all the maps from DD1, including the later ones that were sold.  The same goes for the characters.  I'd be willing to pay for maps and characters as DLCs.

Remember that DD1 was a tower defense game where players could do things.  Don't make it an FPS with towers.  The question going into a map should be "Will this build work?" not "Will the other players flake out?"  

Pets cools not just ugly things with good abailitys to be cool or transfer it to another pet like us with weapons

Not loot boxes already someone say it is stupid I prefer pay for a good things to over and over the same items

The trophies get experience or gold

More customers like dd1 and not this new with basic colors and no cools stuff

Make the wizard powerful it was wonderful but we need him more powerful

I love this damn game I m still playing and need a real versus to other dd Warriors a little battle royal 6 vs 6 of something to team up and earn medals anyway idk

More art obiusly I need my apprentice in cell background or PC

You will have my money if u do it correctly

(I Pre-ordered the game IAM old school player 6 years w u dude's)

Amulets and Dash from DD:Eternity was very nice and funny.....

Some sort of internal gear level requirement to complete a level (a guess at what kind of stats a character would need to do a level) and scale potential loot accordingly.

No more insane HC tavern defense where items with 60 stat bonuses drop, but the map requires 250 stat bonus items, make sense? I like specialized rewards for challenges and what not, but gear drops, appropriate for the challenge, missed the mark in quite a few DD1 maps.

Edited by MadArkael
  • Like 1

Want:

1.) DD1 item stats and grind that came with it.

2.) Shops. By far my favorite economy in a game to date. Really sad how it was removed in DDE and made poorly in DD2.

3.) Monks to return to their glory.

4.) In game events that actually mean something gear wise.

Do not want:

1.) Hero deck.

2.) DD2 currencies

3.) Lack of an economy so gold and gear is useless.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:08 AM, Andurian said:

I want DD1 with better graphics and no cheating.  An auction house would be fun.

I don't want pretty much anything from DD2.  DD1 was an amazing game that changed my life.  I quit playing when the hacking began and the playerbase died off.  DD2 was a horrid, confusing mess.  I played for a while off the goodwill I felt from DD1, but the game got worse and worse and worse.

Simpler is better.  Don't give me overcomplication.  There should only be one in-game currency.  There shouldn't be gold, shards, super-shards, gems, diamonds, and alloys.  God forbid.

If at any point I see anything RNG selling for real money, I'm out.  If at any point I ever see anything that affects gameplay for real money, I'm out.  I don't mind purely cosmetic items for sale, where I know exactly what I'll get for the payment.    *Don't* create an in-game custom currency to try to disguise the costs of items or lock players into spending too much to get a discount.  Just sell costumes on Steam where I can see what they will cost.

I want all the maps from DD1, including the later ones that were sold.  The same goes for the characters.  I'd be willing to pay for maps and characters as DLCs.

Remember that DD1 was a tower defense game where players could do things.  Don't make it an FPS with towers.  The question going into a map should be "Will this build work?" not "Will the other players flake ozzzzzzzzzut?"