Martin Arcainess

What you want and don't want in DDA

If you wear a top hat with the steampunk adept costume in DD1, it places the top hat on top of the hat that comes on the costume already, which I think is amazing.. quite a minute detail, but if accessories are displayed (hopefully there will be an option to choose), they should not override parts of a costume.

This is only my opinion, anyway

On 3/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, Bidru said:

Didnt played DD1 for kinda long time, but doesnt negatives stats means higher positives ones ? Like imagine you wanna gear up a builder then you loot a -300 hero health/+600 tower damages/range/rate, how cooler it is than a +300/+300... Like its damn cool.

I was never fond of the Builder/DPS dichotomy in DD1. I like that in DD2, armor boosts hero stats and relics boost defense stats. There's no reason to revert to a worse system.

As an anecdote, in 1000 hours of DD1, I only ever got ONE Ultimate item to drop, and it was a Pawn Shot gun with  such a huge movement speed penalty, the equipped character could barely walk. That kind of thing SHOULD NOT happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Swaping between heroes during waves

Mods. Shards. Customisation. In the end, I liked DD2 loot system better

Votekick

Events

Achievements, trophies in the tavern. Lots of trophies to show off.

Instanced loot. People should focus on the enemies, not the loot.

Jester, dryad, barb, summoner, mystic. Ev. Gender swap couterparts of every character.

Plenty of different mid boss. Goblin copters, all those from dd2.

Pay for the game, maybe a few dlc, but no free to play nonsense.

Mana given at the start of waves like dd2

Limited time to build in some game modes.

Assault maps like in dd1

Defence and assault maps, where you build defences to protect your core while trying to destroy the other team's

Each map gives a special pet or weapon as a reward. Every map should be worth farming.

DD1 pets.

Edited by Ryzours
more ideas
  • Like 1

I go from being sad to happy reading these threads. 

Wanting so many of the QoL changes from DD2 is seriously going to (once again) ruin the DDA experience.

No swaps during waves.

No one hero does it all.

Top tier gear being rare is what keeps you coming back - just make sure stats roll fair, no more jebaited gear cos the algorithm is broke. 

Yes, it can't be exactly DD1, evolution is life, but let's not be Asgardian and lose ours balls (to stick with the winning format).

9 hours ago, CatDogBunny said:

Why? DD1 was way better then DD2

Because DD2 did a few things  better then DD1.

For me it, beining on console its the control set up. DD2 did it sooo much better and spliting the mana into build and ability mana. 

You had a clear idea of gear progression so you could steadly progress in stats and the upgrade for gear was eaiser and better.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Martin Arcainess said:

Because DD2 did a few things  better then DD1.

For me it, beining on console its the control set up. DD2 did it sooo much better and spliting the mana into build and ability mana. 

You had a clear idea of gear progression so you could steadly progress in stats and the upgrade for gear was eaiser and better.

I think we are in this point so diffrent, but the console control was better. I personally hate mods and shards  and i dont think that the splitting is that good

4 hours ago, CatDogBunny said:

I think we are in this point so diffrent, but the console control was better. I personally hate mods and shards  and i dont think that the splitting is that good

The mana spliting made sense to me. You got build mana purely for building, upgrading and repairing and this should not inflict in your heros ability to use its skills so it made alot of sense. 

As for the mods/shards I loved them. Made getting loot more interesting and modding your gear the way you want it was great as for the shards same feeling. Some issues with them but only minor ones.

21 hours ago, Kobalobasileus said:

As an anecdote, in 1000 hours of DD1, I only ever got ONE Ultimate item to drop, and it was a Pawn Shot gun with  such a huge movement speed penalty, the equipped character could barely walk. That kind of thing SHOULD NOT happen.

It is an Ultimate item. What do you expect? If it didn't happen, then there'd be no reason to play or farm maps.

Could implement weekly missions to reward some sort of currency or crafting item to generate a slow but consistent flow of progression and ease some of the grinding fear some people have

3 hours ago, kitty said:

It is an Ultimate item. What do you expect? If it didn't happen, then there'd be no reason to play or farm maps.

I dont think the issue is the drop rate but when a ultra rare peice finally did drop it sucked.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Martin Arcainess said:

I dont think the issue is the drop rate but when a ultra rare peice finally did drop it sucked.

