Martin Arcainess

What you want and don't want in DDA

1 hour ago, Kobalobasileus said:

Do Not Want:

-DD1-style gear stats, where an item could (read: always would) roll with a humongous negative penalty that ruined/negated the positives. The DD2 stat system actually makes sense and works in a rational way.

Didnt played DD1 for kinda long time, but doesnt negatives stats means higher positives ones ? Like imagine you wanna gear up a builder then you loot a -300 hero health/+600 tower damages/range/rate, how cooler it is than a +300/+300... Like its damn cool.

17 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

How can an auction house function offline...?

:gobuthonk:

Id think he means when you go offline people can still access your store.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Edited post::

I have never played DD2, but have spent a lot of time playing DD1.  My references will be different from most posts because I only have DD1 to reference.

Do want:

*large selection of heroes and customization to them

*Reforging of armor.  Similar to how world of warcraft once allowed allocation of stats on an item to be changed at a conversion rate i.e. get rid of hero cast rate and add that stat to hero damage at a 25% conversion rate or whatever seems balanced (not to exceed the typical cap ) OR simply resetting your armor to its original state to completely change how it was upgraded in the first place.  Just an idea!

*Events items similar to the recent ones in DD1 where its either on the low end of the "high quality" definition or very niche.  

*character specific settings, such as whether or not accessories are displayed, and maybe even different mouse sensitivities for different heroes 

*cross platform would help keep the community large.  I think this should be made a higher priority, personally

Don't want:

*unusable rare item drops (such as a great DPS piece that rolls with only 3 of 4 resistances, or a weapon that is based around projectiles, rolling without additional projectile stat)

*Rainmaker V2.0 or really any type of hyper-meta 

EDIT:

*Looks like the DD2 players talk about inability to upgrade weapons/characters.  I would like to see the option to customize stats similar to DD1 

*I think it’s a fair request to ask that mr squire continue to forget his pants on occasion (keep funny or silly costume ideas)

*The more I think about it, it would be amazing to have the ability to completely revert a piece of armor to it's original drop and upgrade in a different way.  I'm not sure how practical or possible that is, but it sounds awesome, in my opinion.

Edited by UncrownedData
  • Like 2

Wath I want from DDA:

-More or less same statscaling than in dd1, give me 0.05s balistashots where u see only a stream of destruction ;D

-maby add on top of that shards but not the flat more damage / range shards more gimic shards like sploody harpoon ect.

-If possible the old music has to return!!!

-the herodeck from dd2 is a nice bonus makes leveling your squadd far easyer

Wath I DON´T want from DDA:

-The return of hardcounters like cyborgs venguards or koboltz, there should be no limits based on enemys wath u can or can not build

(Bosses with sweetspots like in dd1 are ok as long as they are real bosses and no enemys that appear randomly during normal waves)

• Like 3

Don't want any form of PVP there are gazillions of MOBA and Battle Royal games out there for people to get their fix... there are very few Tower Defense games and none anywhere close to DD2 or DD1. 

I think DD2 suffered as it had early plans as MOBA and I'd hate for the Kickstarter funds to be wasted on a tacked on game mode which would cost us more TD content- or God forbid - miss the console release due to dev time and money put in to PvP. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I absolutely LOVE the hero building aspect that DD1 had going for it. These are some other things I would love to see in DDA

1. Being able to build DPS or Build focused heroes

2. "Set" bonuses with gear like in DD1 (like all leather or plate armor)

3. Being able to upgrade items by spending your gems rather then sacrificing your items to upgrade

I don't know. I just liked these things.

I add my support to what a lot of people are saying. I think that having just one type of currency makes load more sense.

Edited by Tadag
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UncrownedData said:

Don't want:

*Rainmaker V2.0 or really any type of hyper-meta

I think we can all agree the RainMaker was a mistake, but that's in the past and we can't really change it for DD1.  To be honest, it's a mistake to have any event items that exceed or even come close to the limits of what you can farm on your own.

Just now, Plane said:

I think we can all agree the RainMaker was a mistake, but that's in the past and we can't really change it for DD1.  To be honest, it's a mistake to have any event items that exceed or even come close to the limits of what you can farm on your own.