Not always, but that was part of the fun. I remember the feelings when I saw an Ultimate drop. The first thing I couldn't wait to look at was its stats. If every Ultimate drop was guaranteed to be good or usable, it wouldn't be as exciting or feel that special.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Martin Arcainess said:

i dont understand how it takes 1000 hours to farm one ultimate weapon, regardless of it being either horrible or unusable, theres something a lot worse than one item being bad here.

side note though, im pretty sure that out of all the times ive farmed kings game, ive gotten about 40 ult pawn shots and all but a handful were unusable, and by unusable, i meant that they had really dumb rolls. other than that i saw decent tower ones and dps stats stick ones. 

side side note, i dont know if you played the day or week kings game was released but if you played dd1 in its current patch and you were able to farm kings game at an average time of like 20 minutes a map (which is still really dam slow but its whatever) youd get like 3 ults an hour. kings game is a horrible map to farm for weapons though, you can farm moonbase in a third of the time for gear that drops ult more often and with better stats. i havent checked the ult weapons drops per hour but for me and my small sample of about 130 hours or so in campaign farming at around 6 minutes a run with 4 characters, ive gotten about 1 or 2 ults per run. idk about you but 1000 hours to farm one ult as opposed to 1 ult every 6 minutes is kindaaa yeah.

oh and before i get quoted and messaged about how they dropped, they all drop with 300+ in almost every stat and you constantly get mythical staffs that have multiple stats that are +400

Want: Literally anything and everything dd1 but better

Not Want: Clunky dd2 uis and any kind of micro transactions

Edited by Bonnabelle
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

A few things I'd like to see -

• If, like DD2, there will eventually be several different game modes after campaign maps, please let the game be clear on how you can smoothly progress / improve your characters, perhaps with something like a "recommended activites" screen.  If DDA has an equivalent of DD2's Champion Score then this could be factored into that.
  • Make rare loot easy to identify, perhaps with rarity icons in addition to the usual spectrum of rarity colours.  It's been years since I played DD1 so perhaps this was changed, but I remember finding it hard to filter out the absolute top-tier rarities / ultimates / whatever in amongst all of the other stuff that tended to drop.
  • I'd like to be able to complete all of the game content without relying on multiplayer. I don't mind grinding, but maybe cut us some slack in terms of having easier ways to level up new heroes. It'd be great if each hero you have that's at or above a certain level, say 50, added maybe 25% bonus experience to new characters until they also reached that level (with a cap of maybe 100% bonus).

That's all I can think of for now - maybe more later ;)

Edited by Pixelmancer
  • Like 2

What i would like to see:

1. Hero deck, made it easier to level other heroes and allow to swap on them on the fly in game
  2. Instanced loot, to keep drama away from multiplayer
  3. Keep item divided liek they are in DD2. weapon and armor for hero stats, relic for tower stats
  4. i am fine with keeping shard, but the whole system need better management to keep it. To begin with it must not take inventory space. You should only need to get the shard 1 time to be able to apply it to multiple location, still limiting it to 1 time per item. Should get rid of the straight +x% to a stat and keep the shard that modify an ability/tower.
  5. On the fence regarding ods on items. While they allow for more customisation the way they are impleented make them feel too much of a pain to move around or to level up, blame the micro transaction model.
  6. Go back to the DD1 Pets that actully had an impact
  7. Keep the item progression that is now in DD2, its nice to be able to do any map and get upgrade out of them. Would be fine with specific map having better drop rate at certain type of item.
  8. Keep the mana spliting from DD2

What you need to stay away

1. Micro-transaction (doesnt hurt to reiterate even if was said to not go that way)
  2. Any pregression Reset
  3. No loot box, even if no micro-transaction we dont need an RNG droped item that adds more RNG
  4. Don't force us to play specific map to farm for component needed to upgrade our gear.
  5. Don't force us to play only specific hero/build to be able to farm, will aways be a meta but its up to you to make sure its diversified
  • Like 2

Well, just announced - PS4 and Xbox and confirmed on launch day!!!!! best news ever!!!!!  I will be dropping my backing on Kickstarter tonight! 

• Like 2

I really hope they give us good modding tools so if we decide to have some fun with some creative designs for pets, weapons, maps, ect. We don't have to deal with multiple crashes to get them working. The modding community was limited in DD1 and I think it would have been better if we had better tools, I liked the creative maps people came up with in DD1. But if we get something that's as basic as model swapping that would be fine. I love modding games but most tools out there are way too complicated then they need to be and letting people express their creative side would definitely be a plus for the game. Just as long as OP weapons stay local and Online is strict with mods to the point where its only cosmetic/visual based changes then I think it would be fine.

5 hours ago, Ghostmanryan said:

I really hope they give us good modding tools so if we decide to have some fun with some creative designs for pets, weapons, maps, ect. We don't have to deal with multiple crashes to get them working. The modding community was limited in DD1 and I think it would have been better if we had better tools, I liked the creative maps people came up with in DD1. But if we get something that's as basic as model swapping that would be fine. I love modding games but most tools out there are way too complicated then they need to be and letting people express their creative side would definitely be a plus for the game. Just as long as OP weapons stay local and Online is strict with mods to the point where its only cosmetic/visual based changes then I think it would be fine.

Modding skins and weapon skins is fine. But creating own weapons is a no go, that will ruin the game.

Posted (edited)

The only thing I don’t want in DDA is big goofy looking heads,  it’s dated and an ugly look. 😄

Edited by gcstephen13

One think id like to see is slight aesthetic changes on the turrets when they get upgraded up as DD1 lacked this and i feel its always a nice little touch on tower defence games

Things that I would like to see in DD:A...

(1) Please add the map view from DD1 that displays the lane schedules (or a better version of it!);

20190317110741_1.thumb.jpg.05f88b4e822d738570d95a4d8fa68cb5.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2) Secret rooms are always fun...more of those please (maybe let them be customizable and let us show them off?)

Also, since its displayed in this picture, BULLET RELOAD PLEASE.   Even though it basically did nothing it was just so satisfying to see the character reload bullets;

20190317111257_1.thumb.jpg.f2220f9b5f75ae259a2ee9dfdb531a77.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) Could we get a single NPC that does what all of the following NPCs were able to do, (obviously in a way that is applicable to how DD:A is ultimately designed);

20190317112225_1.thumb.jpg.f130425e956ca9242637f5ca80ad0c9f.jpg

20190317112237_1.thumb.jpg.653d93142bd465fd54abd82eff0f9e74.jpg

20190317112029_1.thumb.jpg.d5f6ee7dac16e71b9fd05fc748565f91.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(4) I would be nice to see an overhaul of the loot system that combines gating based on how far into the game you get (such as how it was done in DD1) with some sort of magic find type of system that lets us farm more efficiently.   One way to do it would be to combine the daily quest system from DD2 and modifier/consumable system such as that in DD:E to increase(or decrease!) the quality/types/amounts of items that drop as well as adding it as a possible stat on equipment (samples of the aforementioned systems are displayed below);

20190317111812_1.thumb.jpg.b65d0e0bdf8a590d4e9f2a8d15836279.jpg

20190317112525_1.thumb.jpg.1af4ab2402ac429b98520eb3bd8a68bd.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(5) A system of mana that doesn't require us to swap characters, similar to how it was implemented in DD2

- I don't have a preference as to whether defense mana and ability mana are split, but mana dropping as a building resource and as currency was a great system

(6) Add Defense Unit cost as a stat so that we can have more towers (with some sort of stat trade-off of course)

- Being able to make odd builds is something that I enjoy.   Having the option of designing a viable build utilizing a lot of weaker towers just seems like it would be more fun

then just having a few strong ones

(7) The ability to save builds for when we repeatedly farm maps and to an automatic upgrade feature that accompanies it

- I know that some people like the build phase, but I'm not one of them.   I find it to be much more fun designing a build once, then testing it and making the occasional change.