Couldn't have said it better.  Please avoid this at all costs in DDA.  Event items should fall quite short of farmable limits, but also avoid being mostly useless as a lot of the very early DD1 event accessories were.  

Posted (edited)

What i really really miss from DD1 is the gun that shoots through walls and also auto-aim locks on targets. Man that was a sweet gun. We sorta got the DD1 Blasticus through the DD2 Megashark, but we never got the wall-shooter. I want that gun soooooo bad. 

I am curious - what was the Rainmaker? 

Edited by Jaws_420
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Jaws_420 said:

I am curious - what was the Rainmaker? 

It's an event item that is the top DPS weapon in DD1 by a good margin.  You can see pics and a small write up on it in this fine thread by one of the nicest and best DD1 players I have ever met in person:

https://forums.dungeondefenders.com/forums/topic/148645-event-items-with-details/

Edited by russman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Defenso said:

Don't want any form of PVP there are gazillions of MOBA and Battle Royal games out there for people to get their fix... there are very few Tower Defense games and none anywhere close to DD2 or DD1. 

I think DD2 suffered as it had early plans as MOBA and I'd hate for the Kickstarter funds to be wasted on a tacked on game mode which would cost us more TD content- or God forbid - miss the console release due to dev time and money put in to PvP. 

Did you ever play Tower Wars in DD1?  I only did once or twice, but it was quite fun and a good way that PvP could be in DDA.

1 minute ago, gotrunks712 said:

Did you ever play Tower Wars in DD1?  I only did once or twice, but it was quite fun and a good way that PvP could be in DDA.

PvP could be a fun addition, but I think it is better to focus efforts on other things at this time. It is important to note that game modes can be added later. My stance is that dev time should focus on console release and cross platform integration first. I think it would be easier to add a game mode later than try to integrate platforms after launch.  The point is not whether or not it is a fun mode, but whether it is a top priority.

On 3/6/2019 at 6:07 AM, Elandrian said:

Love these threads.  Keep it up!

So what I'm really hearing... is only Dark Assassin and Sharken waves... yesss.  Got it.
giphy.gif

I actually want more of that yeah.

Also a unified nightmare mode again and the return of DD1 hardcore mode and survival. 

I hope this game isn’t f2p and eventually comes on ps4.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KnowsNoLimits said:

I hope this game isn’t f2p and eventually comes on ps4.

Don't worry! This game will never be F2P and no microtrans either. And Chromatic do plan on releasing the game on console. If the kickstarter do hit the console flex goals, the game will hit console faster! Otherwise, it will be eventually, just a matter of time needed.

• Like 1

Want

Replay option like in dd2

Cross save and maybe play

Survival mode

Renaming full upgraded items

Don't want

High level Assassins

So much time or borring replay of the same maps again and adgain for getting the most wanted things like mod reroll ampule,  10/10 tenac or c8 ampule, that was better in DD1 I think, more linear getting ur rewards

Onslought as endgame but not multiplayer friendly 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gotrunks712 said:

9 hours ago, UncrownedData said:

PvP could be a fun addition, but I think it is better to focus efforts on other things at this time. It is important to note that game modes can be added later. My stance is that dev time should focus on console release and cross platform integration first. I think it would be easier to add a game mode later than try to integrate platforms after launch.  The point is not whether or not it is a fun mode, but whether it is a top priority.

I remember playing a few games of PVP on DD1 but it was 'not all that' but considering I probably had well over a 1000 hours in DD1 the faction of PVP play was miniscule in that time frame (probably spent more time arranging weapons in my tavern than total time playing PVP).

So that's why it should not be core game play or anything like that at the moment - the focus should be on delivering a solid and challenging TD PVE game and hopefully on all platforms with cross play if at all possible.... then if as the second poster said they add it as an update later if the game is in a healthy state then that will be OK as it's not diverting time and effort away from the launch product.

5 hours ago, Paloverde zfogshooterz said:

Don't worry! This game will never be F2P and no microtrans either. And Chromatic do plan on releasing the game on console. If the kickstarter do hit the console flex goals, the game will hit console faster! Otherwise, it will be eventually, just a matter of time needed.

Do we know if PS+ will be required as this is a full retail game?