Also, it would make the grind for items feel better, and generally save a whole lot of time when farming items

- If we ever get the ability to save builds, it would be great if we could also have them automatically upgrade in a specific order

- Its lots of fun progressing, but having to replay the same maps hundreds of times while doing something that you don't enjoy (such as rebuilding the same tower setups over

and over again) makes playing the game a lot less appealing

(8) Short map duration or the option to make waves go faster (such as a 3x speed feature)

- I understand that its a farming game, but some sort

(9) A much clearer method of gear progression

(10) Pets and/or item modifications that significantly change how towers work

- In the earlier days of DD2, it was a lot of fun being able to turn a flame tower into a flamethrower or a cannonball tower into one that shoots a rolling cannonball.   Having more

of that but implemented for all towers would be great.   Also, being able to change elemental affinity for any tower would be nice (especially if we get elemental combos again)

(11) Please allow us to use the mouse wheel to scroll though heroes when building (and possibly set which heroes and what order we can scroll through them in)

(12) I would love to see an infinite mode, such s the original onslaught from DD2, come back but with better difficulty and loot scaling

(13) turn the maximum number of targets that  tower can hit into a stat that can appear on equipment

(14) an auto sort and sell feature

- After dealing with the inventory nightmare that exists in DD2, it would be great to be able to just designate certain quality or certain stats on items and just have the game

automatically sell items that match those designations

- Also, some way to disable any "are you sure that you want to sell that" warning when selling an entire bag/inventory of useless items

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that I absolutely cant stand don't want to see in DD:A;

(1) Controlled burn or other mechanics that make enemies completely immune to damage

(2) Enemies that can automatically attack the hero, with no way to build our towers, or kill it with a hero, before it gets to the hero

(3) Hard caps on tower stats that prevent the stats on items from increasing

(4) Useless barricades towers, such as what happened to barricades in DD2 (this would be a great place to insert joke about U.S. politics, but ill restrain myself...for now)

(5) Upgrade material items (yes, I'm talking about DD2 plain motes and the like)

- It takes long enough to farm items, just let us use mana (or whatever standard currency DD:A uses) to upgrade them

(6) Features or modes that can ONLY be used, or take full effect, if you are playing with other people

- Such as how ancient power only had a full effect when multiple players were in the same map

• Like 2

what i want:

-Dryad (you guys knew this was coming)

-UI Scaling/customizing: i want to be able to change the size of certain UI elements, move them around, or remove them entirely. Also, i want all of the elements to have a scale for transparency. Another thing i have been asking for is the ability to change the colors of different types of enemies on the minimap so that i can set brighter colors to enemies that i feel i should prioritize.

-Skinssss: i want an equal amount of skins for all characters. (not like in DD2 where the monk has like 50 skins and the newer characters have like 3 unique skins.

-Pets that actually do something other than float around to give you stat bonuses and the occasional ability. i want pets to be strong allies that can follow you around or be able to set in a certain spot in order to do some extra damage in a lane while you go and handle something else. While on the topic of pets, let’s get some pets that walk around next to you in the ground(like some dogs) Also, pets that attack in different ways. for example, some pets (like the dogs) would be melee pets that actually jump out and melee enemies. i don’t like how every pet just sits back and shoot a different colored thing.

-Trading

-Crossplay: between PC, Xbox, Switch, and maybe ps4 (if they allow it)

-More unique Challenge modes like in DD1. (only one i can remember right now is the one where you go around dodging towers and traps to get that huntress weapon)

-More unique weapons: To me, this is probably my favorite part of the game.

-Keep the upgrading system like in DD1 or just refine it. i liked being able to upgrade any stat after getting an upgrade on a weapon.

-Dryad

-that’s all i can think of off the top of my head

• Like 1

QoL improvement in terms of multiple characters of the same class on for say building the other for hero combat. I would like to see a loadout save for your character. so instead of making 2 monks you can swap between a tower building gear set and then switch to your heavy hitting gear before the round starts. Towers will keep stats to what ever gear set you've built them in.

• Sad 1

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, MikeM said:

QoL improvement in terms of multiple characters of the same class on for say building the other for hero combat. I would like to see a loadout save for your character. so instead of making 2 monks you can swap between a tower building gear set and then switch to your heavy hitting gear before the round starts. Towers will keep stats to what ever gear set you've built them in.

Personally I feel like that takes away from the game.  Part of the fun is creating multiples of the same hero and customizing them in unique ways to accomplish individual purposes.  Removing that and only requiring a gear swap takes a lot of that out.

• Like 2