I think usually F2P games don't require it for online but not sure if retail games can be exempt. 

I have PS+ anyway so not a sticking point for me and if I remember correctly local co-op should work as long as primary account is logged in on the PS4 at the same time - be nice to clarify though (I guess the same question will be valid for the Xbox guys as well).

2 hours ago, Defenso said:

Do we know if PS+ will be required as this is a full retail game?

I think usually F2P games don't require it for online but not sure if retail games can be exempt. 

I have PS+ anyway so not a sticking point for me and if I remember correctly local co-op should work as long as primary account is logged in on the PS4 at the same time - be nice to clarify though (I guess the same question will be valid for the Xbox guys as well).

Hmmm, I have no idea about that, didn't see that in the FAQs. Hopefully Chromatic will be able to answer that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Please let the map host collect all mana in all the chests and on the floor in an easy convenient way at the start of the map and during construction phase.

It really sucks having to run around opening chests especially on big maps and when playing solo.

Also please make sure that melee towers (like squire towers) can RELIABLY reach and hit melee enemies that are attacking them (orcs and ogres in dd1 can often attack bouncy and slice towers without being hit in return).

And ofc make sure that every tower has some useful purpose and feature so that they are all utilized.

Probably the most important: make sure that random players can easily help the host in the defense, so that hosts are encouraged to make games and let randoms join and meet.

Edited by Bogdanov89
  • Like 1

All DDA needs to do is take DD1... copy and paste and then add a few more quality of life features.

The farming in DD1 was amazing IMO... the randomness etc was great!  

I remember running through the campaign with friends and we had some of the best times ever!

Progression was slow but i liked this, it meant your average joe putting 12 hours into the game wouldn't reach end game. I hit over 1k hours and still some maps are a challenge!

Also want to ensure challenges cant be abused like DD1.. i dont need to say which one.... 

DDA just needs to help people understand how to progress properly, but keep the loot random like DD1... none of this DD2 crap.

We also want to be able to find tran/sup/ult gear again and stick our points where we want them!

i could make this post 6 pages long... but i just dont have a spare 4 hours to type it all up :D

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Personally I’d like a total artistic redesign of DD1 with DD2 assets. The models and graphics were charming when they came out but they have aged... poorly.  Plus think of how much cooler the Demon Lord, the Goblin Mech and the Ancient Dragon will look in the new style!

Better weapon designs. Even the vendor trash in 2 had neat designs. 

Less weapon size variation. I personally didn’t enjoy the whole “ this sword could either be the size of a pocket knife or a building deal. 

Keep the batshit tower stats. I seriously missed having laser cannon ballista and auras the size of the map. 

Dont bring back the stat loss for swapping characters. That was just annoying. 

Dont bring back the time limits for build phase in Nightmare. They brought challenge, sure, but it wasn’t FUN challenge. 

Fewer stats overall. This is just me but I hated having to raise stats just to upgrade at a decent clip. 

For the love of all that is holy, let the trash we leave behind auto sell again!

• Like 3

Don't change one thing from DD1, just upgrade the graphics and ensure no hacking.

Don't do anything stupid like DDE where ridiculous over powered ideas destroyed the balance. Talk with the community devs that took on DD1 after it was left to rot, they did a lot of good stuff.

Fix the terrible lag on high end Nightmare maps when using large lightning auras.

The game was pretty much perfect until all the hacks destroyed it.

DDE was ruinded by the devs

DD2 just had no proper direction, swing from this to that to this agin and then the awful ascension idea.

DD1 did survival correctly don't for god sake fork that up, although DDE putting a time limit on it worked well, perhaps you could have as switch, between original and time limited best of both worlds.

For good ness sake play DD1 yourselves from 0 to 100, from easy to NMHCMM and see what it was all about.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fozzie said:

For good ness sake play DD1 yourselves from 0 to 100, from easy to NMHCMM and see what it was all about.

I've done it, twice actually, and I really don't want to do it again.  DDA can be a great game while still improving on DD1.  I don't think DD1 or DD2 are bad games at all, but I think this can be an improvement to both.

Especially glad the devs have said they want to move way from forcing emulated controllers to farm most efficiently.

• Like 1